What instruments for my kids?

momsies5momsies5 Unsigned
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
I'm a mom with 5 kids, ages 14, 11, 9, 8 and 7. I want to buy them Lego Rock Band for their Wii, for Christmas. We have never owned a music-type game before and I am wondering what insturments I need to buy? It looks like we would need a bass, a guitar, a mic, and a drum set?? I am not at all a gaming person, so all of this is rather confusing. If someone could give me a list of the things I will need to buy, so that we wind-up with kid-friendly instruments, and they have absolutely everything they would need for the game on Christmas morning, I'd much appreicate it! Nothing worse than realizing that it won't all work at 11 am Christmas morning!;)

Thanks so much!

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Welcome to the Rockband Forums.

IMO you would be best served buy getting them the RB2 Bundle for 99.99 which comes with a full set of instruments, THEN buying the Lego Software.

Buying just the Lego Software and then the stand alone instruments will be considerably more expensive.

An additional guitar would also be good so guitar and bass can be played at the same time.

Old Navy has a promo on Black Friday that would be a great place to pick these things up and you might get Lego:Rockband for free!
  • RiftoffRiftoff Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Hi there. As far as I know there is no instrument bundle for Lego:RB. Currently the cheapest way to get a full band set is to buy the RB2 bundle ($99, but there will probably be some nice deals for the holidays), another guitar, and then buy Lego with it all.
  • momsies5momsies5 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Thanks! Simple enough!
  • edited November 2009
    Sounds like your family will be rocking around the Christmas tree for sure.

Rockband families rule.
  • AviStettoAviStetto Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    momsies5;3237279 said:
    Thanks! Simple enough!
    If you're buying for the family/kids, you may be better off buying the Band Hero bundle. It's more expensive than the Rock Band 2 bundle, but it (like Lego Rock Band) is geared toward family play. You could then buy the Lego Rock Band game and use the same instruments.

Also, you will need to own 4 Wii remotes. The instruments require the of use the Wiimotes.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Doc_SoCal;3237138 said:
    Welcome to the Rockband Forums.

IMO you would be best served buy getting them the RB2 Bundle for 99.99 which comes with a full set of instruments, THEN buying the Lego Software.
    I havent been able to find a Wii bundle for 99 bucks. If you know where to direct me I would appreciate it. So far ive only found it for 139.99.
  • rockdawg-1965rockdawg-1965 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Why? The Band Hero bundle has the same instruments as GH:WT. Add to that the difficult to manage drums (no, they are not hard to use, but they different and the play is just not the same and the charts feel... off with that drumset) and the fact that you don't need wiimotes for each guitar with the RB gear points to the less expensive, easier to use and cheaper total cost of ownership with the RB setup.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, according to the announcment: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171633 the sale is only for 360 and PS3.

The Wii still costs $140 for the bundle... but, that is still the best way to go. Buy the bundle and an extra guitar along with LEGO Rock Band.
  • edited November 2009
    Ehfahq;3237386 said:
    I havent been able to find a Wii bundle for 99 bucks. If you know where to direct me I would appreciate it. So far ive only found it for 139.99.
    No problemo Amigo.

They are still going to ding you shipping so it works out about the same as buying it at Best Buy for the 139.99.

Oh and its worth mentioning to the OP that those "Beatles Value Bundles" that you will see at Best Buy for a little less DO NOT have RB2 instruments in them, just RB1 versions so the RB2 + Lego:Rockband Disc deal is still better, not to mention you get a ton more music and its all "Teen" rated.

Not to say Adding The Beatles disc to your want list is not a great addition to RB2 & Lego:Rockband.

With Rockband, I have a simple philosophy.... More is better.

:)
  • edited November 2009
    AviStetto;3237379 said:
    If you're buying for the family/kids, you may be better off buying the Band Hero bundle. It's more expensive than the Rock Band 2 bundle, but it (like Lego Rock Band) is geared toward family play. You could then buy the Lego Rock Band game and use the same instruments.

Also, you will need to own 4 Wii remotes. The instruments require the of use the Wiimotes.
    Sorry but I have to disagree...

The GHWT drums are not good at all.

They are good for one thing but that has nothing to do with this thread.

Shop Smart, Shop Rockband.

:)
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Thanks dude. My neighbors are getting it next month for thier Wii. So ive been searching for a cheap RB2 bundle.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited November 2009
    Doc_SoCal;3237468 said:
    No problemo Amigo.

They are still going to ding you shipping so it works out about the same as buying it at Best Buy for the 139.99.
    What a joke, that store is listing the price low and jacking up the shipping in order to make it look like they have the lowest price.

The Wii is not part of the $99 bundle deal.
  • DrEeviilDrEeviil Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    If you already have 4 wiimotes, you can probably get a really good deal on the Guitar Hero: World Tour band bundle. If you can still find one.