Important thing regarding back up vocalists

FangSingFangSing Opening Act
edited November 2009 in The Rock Band Network
There are many songs that have back up vocals and on Rock Band often there's nobody singing them, even the vocalists. Even when the Main vocalists is singing the back up, can we have the Guitarists and/or Bassist (And sometimes drummer) sing them on screen? It's very strange hearing vocals from absolutely nothing and it would be nice if either the guitarist or bassist sung them.

It happens a lot on the DLC and on some disk songs that Harmonix puts up. Hopefully people will do this on RBN...

Comments

• Mallrats8Mallrats8 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about. The Dead Weather songs and Clint Eastwood are the two that come to mind in particular. They have the drummer sing for Jack White and Del that Funky HomoSapien respectively.
  • FangSingFangSing Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Yep. And the drummer sings Patrick on Ridin' the Hook.

Another thing for everybody.. please... no charting keyboard charting... or flute charting... or accordion charting... and no clap charting for bass.

-________-

It just gets on my nerves and I'm hoping I won't see little errors once we see the finalized charts for RBM.
  • ATCMediaATCMedia Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    In Reaper, you can set note lengths in the Venue MIDI to specify the guitar player, bass player and/or drummer to sing along with the main vocal track.

This way, if you cut to any of them during this time, their mouths will match the lip sync with the main vocalist.

It only works with vocals that are on your lead (playable) vocal track though. To the best of my knowledge, Magma double checks to make sure your dry vocal track matches the playable vocals - so you can't add non-playable backing vocals to your dry vocal track.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited November 2009
    FangSing;3241999 said:
    There are many songs that have back up vocals and on Rock Band often there's nobody singing them, even the vocalists.
    This is for the reason explained in the post above me. The sing-alongs only work for the SAME part that's being sung by the lead vocalist. The game doesn't support different characters singing different parts (that's a feature added in The Beatles: Rock Band).
  • FangSingFangSing Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    trg007;3242081 said:
    This is for the reason explained in the post above me. The sing-alongs only work for the SAME part that's being sung by the lead vocalist. The game doesn't support different characters singing different parts (that's a feature added in The Beatles: Rock Band).
    Maybe Harmonix could implement the system in RB2 or in RB3 then. :(
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    As long as you chart it all to lead and mix it all into the dry vox track, you can have the illusion on screen of other characters singing parts.
  • MarsPhoenixMarsPhoenix Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, I'm sure Icky Thump would have been MUCH more interesting and fun if the keyboard wasn't charted. Love that GR chord.

And Clint Eastwood would have been STELLAR if they had just stuck with Guitar the whole time.
  • GeneralGilliamGeneralGilliam Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    FangSing;3242032 said:
    Yep. And the drummer sings Patrick on Ridin' the Hook.

Another thing for everybody.. please... no charting keyboard charting... or flute charting... or accordion charting... and no clap charting for bass.

-________-

It just gets on my nerves and I'm hoping I won't see little errors once we see the finalized charts for RBM.

Oh, I am charting the keyboard in 1 of my songs for about 15 seconds, there is no lead guitar or bas in that part and it just "feels" right while playing it.
  • Soror_YZBLSoror_YZBL Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I charted an e-bow a few days ago. :)
  • ClipheadCliphead Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I think the lead singer has to sing the vocal track at all times, but you can use camera cuts to hide the singer when you have another band member singing lead.