FREE Lego RB on Black Friday @ Old Navy

icpfaygoicpfaygo Opening Act
edited December 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
Hey everyone! Black Friday ads are starting to be posted on blackfriday.info. Old Navy has released their Black Frida ad and for a simple $20 purchase of clothes you get Lego RB FREE! I hadn't planned on getting it, but I can pick up a new shirt or 2 and pick it up for free. Old Navy is the last place I thought I would get a RB game. Plus if you are a big Black Friday shopper...Old Navy opens at 3AM so you can pick up your Lego RB and still make it to Best Buy for the TV! 2 Nice!:)

Comments

• CesarC10CesarC10 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    The ad looks fine, just the particular website gives that impression...

http://www.blackfriday.info/sales/oldnavy-black-friday-ad.html
  • AlexFlameAlexFlame Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    CesarC10;3256171 said:
    On one of the black friday ads websites it says (demo), what does this mean??? Will it not be the regular game?
    Hopefully its the real game. :confused:
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    This promotion makes a lot more sense if it's a demo. I mean, come on...
  • californicationcalifornication Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    demo ftl

There's no way I would ever go to Black Friday sales anyway. Good luck to anyone who does.
  • nightsx2nightsx2 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    The thing that worries me is that the blackfriday.info web site used to just say that the game was free with $20 purchase, but it has since been edited to say "demo."

Even if they do have the full retail version, who knows which console versions of the game they will have. You could end up with a Wii or PS2 version and $20 of Performance Fleece XD
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited November 2009
    nightsx2;3261199 said:
    Even if they do have the full retail version, who knows which console versions of the game they will have. You could end up with a Wii or PS2 version and $20 of Performance Fleece XD
    If you find a copy of the ad where you can read the small print, that's all been thought out beforehand. They'll have different colored bracelets for the 3 different consoles (Wii, PS3, and X360. LRB is not available for the PS2), and people in line before the store opens will choose 1 of the bracelets. That bracelet determines which copy of the game you get.

So if you want a copy for the Wii, you tell them that, and get your blue (or whatever color) bracelet. You won't end up with a version that you don't want.

Oh yeah, and performance fleeces are only $5 on Black Friday ;)
  • elitemastersamelitemastersam Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    They need to clear up once and for all whether or not it is the full retail version offered. Even if it is the retail version, what if they don't contain the export codes?

Worst comes to worst, I'll just end up getting the game after Christmas.
  • Sento KaibaSento Kaiba Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    http://www.gobblepalooza.com/?utm_source=YAHOO&utm_medium=CUSTOM&utm_content=Thanksgiving-HP&utm_campaign=HolidayHomepages

The "Rules" just say Lego Rock Band, no mention of demo. Although there will be a RB2 demo setup at the stores.
  • HerThreeWordsHerThreeWords Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Here's an update from a 'supposed' Old Navy store manager. Doesn't sound to promising. Source:http://forums.bfads.net/viewtopic.php?t=9008&start=45

Hey everybody. I am a store manager with Old Navy and just thought I would try and clear up some of the questions here as I know the ad can be somewhat confusing and unclear.

*Not ALL Old Navy stores will be open Thanksgiving day. Most INDOOR MALL stores and OUTLET stores are closed. Call your local store for their hours.

*Not ALL Old Navy stores open at 3:00 am on Black Friday. Some open at 3:00, some open at 4:00 am. Make sure to call your store beforehand.

*Lego Rockband game is FREE with purchase of $20 to first 50 people only. Wristbands will be given out to first 50 people in line, however you must spend $20 to receive the game. Games will vary with store for either the Wii, 360, PS2, or PS3. The assortments are random, and some stores could even receive 50 games all for the same operating system. YOU WILL ONLY GET A CHOICE IF THERE IS A CHOICE TO CHOOSE FROM. This is for Black Friday only.

*Thanksgiving Day only: FREE Rockband guitar with purchase of Rockband 2 game. This is a VERY LIMITED offer with most stores only having several guitars (actual number of guitars varies by store). Again, this is only on Thanksgiving day, and NOT ALL STORES will be open on Thanksgiving.

HOWEVER, the Gamestop ad is out and this is where I'm going now. With any rock band purchase, you get ACDC trackpack for free! This is a no brainer for me since I want LegoRB and ACDC.
    http://bfads.net/ACDC-Track-Pack-with-ANY-Rock-Band-Purchase-at-GameStop (The picture shows the regular price for ACDC track pack $59?!?)
    $50 for 58 new songs, can we say VALUE!
    edited November 2009
    Old Navy's site, http://www.gobblepalooza.com/, has the actual text of the offer, here:
    Lego Rock Band™ Gift with Purchase
    Prior to store opening on Friday, November 27 in the US (Saturday, November 28 in Canada excluding Quebec), customers will form a line outside the store, and a store associate(s) will pass out one wristband per person aged 16 or older, starting with the front of the line while supplies last. There are an extremely limited amount of available wristbands per store which will be distributed on a first come first served basis and Old Navy can not guarantee that all customers in line will receive a wristband. Wristbands correspond to console platforms (Xbox 360®, PlayStation® 3 systems, Wii™), so customers must choose their preferred console from the available wristbands. Old Navy cannot guarantee that your preferred console platform will be available. Subject to availability, wristbands are good for one Lego Rock Band™ video game in the platform listed on the wristband (Xbox 360®, PlayStation® 3 systems, Wii™) with a qualifying purchase of $20 or more, and must be surrendered after purchase. Limit one Lego Rock Band game per person, family or household. Qualifying purchases exclude Gift Cards and applicable taxes. Store hours may vary by location. Check your local store for details. No rainchecks.
  • goodbyetonightgoodbyetonight Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I'm thinking about going early for this...are there any new updates on the deal?
    edited November 2009
    goodbyetonight;3285340 said:
    I'm thinking about going early for this...are there any new updates on the deal?
    All of the details you should need are in my post right above yours. The only other piece of information you'll need is what time your local store is opening, but you'll have to call them to find out, since they're all doing it differently.
  • russellwilderussellwilde Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Just got home with the game. It's the full retail version, complete with export code. They also had a lot more copies than I expected.

The Old Navy where I'm at opened at 12am, it's part of a outlet mall that has midnight madness.
  • djboogymonsterdjboogymonster Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Got my copy, after sitting around freezing my buns off for five hours. Yes, its a bona fide full version. Of course, if you don't have it in your hot little hands by now you're probably too late. (yawn) goodnight
  • edited November 2009
    Waited 1+ hrs in line, was about the 40th person at the Hempstead TPK, Long Island, NY store. They only had 25 copies and decided to lay that on us about 1 min before they opened!

Didn't buy jack, false advertisement and very disappointing.
  • FlipnoteguyFlipnoteguy Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Arrived about 40 minutes before they opened and they were just giving out the last PS3 wristbands. No free LRB for me, although I did stop at Best Buy and bought a copy along with a $15 Excitebots.
  • blaze122blaze122 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    This morning i went to my local mall that had an oldnavy. i waited for 3 hours for the mall doors to open then ran to old navy. i was 3rd in line. my dad was in another store when the guy came over and asked what system i said 360. the guy then asked my age and i said 14 he said oh you have to get out of line because you have to be 16. i was like WTF isn't this a rated E10+ game!!!! my dad was ticked off and almost got arrested for screaming at the manager. oldnavy false advertised i didn't hear crap abut an age limit
  • FlipnoteguyFlipnoteguy Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    blaze122;3287698 said:
    This morning i went to my local mall that had an oldnavy. i waited for 3 hours for the mall doors to open then ran to old navy. i was 3rd in line. my dad was in another store when the guy came over and asked what system i said 360. the guy then asked my age and i said 14 he said oh you have to get out of line because you have to be 16. i was like WTF isn't this a rated E10+ game!!!! my dad was ticked off and almost got arrested for screaming at the manager. oldnavy false advertised i didn't hear crap abut an age limit
    The age limit was in the fine print in the ad.
    edited November 2009
    warriorscaptain83;3287592 said:
    False advertisement? Where? Did you not see the part of the ad that said "There are an extremely limited amount of available wristbands per store which will be distributed on a first come first served basis and Old Navy can not guarantee that all customers in line will receive a wristband."?
    blaze122;3287698 said:
    the guy then asked my age and i said 14 he said oh you have to get out of line because you have to be 16. i was like WTF isn't this a rated E10+ game!!!! my dad was ticked off and almost got arrested for screaming at the manager. oldnavy false advertised i didn't hear crap abut an age limit
    Again, there is no false advertisement here. The age limit was specifically stated in the ad.

The ad reads:

"Lego Rock Band™ Gift with Purchase
    Prior to store opening on Friday, November 27 in the US (Saturday, November 28 in Canada excluding Quebec), customers will form a line outside the store, and a store associate(s) will pass out one wristband per person aged 16 or older, starting with the front of the line while supplies last. There are an extremely limited amount of available wristbands per store which will be distributed on a first come first served basis and Old Navy can not guarantee that all customers in line will receive a wristband. Wristbands correspond to console platforms (Xbox 360®, PlayStation® 3 systems, Wii™), so customers must choose their preferred console from the available wristbands. Old Navy cannot guarantee that your preferred console platform will be available. Subject to availability, wristbands are good for one Lego Rock Band™ video game in the platform listed on the wristband (Xbox 360®, PlayStation® 3 systems, Wii™) with a qualifying purchase of $20 or more, and must be surrendered after purchase. Limit one Lego Rock Band game per person, family or household. Qualifying purchases exclude Gift Cards and applicable taxes. Store hours may vary by location. Check your local store for details. No rainchecks."
  • hshiauhshiau Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    waited 3 hrs at 34th street in NYC. they had about 100 copies and probably 500 people on line. don't think they ever told people they were out.
  • knick9mmknick9mm Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I waited an hr in line. They had at least 100 wristbands. I was surprised at how many they had. I got the game for ps3
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    warriorscaptain83;3287592 said:
    Waited 1+ hrs in line, was about the 40th person at the Hempstead TPK, Long Island, NY store. They only had 25 copies and decided to lay that on us about 1 min before they opened!

Welcome to Black Friday. I take it this is your first?

There was no false advertising, as with any advertised item they can only sell as many as they have. And most stores are not obligated to guarantee supplies for all parties. In fact, I'm pretty sure the add mentioned supplies were limited.

Also, most stores won't know how many of a specific promo item they have until they've gotten everything ready. Because that's when they come out and do the armbands/tokens/tickets or whatever item they hand out to ensure those first in line actually get first dibs at said item.
  • SubterfugeSubterfuge Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I waited from 15 after midnight until 3:00am with friends. We were 6th, 7th, and 8th in line. The weather was bearable, but near the end it got pretty damn cold. I couldn't have gone another hour. There were 26 copies of the game: 8 Xbox, 8 PS3, and 10 Wii.

All three of us got wristbands for our chosen system and were in and out with our purchase in about 15 minutes. All in all, my first Black Friday experience was very positive.
    edited November 2009
    davidshek;3287924 said:
    and a store associate(s) will pass out one wristband per person aged 16 or older
    Which make sense, since they wouldn't want parents cramming too many underaged kids in a cold line at 3 in the morning.

Or also to discourage a group of kids who are WAY too young from taking it upon themselves to wait outside a store with a bunch of strangers at 3 in the morning.
  • MARKerpencilcranMARKerpencilcran Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Waited at a store in CT for an hour, me and my friend were maybe the 60th person in line, and didnt get anything, not even a $10 fleece. I then went and tried my luck at Target for the $7 rock band unplugged... got my copy, then realized the checkout line snaked the whole store (3 times as long as bestbuys usually is) so i didnt get that either :(
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I got my copy. Was first in line and waited 4 hours in the freezing wind. I've been shut out of black friday deals before, I wasn't taking chances this year
  • OmegaVaderOmegaVader Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I waited 2 hours, 3rd in line. First one to get the xbox bracelet. wooo..... register line was worse though.

Still costs $10 to import, though? that's really lame... didn't have that trouble with the AC/DC pack...
    edited November 2009
    OmegaVader;3288265 said:
    Still costs $10 to import, though?
    Why wouldn't it?
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Let's just say my Black Friday Old Navy trip was an adventure to say the least....
  • torsoultorsoul Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Waited in line 2 hours in 32 degree weather. They had 15 total copies of LRB (5 360, 5 PS3, 5 Wii). Aside from the kids whose parents were trying to get them wristbands too, I was 16th in line (which stretched down the block). So I turned around and went home. F Old Navy.