LEGO Queen question.

Dino1626Dino1626 Rising Star
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
I'm sorry if this has been asked/answered before, but can anyone tell me if We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions is playable as one song?

Comments

• MooTrainMooTrain Rising Star
    edited November 2009
  • Dino1626Dino1626 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    MooTrain;3246862 said:
    It is not.
    That is a major bummer. :(
  • MrHartgraveMrHartgrave Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I was hoping the question would be, "why can't I make set lists using Queen DLC songs in Lego Rock Band?"...odd isn't it?
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    You can make a Queen setlist once you unlock the band.
  • JdurgitJdurgit Banned
    edited November 2009
    NoThru22;3247032 said:
    You can make a Queen setlist once you unlock the band.
    No you can't. The songs still remain grayed out. The only ones you can play are the ones that are on-disc. All other Queen songs are not selectable in story mode. (Not sure about free-play). Same can be said for David Bowie.

Not sure if this is an intentional thing done by TT/HMX, or if it's a bug that won't be fixed.
    edited November 2009
    You must be doing something wrong. People have played Under Pressure using the Queen avatars.
  • JdurgitJdurgit Banned
    edited November 2009
    NoThru22;3247277 said:
    You must be doing something wrong. People have played Under Pressure using the Queen avatars.
    I've only gotten 1800 plus stars in-game (only trophy I don't have is the 100% solo on Final Countdown). I've unlocked every venue, gotten full stars in every site, etc. etc. David Bowie Songs and Queen Songs are not selectable in tour mode. Occassionally, one will come up during a random setlist in tour mode, but you are never able to select them. Read through the posts here in the Lego Forum. There are PLENTY of threads dedicated to this bug.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited November 2009
    NoThru22;3247277 said:
    In Quickplay, I assume.

You can (as far as I've seen) never unlock them in Story mode make-a-setlists.
    edited November 2009
    No, apparently a few people were lying when this game first came out. You can do a search on the forum to figure out who they were.
  • BBULL89BBULL89 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    You can play the songs, but it has to be in quickplay as you can only play David Bowie and Queen songs as David Bowie or Queen. The only way to play these songs in Career mode is during random setlists, they sometime pick songs that are grayed out.
    edited November 2009
    I chose three Queen songs in quickplay, starting with Under Pressure, and I was the drummer I picked and the rest of the band were random minifigs. I didn't play through all three songs.
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited November 2009
    It is some kind of glitch or something. And the way they had the 2 queen songs listed looked as if you could play them as one song, like the beatles did, yet, it doesn't work that way. Too bad, that is the only way I know that song.
  • chico76chico76 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I think that Tt/HMX really dropped the ball on this one. It would have increased the cool factor of the game at least another 200% if it was playable as a single, long song...

The game is awesome, to be sure, but this is something that deflates you A LOT in that moment when you've got both Queen songs queued up...
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited November 2009
    I can understand not making them one track... they don't flow together, they were two tracks on the album, and when originally released as a single, you had to flip the record over between them. But the "glitch" or whatever that apparently prevents you from playing them as a two-song setlist in Free Play mode is pure idiocy. I don't know how or why that happened but it is terrible and broken.
  • ftmsanchezftmsanchez Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    master2uall;3249616 said:
    It is some kind of glitch or something. And the way they had the 2 queen songs listed looked as if you could play them as one song, like the beatles did, yet, it doesn't work that way. Too bad, that is the only way I know that song.
    As always, damn you Harmonix for not catering to the whiniest poster on this board.
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited November 2009
    ftmsanchez;3259723 said:
    As always, damn you Harmonix for not catering to the whiniest poster on this board.
    Excuse me, Butttttt, I'm not the only one who whines or complains about stuff here, I just am more vocal. Don't know what your problem is, but I didn't start this thread, I responded in it.

So back off aight? I have barely been posting in the rock band forums as of late, because I got better things to do than worry about a video game.

I don't know you, but I guess you are so obessed with rock band that you know who I am(maybe you should find another hobby?) Good day.