I Finally Sang in LRB

folkeyefolkeye Headliner
edited December 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
I'm usually on mic for RB2, and noticed there is quite a difference in the vocals for LRB. For one, the indicator arrow is never smooth, it's always jittering (not like the true shaky arrow at least). It is much more picky on pitch, and as usual... there are many talkie sections that don't register sound at all (same for RB2 and some particular downloads).

Anybody else have these issues? I'm looking forward to pulling them into RB2 soon, even if just for the smooth arrow (most the time).

Comments

• nolanandrewnolanandrew Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Yup, totally agree. I'd say the vocals are about 1.25 times harder or so.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited November 2009
    nolanandrew;3235114 said:
    Yup, totally agree. I'd say the vocals are about 1.25 times harder or so.
    I think you also need to start way early too hit the phrase.
  • XeromatrixXeromatrix Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I couldn't really tell the difference, honestly, although I don't really sing all that often (despite the fact that I love doing it) I got like 83% on Two Princes (stupid improv at the end screwed me up) and 94% on Aliens Exist so it wasn't too bad for sight reads.

I love this game and have no problems with it (even though I'm on the Wii) although my Les Paul controller seems to drop a bunch of notes (especially on solos) but still works fine on RB2, I would think that it's a calibration issue, but my drums are working perfect the way I have it now.. I'm so confused.
  • vicpacvicpac Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I just played for the first time too. (PS3). The arrow was jittering for every song. It seemed to cut out a little even when I was holding a note.

I tried both my mics and restarted the game a couple of times and each time it was the same. I also messed with the mic sensitivity and it didn't get better.

So as far as I can tell there is no way to remove the jitter in the arrow. Disappointing but I really like the game overall.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Is this a PS3 thing? I don't see a jittering arrow on my 360 game. Also, I don't feel like you have to sing early. In fact, I was just thinking today how vocals feels slightly easier than RB2 on expert. But maybe it's just I was having a really good vox day yesterday. I dunno.
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Just a tip for Breakout's talkies:
    You literally need to force growl unnaturally.
  • lotr rocks 0lotr rocks 0 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I loves screaming the "BREAKOUT!!!!" part even though I can't really scream well.. lol

I havn't noticed anything particularly harder on vox in lego tbh, the scoring system is much more patronizing though.
  • recharge138recharge138 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Its about as close to right as can be, I think. On par with the Beatles. RB2 I always thought was too easy and RB1 was overly demanding. LRB and TBRB have found the balance.

(Yet too 100 percent any song on LRB on expvox...grumble...but I'd say its fair)
  • nolanandrewnolanandrew Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I have 360 and notice the jittery arrow.
  • thjimmythjimmy Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    folkeye;3235108 said:
    I'm usually on mic for RB2, and noticed there is quite a difference in the vocals for LRB. For one, the indicator arrow is never smooth, it's always jittering (not like the true shaky arrow at least). It is much more picky on pitch, and as usual... there are many talkie sections that don't register sound at all (same for RB2 and some particular downloads).

Anybody else have these issues? I'm looking forward to pulling them into RB2 soon, even if just for the smooth arrow (most the time).
    We've noticed the same thing. And it's not just in the LEGO game, but it is also when you sing the same songs in RB2.

It's almost as if there is a lag between the vocalist and the vocal track which makes singing more difficult.

We all play on 360.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    I've sang a few songs, but haven't noticed any issues yet. But I can't tell if any struggles are because it's a new song or because of what other people are seeing.

DLC I've played in RB2 doesn't seem to have a problem...
  • WolfbeckettWolfbeckett Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I've noticed this too. I've been playing guitar since I got the game but last night my fingers were aching a bit so I sang instead. Singing seemed significantly harder for me than it is in RB2. The jittery arrow was definitely annoying. Kinda glad it's not just me, last night I was worried that my $80 wireless mic I just bought a few months ago was already going out ;).
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited November 2009
    T-Hybrid;3237163 said:
    I've sang a few songs, but haven't noticed any issues yet. But I can't tell if any struggles are because it's a new song or because of what other people are seeing.

DLC I've played in RB2 doesn't seem to have a problem...
    The struggles are both on songs that are new (obviously :p ) and the ones I'm used to. It just really wants you to be loud and make sure you sing ahead of time or it might not decide you're not worthy of receiving a 'perfect' on the phrase. At least that was what I felt. I've got the sensitivity of the mic in a good place so I know it hears me. I've seen some phrases go by that were nailed and it said they were 'good' which in reality is 'that wasn't very good'.

Aside from the constant jitter of the indicator, has any PS3 player come across the good ol' Shaky Arrow yet?
  • braves22braves22 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    folkeye;3235116 said:
    I think you also need to start way early too hit the phrase.
    Wouldn't this have to do more so with calibration?
  • ZigZag2005ZigZag2005 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    folkeye;3237180 said:
    Aside from the constant jitter of the indicator, has any PS3 player come across the good ol' Shaky Arrow yet?
    Not yet. (Knock on wood) Tho' I have noticed the issues you noted above. L:RB seems just a tad less forgiving than the RB2 engine. It will be interesting to compare directly once exported.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited November 2009
    I haven't had any problems, except I suck at "Rooftops" and thought it'd be easier :o
  • GryffindorGryffindor Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Folkeye: I'm experiencing the exact same problems. I switched mic's back and forth and the shaky arrow is still there. It's not the SAS we get in RB1 & 2 but it's definitely noticeable to those of us who sing on expert.

I've given up on even trying vox for LRB (after telling LRB to go F itself more than a few times when I got more than a few "Greats"), and will simply wait for the export this Thurs. It wasn't worth the fight on a game that doesn't even have leaderboards anyways.

Whomever said the Beatles vocals was like LRB - I completely disagree. TB:RB has no shaky arrow whatsoever. It is harder than RB2 but not unpredictable like LRB.
  • vicpacvicpac Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Same here Gryff. I sang on Medium and got my Flawless Vocalist 'chieve and put my mic away. The jitter is in every song, every difficulty.
  • dblduecedblduece Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I sing on expert on the 360 and haven't noticed any of this. No shaky arrow, no broken talkies...maybe i'm just lucky i guess :confused:
  • ScottyTheBodyScottyTheBody Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I noticed this too.

One thing I discovered, though it's probably already known, is when I was at a broken talkie, I got disappointed and was about to "tut" when I accidentally CLICKED my tongue and nailed the broken talkie...so that actually works.
  • ParodygmParodygm Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Okay, I finally attempted to sing in LRB last night and it surprised the hell out of me. I could barely get it to register pitch changes at all. Assuming that it was a mic sensitivity problem, I boosted the level and got no improvement.

Even dropping down to Medium difficulty I couldn't prevent a near immediate fail. Are people seeing quite that bad a response in general, or do I have a seperate issue?
  • OrgasmicOrangeOrgasmicOrange Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I'm big on singing and noticed that the arrow is shaky on the PS3 version - found that hiot really cut odwn on the score due to this. I like the game overall, but really didn't like the shaky arrow while singing - think they realy screwed this up while making the game.

I just imported the Lego songs into RB2 - anyone done this and found they are fine in RB2?? If they are I will play Lego until I finish the game and then use RB2 to play the songs to avoid the problem with singing.

NOTE TO HMX: Please release a patch to fix the shaky arrow & pitch while singing as it really takes away from some of the enjoyment of the game.
  • ClipheadCliphead Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    While the game is generally slightly harder on vocals, I had no trouble getting gold stars on The Final Coundown in Lego, but I more often get 5 regular stars in Rock Band 2. I think the cowbell parts give you more points.
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I played "Best of You" and got 100% sightread on L:RB, and I suck at vocals. So I see no difference.