Wii LRB No DLC or RB2 Songs?

BillyBongThortonBillyBongThorton Unsigned
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
Why is it when I goto quick play I only have the LRB songs to choose from? Do i need to import them? If so, how? Do I need to unlock them? I have completed 2 songs, but just wanted to try other songs in quickplay and none of my DLC is available.:mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Awesome_TreeAwesome_Tree Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Maybe all your DLC is blocked by the border?

And you can't play RB2 songs in LRB.
  • TheLovelyNoiseTheLovelyNoise Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    LRB does not support dlc for the wii and like Awesome_Tree mentioned rb2 tracks do not export on any system to LRB
  • BillyBongThortonBillyBongThorton Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    WTF?!?!?!?! No DLC for the Wii?

Why would anyone want to buy this game?? if you cant use the songs you've paid good money for, cant export them to RB2, cant import RB2 songs....this is 50 bucks for 43 songs, that can ONLY be played while the disc is in the machine?? HORRIBLE......Wii users get screwed
  • SuperMaxVSuperMaxV Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    BillyBongThorton;3240327 said:
    WTF?!?!?!?! No DLC for the Wii?

Why would anyone want to buy this game?? if you cant use the songs you've paid good money for, cant export them to RB2, cant import RB2 songs....this is 50 bucks for 43 songs, that can ONLY be played while the disc is in the machine?? HORRIBLE......Wii users get screwed
    The Wii version was never advertised as having those capabilities, nor has RB games ever had the ability to export on the Wii.
    edited November 2009
    SuperMaxV;3240341 said:
    The Wii version was never advertised as having those capabilities, nor has RB games ever had the ability to export on the Wii.
    Well I can understand the export issue, but come on....at least allow us to play the songs we paid good money for....i mean this game has even less replay-ablity with just the included songs on the disc....

WEAK, LAME.....and any other adj. you can think that suggests that LRB failed the Wii users.
  • PerfxionPerfxion Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Um, problems are not with LRB. But with Wii's music store not able to do a content filter. Plus, you payed to play them on the RB platform. LRB is a kids game in the platform. RB2 plays EVERYTHING on the platform. So you can play your songs on RB2.

The game didn't fail the Wii users since it is a full fledged stand alone game that does play on Wii.
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited November 2009
    BillyBongThorton;3240363 said:
    Well I can understand the export issue, but come on....at least allow us to play the songs we paid good money for....i mean this game has even less replay-ablity with just the included songs on the disc....

WEAK, LAME.....and any other adj. you can think that suggests that LRB failed the Wii users.
    Right, because it's not like Nintendo set a really tough system that HMX couldn't manage to get Traveler's Tales to develop through for the add on content or anything... :rolleyes:
    edited November 2009
    Perfxion;3240436 said:
    Plus, you payed to play them on the RB platform. LRB is a kids game in the platform. RB2 plays EVERYTHING on the platform. So you can play your songs on RB2.
    This makes NO Sense at all, since PS3 and Xbox users get thier songs in the LRB game, minus those that get nixed by the filter. I can only play the games on the Disc? Ive got 40+ DLC songs and cant play any of them? Seriously thats just pathetic excuse, if the other platforms get thier DLC in LRB. So in order to play the songs from LRB, I mite as well just download the ones I really like through the DLC in RB2?
  • TheLovelyNoiseTheLovelyNoise Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    BillyBongThorton;3240988 said:
    This makes NO Sense at all, since PS3 and Xbox users get thier songs in the LRB game, minus those that get nixed by the filter. I can only play the games on the Disc? Ive got 40+ DLC songs and cant play any of them? Seriously thats just pathetic excuse, if the other platforms get thier DLC in LRB. So in order to play the songs from LRB, I mite as well just download the ones I really like through the DLC in RB2?
    can only export the LRB songs into RB2 on PS3 or XBOX 360
  • DrEeviilDrEeviil Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Same as every other Wii game Harmonix has a hand in. Stupidly crippled for no good reason.

p.s. Do not waste your money on the so called "Track Packs".
  • ClipheadCliphead Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    DrEeviil;3242130 said:
    Same as every other Wii game Harmonix has a hand in. Stupidly crippled for no good reason.
    It's just Harmonix being stupid and lazy and has nothing to do with an underpowered system with a very difficult online infrastructure to work with. It's not like there's much room for the export download, since the Wii didn't support SDHC cards when Rock Band 2 came out, and retail games can't be patched.

I'm not trying to bash the Wii or anything, but sometimes the technically weaker system get the weaker games. Just because Guitar Hero 5 turned out so well doesn't mean it was easy.
  • MattyTMattyT Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Cliphead;3242277 said:
    It's just Harmonix being stupid and lazy and has nothing to do with an underpowered system with a very difficult online infrastructure to work with. It's not like there's much room for the export download, since the Wii didn't support SDHC cards when Rock Band 2 came out, and retail games can't be patched.

I'm not trying to bash the Wii or anything, but sometimes the technically weaker system get the weaker games. Just because Guitar Hero 5 turned out so well doesn't mean it was easy.
    ^^^This, this, a thousand times this. Add-on content isn't exactly a strong point for the Wii System.
  • esquehillesquehill Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    BillyBongThorton;3240988 said:
    I certainly agree that the wii version of L:RB is crippled wrt to the other 2 consoles. I find myself yanking out the L:RB disk and putting my RB2 disk back in....a LOT. Sigh.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited November 2009
    Well everyone said that Rock Band should do more things like Guitar Hero.

Now it's exactly like GH Aerosmith, GH Metallica, GH Smash Hits, and GH Van Halen.

Stand alone disc with No DLC that doesn't import into the main game on the Wii.

Congratulations.

I think a 1 to 4 ratio is pretty good.
  • blzbub74blzbub74 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    BillyBongThorton;3240363 said:
    Well I can understand the export issue, but come on....at least allow us to play the songs we paid good money for.
    Did your RB2 disc suddenly combust when you bought Lego? otherwise, you should be able to still play all those dlc songs you paid good money for.

All of your complaints are things that were well known before release. Maybe you should actually be an informed consumer before you buy a product.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    Why would anyone want to buy this game??
    I don't know about other people...but I tend to buy games because they're fun. I know, weird huh?
    if you cant use the songs you've paid good money for...
    You can use the LEGO songs just fine. It's that disc you're holding in your hand.

As far as DLC goes....the DLC you paid good money for works just fine in RB2. And since LEGO doesn't support DLC, there's no store to buy songs for. Hence you can't pay money for items you can't use in it.

Amazing no?
  • GRUMP1019GRUMP1019 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    As a wii owner I was extremely ticked off before I played the game that no DLC would be compatible with this game, as well as not being able to export the songs to RB2. Although I am still annoyed by these 2 items, I am enjoying the Lego Rock Band Experience. Yeah, I was I could choose more songs for my set-lists and albums, but I am enjoying just playing the songs that are there. I am a casual RBer and DLCer so these items may tick off those that are more hardcore RBers, but for now I am fine unlocking what I can and playing those songs that are listed until I am able to master them (which after a week on hard, no 100% yet).