PS3 PSN Export Code not working!

Comments

• vw_fetishvw_fetish Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    QB8Young;3243793 said:
    The music store is just the link you are clicking that gets you to the content stored on the PSN. The content is the same. Sony just hasn't put up there own "links" yet
    Yeah... and people need to WAIT until the PSN Store has been updated, which it hasn't. Hopefully when you actually see and are able to purchase the new DLC from the PSN STORE, we will be able to redeem our codes. Just be patient.
  • QB8YoungQB8Young Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Venger;3243815 said:
    I agree.
    Also, what about the poor souls who AREN'T members of the forum and have no clue as to how things work on the PSN?!

I'm sick and tired of people assuming that everyone and their mother should automatically know the in's and out's of everything and how it works.
    Website says '11/12' which it is today. Code went through and I got a code. There was no time specified as to when I could get the download. I only know about the PSN time release as I've been around here for ages and know how things work, but not everyone is as well informed.
    My thoughts exactly. Thank you for your input.
  • dragonflyrdragonflyr Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Venger;3243815 said:

Also, what about the poor souls who ARN'T members of the forum and
    yeah .. this i do agree with.
    it would be nice if stuff was "turned on" at 12:01 am. in a perfect world...

but ... for those of us who are somewhat informed, when we open a thread asking questions and then tell people to stfu ... what's up with that?
  • VengerVenger Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    dragonflyr;3243834 said:
    yeah .. this i do agree with.
    it would be nice if stuff was "turned on" at 12:01 am. in a perfect world...

but ... for those of us who are somewhat informed, when we open a thread asking questions and then tell people to stfu ... what's up with that?
    Welcome to the world of the internet where a huge number of self centered, egotystical, self opinionated, always right douchebags LOVE to hang out. Oh how they love to reply to a thread just to tell you to 'use the search button' or call you a 'Noob' or some other hysterical reply.

Unfortunately the ratio of people that'll help to people that just post utter nonsense is about 70-30.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    dragonflyr;3243744 said:
    at this point, i don't think anyonhas gotten it yet, so it apparently isn't ready yet.
    There are a few users who have gotten it working. However, this is exactly the same as what happened last week for the 360.

Once the site went live, a few 360 owners got their codes to work and downloaded the pack. This was how we started seeing info regarding the nature of the download and the appearance in RB2.

However, I can speak from experience that even that night there were still some hiccups with the process. I was not able to get my code to work until the following day. But without doing anything different than just entering the code, I was able to start the process and now everything works hunky doory.
    Venger;3243815 said:
    Also, what about the poor souls who ARN'T members of the forum and have no clue as to how things work on the PSN?!
    Since by your very definition those people would not be using these forums, they wouldn't be helped much by anything that gets said here anyway.
  • JdurgitJdurgit Banned
    edited November 2009
    This same problem happened with Pearl Jam's Backspacer. The codes were sent out but didn't go "Live" on Sony's systems until they refreshed their servers late at night that Thursday. Even then, I was forced to completely clear the cache in my router and my cable modem in order for the code refresh to work. I was hoping that HMX and Sony would have learned from that little issue back then, but it looks like they haven't. So you will just need to wait until tomorrow, and when you do try it tomorrow make sure you clear out your cache in your router/modem so that when it does refresh you'll access that refreshed server.
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited November 2009
    MAN, IF IT AINT ONE THANG AFTER ENOTHER ROUND HERE WITH THE PS3.

Now mine doesn't work? WTF? Come on already.
    edited November 2009
    T-Hybrid;3243854 said:
    There are a few users who have gotten it working. However, this is exactly the same as what happened last week for the 360.

Once the site went live, a few 360 owners got their codes to work and downloaded the pack. This was how we started seeing info regarding the nature of the download and the appearance in RB2.

However, I can speak from experience that even that night there were still some hiccups with the process. I was not able to get my code to work until the following day. But without doing anything different than just entering the code, I was able to start the process and now everything works hunky doory.

Since by your very definition those people would not be using these forums, they wouldn't be helped much by anything that gets said here anyway.
    That's my point. Many, many poor chaps will be wondering why their code isn't working and maybe fretting somewhat.
    They have NO info on what's happening. People who ARE using these forums are being helped by certain individuals.
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    How do you clear the cache in your modem/router?
    edited November 2009
    Venger;3243847 said:
    Unfortunately the ratio of people that'll help to people that just post utter nonsense is about 70-30.
    Where do you place this rant of yours in that ratio?

And I don't get what's wrong with recommending people use the search function. Especially a user who (in the case of the OP anyway) has been a user for what...a few years?

I could understand if somebody TRIED using the search function, but when you see a new thread about an issue and the very next thread below it is a thread of 10+ pages already discussing it, it's frustrating having to repeat yourself over and over again.

How do you think some of the more regular forum users know some of the stuff they do? It's because when they didn't, they searched for the answers...and now they know from experience.

But there's an old saying: "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day. Teach him to fish and you'll feed him for a lifetime."

The search function is the same way.
    edited November 2009
    Doom878;3243893 said:
    Would just unplugging/plugging it in take care of that? I know it solves that blinky light when it pops up. ;)
  • JdurgitJdurgit Banned
    edited November 2009
    T-Hybrid;3243918 said:
    Would just unplugging/plugging it in take care of that? I know it solves that blinky light when it pops up. ;)
    Correct. Just unplug it from the network and power connection, let it sit for a minute or so, then plug it back in. It will go through the re-boot process and then be back to normal.
    edited November 2009
    ^After I redo my network connection on the PS3
    edited November 2009
    T-Hybrid;3243905 said:
    Where do you place this rant of yours in that ratio?

And I don't get what's wrong with recommending people use the search function. Especially a user who (in the case of the OP anyway) has been a user for what...a few years?

I could understand if somebody TRIED using the search function, but when you see a new thread about an issue and the very next thread below it is a thread of 10+ pages already discussing it, it's frustrating having to repeat yourself over and over again.

How do you think some of the more regular forum users know some of the stuff they do? It's because when they didn't, they searched for the answers...and now they know from experience.

But there's an old saying: "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day. Teach him to fish and you'll feed him for a lifetime."

The search function is the same way.
    I get this ratio from the many, many websites I frequent. Youtube, Gamefaqs, rock band, GH, etc.. Far too much nonsense and not enough actual help. Obviously this is a made up figure and not one I came to as a result of some survey I comissioned.

Not everyone is internet savvy. Not everyone has time or the ability to learn how to use all the various functions.
    Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather take 2 minutes to answer a post, be it repeaded or not, than spend that same 2 minuted going off on one.
  • redlummadaredlummada Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Doom878;3243893 said:
    Are you talking about your routing table? Your DNS table? ARP table? Elaborate please.
    edited November 2009
    Doom878;3243936 said:
    ^After I redo my network connection on the PS3
    Would you? I've had to unplug/plugin my router numerous times...but my Wii, 360, and 2 PCs never had a problem reconnecting to it. (The 360 and one PC are hardlined right into it...the other two are wireless)

I'd think you'd only need to redo your settings if your router gets completely reset, which you can only do by pressing the hard reset button somewhere on it (which you typically need a pin for)
  • DiabloNeonXDiabloNeonX Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    QB8Young;3243704 said:
    Diablo... your avatar/pic is very disturbing... what in the world is that?
    It's a bunny covering his eyes.

MY EYES! THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!!
    edited November 2009
    redlummada;3243947 said:
    Are you talking about your routing table? Your DNS table? ARP table? Elaborate please.
    Not sure. Just going off what they told me.
    T-Hybrid;3243950 said:
    Would you? I've had to unplug/plugin my router numerous times...but my Wii, 360, and 2 PCs never had a problem reconnecting to it. (The 360 and one PC are hardlined right into it...the other two are wireless)

I'd think you'd only need to redo your settings if your router gets completely reset, which you can only do by pressing the hard reset button somewhere on it (which you typically need a pin for)
    I'm not 100% sure but I'm in my network settings everytime my router decides not to work since I had to reset it. I don't think a disconnect/reconnect counts as a reset so the same settings will probably work. I've only had wireless interent since 12/08 so I'm still green at it.
  • JdurgitJdurgit Banned
    edited November 2009
    T-Hybrid;3243950 said:

Sounds like T-Hybrid's had to clear out his router's cache many times before. :p :D
  • newmanatornewmanator Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I'm predicting 5pm Easten Time for the actual store to update.

On a side note, I find it funny that some Americans here are going crazy over a one-day wait and Europe usually has weeks to wait before getting things.
    Just a muse.
    edited November 2009
    PlayStation 3: It Only Does Everything...

except update in a timely fashion.
    edited November 2009
    newmanator;3244027 said:

On a side note, I find it funny that some Americans here are going crazy over a one-day wait and Europe usually has weeks to wait before getting things.
    Just a muse.
    Won't happen. It'll be at least 7pm eastern at the earliest before PSN will update.

PSN hasn't updated by 5pm eastern in months.
    edited November 2009
    newmanator;3244027 said:

Just a muse.
    Kids these days. Pshhh. I remember when I was a lad, having to wait 20 minutes for a game to load. Nowadays kids be moaning about having to wait 20 seconds!

I guess europeans and our Aussie cousins are just used to waiting and waiting and waiting for stuff.
  • newmanatornewmanator Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    DiabloNeonX;3244034 said:
    Won't happen. It'll be at least 7pm eastern at the earliest before PSN will update.

PSN hasn't updated by 5pm eastern in months.
    Really? I wouldn't know though, considering my every and only purchases are through the rock band store.
    Fingers crossed anyway.
  • kyledawna420kyledawna420 Banned
    edited November 2009
    i put my code in so many times it gives me a 80023156 error when i try now lol hope its not messed up.
    edited November 2009
    kyledawna420;3244087 said:
    i put my code in so many times it gives me a 80023156 error when i try now lol hope its not messed up.
    Got the same error myself.
    The store still hasn't been updated yet, so hopefuly it will soon and the error will go away and the code will be confirmed.
  • AerithLovesTifaAerithLovesTifa Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Just to let you guys know The Beatles Rock Band GS codes did this til the PSN was updated
    edited November 2009
    AerithLovesTifa;3244143 said:
    Just to let you guys know The Beatles Rock Band GS codes did this til the PSN was updated
    Hell, I could never get GameStop's website to give me a valid redemption code, so I said screw it.

And this was AFTER I contacted EA about receiving an invalid redemption code. They sent me a new one and that one didn't work either.
  • dejastardejastar Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    As of 4:17 central time it's still not working for me and the store has already updated :(
  • aggiesrul8aggiesrul8 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Don't forget....

The in-game music store always updates before the actual PSN marketplace or store or whatever it is called....