Bought RB Lego - No Insert

DannDann Unsigned
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
Who should I contact regarding this issue? Bought it at a GameStop, brought it home, opened it - and no insert. Tried to return it for a game with an insert and they refused to accept the return because it was opened software. Suggested I contact the manufacturer.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. Honestly, all I wanted this for was the export and it's annoying me that I'm out $50 when I was (for once) an honest consumer :).

Comments

• jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited November 2009
    I would suggest trying the technical support forum too. I don't know how much HMX looks at this board, and they might see it there.

Good luck! I hope they can help you with the code!
  • BBULL89BBULL89 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I would go back to gamestop and yell at them. Their receipts say that all opened items can be exchanged for a identical item within seven days of purchase.
  • The ManimalThe Manimal Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Dann;3235510 said:
    Who should I contact regarding this issue? Bought it at a GameStop, brought it home, opened it - and no insert. Tried to return it for a game with an insert and they refused to accept the return because it was opened software. Suggested I contact the manufacturer.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. Honestly, all I wanted this for was the export and it's annoying me that I'm out $50 when I was (for once) an honest consumer :).
    Send support an E-mail. I'm not surprised with this, because the same thing happened to me with AC/DC track pack and I have yet to recieve my code. I got that around Christmass time last year. But I bought it at Wall mart. I actually have been hearing from most of my friends the they have not been finding their codes in the cases also. I don't know what's up.
  • billybobjoe1881billybobjoe1881 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    The AC/DC code is on the back of the instruction manual
  • edited November 2009
    Give EA support a phone call - (650) 628-1001

Be cool on the phone, let them know the situation and ask for a replacement code.
  • miethamietha Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Are you sure it was "sealed" in the first place? This is gamestop we're talking about. Since the codes are going for ~$20 on ebay, I'm guessing an employee is $20 richer off of you.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Gamestop will return opened games for the same game. Go to a different gamestop tell them that your system gives you a disc error. Make sure they give you a sealed copy.
  • deathmonkeydeathmonkey Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Ehfahq;3237242 said:
    Gamestop will return opened games for the same game. Go to a different gamestop tell them that your system gives you a disc error. Make sure they give you a sealed copy.
    But not just sealed by a shrink wrap machine. Sealed from the factory. Upon close inspection you can tell...just be careful...

and never buy from Gamestop again...:D
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    deathmonkey;3237340 said:

and never buy from Gamestop again...:D
    Not all Gamestops are bad. My local gamestop is quite good.
    edited November 2009
    Ehfahq;3237395 said:
    You know how when one person can **** up and ruin it for everybody? That's Gamestop to me. I'm glad that some people find joy in Gameslop, but I don't care how good some of their other stores are...I will never work for them again and I will never give them my money again. Doing so would just be feeding the beast. My money is better spent elsewhere.

Bitter? Yeah, maybe a little...:p
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited November 2009
    I don't even have a Gamestop here but the first thing I thought of when I saw the topic title was "I bet he bought it at Gamestop!" and look at that.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    Ehfahq;3237395 said:
    Same here. I was a regular for four years at two GameStops in the town I went to college, and have now regulared another in the town I live now.

Not ONCE have I been offered a "gutted" copy of a new game, nor have a I had a resealed new copy.

That "loaner" copy they let employees take home is the one or two that they put on the shelf.
    edited November 2009
    rock_starman;3237970 said:
    i don't even have a gamestop here but the first thing i thought of when i saw the topic title was "i bet he bought it at gamestop!" and look at that.
    lol
  • edited November 2009
    deathmonkey;3237441 said:
    You know how when one person can **** up and ruin it for everybody? That's Gamestop to me. I'm glad that some people find joy in Gameslop, but I don't care how good some of their other stores are...I will never work for them again and I will never give them my money again. Doing so would just be feeding the beast. My money is better spent elsewhere.

Bitter? Yeah, maybe a little...:p
    Sounds like someone got fired.

;)
    edited November 2009
    Doc_SoCal;3238516 said:
    Sounds like someone got fired.

;)
    Oh, no...not at all. In fact, I credit them with giving me the skills needed to move on and run my own game store. The company is just really lame when it comes to hiring "gamers". None of the dudes I worked with were. And when it comes to customers, as a whole the company is just a bunch of dicks. I also used to go into various Gamestops to test their knowledge of gaming by pretending to be clueless, and each time they failed miserably. Maybe it's just me, but a company that sells games should employ people that know games and know what they are talking about...pretty much like how every other retail business should be run.
  • xTylerxTyler Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Just so you know...renting the game doesn't get you a code.

Otherwise, it'd be there.
  • TheLovelyNoiseTheLovelyNoise Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    xTyler;3239107 said:
    Just so you know...renting the game doesn't get you a code.

Otherwise, it'd be there.
    it does at a certain big chain movie rental place in my town...a day after i bought LRB i went in to rent some flicks and decided to check out the cases for the PS3 and XBOX 360 versions and sure enough every rental copy had the code, no manual but they left the code inserts in.
  • geo2n2geo2n2 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Did the game have the folded plastic seal and the Microsoft seal sticker on the sides and/or bottom intact? If not it's a re-sealed game from the crooks at Gamestop. That company is sleaze.
  • edited November 2009
    TheLovelyNoise;3239155 said:
    it does at a certain big chain movie rental place in my town...a day after i bought LRB i went in to rent some flicks and decided to check out the cases for the PS3 and XBOX 360 versions and sure enough every rental copy had the code, no manual but they left the code inserts in.
    Wow!

Thats amazing.

Not so much that they were there but more that one of the rental lackies was not in the back room listing them on eBay.

;)
  • TheLovelyNoiseTheLovelyNoise Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Doc_SoCal;3239218 said:
    Wow!

Thats amazing.

Not so much that they were there but more that one of the rental lackies was not in the back room listing them on eBay.

;)
    i know, i couldn't believe it myself. it's hard to believe any of their employee's wouldn't realize the value of them. i did wonder why they would remove the manuals and leave the inserts.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    geo2n2;3239196 said:
    Did the game have the folded plastic seal and the Microsoft seal sticker on the sides and/or bottom intact? If not it's a re-sealed game from the crooks at Gamestop. That company is sleaze.
    Yep. I've never once NOT had those on the games I've bought.

In 7 years.

Across 10-11 stores.
  • edited November 2009
    Hey all - if you have any issues like this with your game you can either visit this link:

http://games.kidswb.com/official-site/lego-rock-band/support/

http://www.legorockbandgame.com/support should work as well.

or send an email to [email]support@legorockbandgame.com[/email]. You'll be able to get in touch with the correct people from the WBIE team and they should be able to help you out.
  • DannDann Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    HMXThrasher;3240934 said:
    Hey all - if you have any issues like this with your game you can either visit this link:

or send an email to [email]support@legorockbandgame.com[/email]. You'll be able to get in touch with the correct people from the WBIE team and they should be able to help you out.
    Thanks a bunch Thrasher! I contacted the support email address and am waiting to hear back. I'll post my experience when I hear back from them so that anyone else who may have this issue will know how to get it resolved.
  • DannDann Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    HMXThrasher;3240934 said:

Hey Thrasher...

Any other advice? I sent an email and this is the response I got:

Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server. [email]support@legorockbandgame.com[/email]

Any advice would be appreciated. I also sent an email to the North America Support from the website supplied, and they've yet to answer...