$9.99 For Exporting Songs.

SongbladeSongblade Rising Star
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
I bought L:RB today (for PS3) - it's kind of fun, I'll go through it to get the trophies... but...

I'm really disappointed that they tacked on ANOTHER $9.99 to export the songs off of the disc to our RB music libraries.

One can't download the songs without buying the game (you need the code) - so we've already paid to get the songs - I don't feel gouging us again is fair. $59.99 + $9.99 to get 45 new tracks into RB2 is quite a lot... still about $1.50 a track - but if I was going to buy 45 DLC tracks, there's a few L:RB tracks I'd definitely skip.

Comments

• pirates481pirates481 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    The cool kids, including myself, got it for $37.99 at Frys.
  • SongbladeSongblade Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Bah. I don't feel it's fair and I'm voicing that opinion. It should be clearly labeled on the package - I would've waited for it to come down in price had I known it would've been so expensive.

As for your bland commentary, I realize everything in life is a "do it or don't" situation. Thanks for the input.
  • edited November 2009
    When you voice your opinion on a public forum, you better be ready for the counter-point.

I am sure you will get some people to join in with thinking its a horrible horrible thing, so just stand by.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited November 2009
    Doc_SoCal;3245313 said:
    When you voice your opinion on a public forum, you better be ready for the counter point.

And cutting edge sarcasm. That's my job, no extra fee.

You're welcome.
  • edited November 2009
    Lawdog1521;3245325 said:
    And cutting edge sarcasm. That's my job, no extra fee.

You're welcome.
    LOL!

See, there are freebies no one even knew about!

BONUS!

ADDED VALUE!

Its a Win/Win/Win!
  • Lily_MuLily_Mu RB Wii Super Fan
    edited November 2009
    Those saying this game is 49,99$, I paid 67$ with tax.
    edited November 2009
    Lily_Mu;3245342 said:
    Those saying this game is 49,99$, I paid 67$ with tax.
    And you can't export right?
  • TheLovelyNoiseTheLovelyNoise Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    so you bought the game for 10$ cheaper than most brand new games and have to pay the 10$ you saved for the export so you can play the music in another game...what's the big deal?
  • edited November 2009
    pirates481;3245293 said:
    Indeed.

Yay Fry's and the first week of release sale!

Just made it in on the last day.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I'm having a blast playing through the game, watching the cutscenes, and unlocking the achievements. It's a full game for my $50. When I finish with it and am tired of the songs, I will wait a month or so, and then export them all for $10. 45 songs for $10 = a great deal in my book. If you didn't want the game, why did you buy the game?
  • Lily_MuLily_Mu RB Wii Super Fan
    edited November 2009
    Lawdog1521;3245345 said:
    And you can't export right?
    Nope, and I wish I could. I also wish I can use my current DLC.
  • hshizzlehshizzle Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    If you don't think it's fair, then don't export. No one's holding a gun to your head.
  • aggiesrul8aggiesrul8 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I might would be a little more empathetic with the OP if you didn't have 500 posts on this forum..... :)
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited November 2009
    wow, must be nice, I would pay 30 bucks right now to download the damn songs into my rb2.
  • GodKilla666GodKilla666 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I do agree $10 is a little pricey considering RB1 export was only $5 and it had more songs. But since the game was only $50 instead of $60 it sort of balances out. People who aren't exporting got a really good deal on the game. I spent the $10 & just decided to be happy I finally got my code to work. $60 for 45 songs isn't a bad deal considering we pay $2 per DLC song
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    Songblade;3245303 said:
    Bah. I don't feel it's fair and I'm voicing that opinion. It should be clearly labeled on the package...
    Or in a press release. Or before you actually buy it...

Oh wait.
    GodKilla666;3245640 said:
    I do agree $10 is a little pricey considering RB1 export was only $5 and it had more songs...
    It was also a year old at the time it exported.
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    The problem isn't that the export is too expensive. The problem is that this game is overpriced for us up here.
  • MattyTMattyT Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Songblade;3245303 said:
    Bah. I don't feel it's fair and I'm voicing that opinion. It should be clearly labeled on the package - I would've waited for it to come down in price had I known it would've been so expensive.

As for your bland commentary, I realize everything in life is a "do it or don't" situation. Thanks for the input.
    I hate when people don't read the official press release.

So, yeah, you should have known almost a month ago.
    edited November 2009
    T-Hybrid;3245896 said:

It was also a year old at the time it exported.
    time on the market really shouldn't affect it. the procedure is still the same - transferring data from a disc onto a hard drive.
  • wcarnationwcarnation Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I still think the code thing was kinda silly.

What's going to happen when all you can find is used copies?
    edited November 2009
    wcarnation;3245986 said:
    I still think the code thing was kinda silly.

What's going to happen when all you can find is used copies?
    You will have learnt you should have bought it last year.
  • OddbrotherOddbrother Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    If I was in your shoes, I'd say the same thing to Rock Band when Rock Band 2 came out.
  • skyttskyttskyttskytt Headliner
    edited November 2009
    GodKilla666;3245926 said:
    time on the market really shouldn't affect it. the procedure is still the same - transferring data from a disc onto a hard drive.
    Actually it's not. RB1 was an export off the disc. Lego is a download. Some of this money is probably going to Microsoft and Sony for the gigs of data transfer they're creating, since it is over a full gig per user.
  • MetfanantMetfanant Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    pirates481;3245293 said:
    Doc_SoCal;3245351 said:
    Indeed.

Yay Fry's and the first week of release sale!

Just made it in on the last day.

even COOLER kids used the $20 rebate that amazon.com gave them for pre-ordering Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2...and applied it to the $43 amazon was charging for L:RB at the time and got the game for $23! booyah! :cool:
  • Wolf8891Wolf8891 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I paid $6 for LEGO Rock Band at a swap meet Brand New sealed. and i was like sweet! So now i got the songs exported to RB2, and i just sold the game for $35 to gamestop.
    edited November 2009
    skyttskytt;3246063 said:
    Actually it's not. RB1 was an export off the disc. Lego is a download. Some of this money is probably going to Microsoft and Sony for the gigs of data transfer they're creating, since it is over a full gig per user.
    Not quite sure what you mean but in both instances you DL'ed the export key then exported to songs from the disc to your hard drive. Both instances needed the disc. The background may have been different but the process & end result are the same. If Lego was a true download then you could done it directly from the PS store.
  • skyttskyttskyttskytt Headliner
    edited November 2009
    GodKilla666;3246078 said:
    Not quite sure what you mean but in both instances you DL'ed the export key then exported to songs from the disc to your hard drive. Both instances needed the disc. The background may have been different but the process & end result are the same.
    No, in the instance of Lego, you accessed the "export" download from the in-game music store. You only needed the disc in that respect, the files didn't come from the disc. They came from the respective Microsoft/Sony servers.
    edited November 2009
    After a quick check I understand what you're saying. Yes indeed they are different
    edited November 2009
    If I recall correctly ACDC was exactly like LRB with respects to the exporting, and that one was free right? ACDC was like close to 800 MB's to download. Why would one be $5, the next be free, and the next be $10?
  • MonsterZeroMonsterZero Banned
    edited November 2009
    LOL!! another $9.99 is nothing I figure compaired to the thou$and + I've spent on RB PS2 & instruments, then convert to Xbox & instruments + $700.00 in DLC (and counting) licenced to 2 consoles (not to even mention the instruments my Neanderthal band mates have destroyed that I replaced) 3 drum sets,6 cymbols, 2 mics and 5 guitars, oh and yes 4 foot pedals.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Theres noway I would have spent this much if I didn't luv the game as much as I do! And I do!

So really another $9.99 to transfer to RB2 is just chicken scratch to me :)