Gender Crisis

JohnnygoWalkerJohnnygoWalker Opening Act
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
It's not really a huge deal, but it's something I have noticed. When I do freeplay and play a setlist with no songs sung by women in them. It still randomly generates a woman lego minifig to sing the song. This has happened quite a few times since I have gotten the game. Again it's not big deal it's just something I have noticed.

Comments

• T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    LEGO Rock Band has no gender distinction in its characters. You'll note this when you go through the rock shop and notice you can build a chick with lipstick, female body and a full beard (thanks to moosejaw or sharky)
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Yes this is easily the most gender confused RB game yet.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited November 2009
    T-Hybrid;3237985 said:
    LEGO Rock Band has no gender distinction in its characters. You'll note this when you go through the rock shop and notice you can build a chick with lipstick, female body and a full beard (thanks to moosejaw or sharky)
    Exactly.

If you think about it, they're toys. Toys don't have a gender. In fact, kids swap things around all the time. I know growing up, my brothers and I had a huge action figure collection. When we wanted a new figure, we'd sometimes take apart figures and combine pieces to make a new one.

For instance, we made a "girl" Ninja Turtle by taking an action figure of April O'Neil and putting a Leonardo's limbs and head on her. It was awesome. :D Some action figures you could just snap/un-snap pieces, but for others you had to just break 'em and then super glue pieces together, making this weird Frankenstein-type figure.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I do find it a bit weird I have to Frankenstein me a black chick on this game...so far, at least. I haven't unlocked everything/everyone yet.
  • wcarnationwcarnation Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    LEGO figs got no gender, only imagination.

They also don't exist in a world where a distinction needs to be made for some arbitrary reason.

Also, the whole game is supposed to be tongue-in-cheek goofy fun.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited November 2009
    My Lego's are confused, no matter what game they are in. I wouldn't have it any other way (maybe aside from wanting matching skin colors). :D
  • edited November 2009
    I thought this was going to be a thread about Marilyn Manson DLC for Lego: Rockband

;)
  • xTylerxTyler Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Obviously it matters if you made a thread about it...

Who cares really. Its a kids game by the way...like kids care.