Exporting to RB2: Why not a new listing?

halostar724halostar724 Unsigned
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
Explanation: When sorting songs by location in RB2, your L:RB songs did not get a new listing for being a new game. Instead, all 45 are stuck into the master "downloaded" sorting, all to get lost in the mix of some people's massive list of songs.

Too hard to program? Laziness? Legal reasons?

Comments

• elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    All exports are this way except for RB1.

Who cares really?
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Possible trademark issues and not wanting to pay for the Lego trademark????

Who knows.
  • halostar724halostar724 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    20 songs i can understand, but 45? plus it is a full-fledged game, like RB1
  • KBelangerKBelanger Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    halostar724;3257747 said:
    Explanation: When sorting songs by location in RB2, your L:RB songs did not get a new listing for being a new game. Instead, all 45 are stuck into the master "downloaded" sorting, all to get lost in the mix of some people's massive list of songs.

Too hard to program? Laziness? Legal reasons?
    I was a bit disappointed too. Oh well. No big deal, really.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    halostar724;3257803 said:
    20 songs i can understand, but 45? plus it is a full-fledged game, like RB1
    Doesn't mean anything of HMX would have to pay to use the "LEGO" name in other titles.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited November 2009
    I think certain categories (like, say, Artist) are expendable, but some, like difficulty tiers, are not expandable. So it seems to me like "Location" is not expandable.
  • DekieonDekieon Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    There is only two ways that RB 1 or RB 2 would be able to see the lego songs as lego songs and not DLC.

1) The creators of Lego:Rock Band would have had to program additional code to detect rock band 1 and 2, and then add a patch to the hard drive for Rock band 1, and Rock band 2 so that these older games would be able to know the difference and display them correctly

2) HMX would have to release a patch for Rock Band 1 and Rock Band 2, again for the same reason, so that the older games can tell the difference.

Rock Band 1 and Rock Band 2, don't currently have any computer code programmed into them at the moment to let them know that these songs are from the Lego game, and not just standard DLC.

The reason Rock Band 2 can display Rock Band 1 songs as such, is because it had code programmed into it to know what songs are Rock Band 1.

When Rock Band 3 is released it will most likely have code in it to show the Lego Rock Bands songs as Lego and not DLC.

So there is the reason...It sucks I know.
  • grim88grim88 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Are any new Challanges made out of the lego songs, like they did with the RB1 songs, or are they just inserted into existing challanges?
  • MattyTMattyT Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    The LEGO "Export" was a DLC pack of all 45 songs, therefore they were "downloaded", and not ripped from the actual disc a la RB1. Because of this method, the game doesn't get it's own category when sorting by Location. As far as challenges go, I think "Breakout" gets added to the 'Foo Fighters Challenge'. Otherwise, no.
  • giromlgiroml Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    You must not have very much other DLC there chief, the lego stuff gets made into challenges just fine, all of it.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited November 2009
    It probably has to do with the fact that RB2 simply doesn't know about this existence of LRB. It would probably have to be patched to allow for this.

I don't know why this is really such a big deal. At least it's actually exportable.
  • taylorleetaylorlee Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I'm sure it could definitely be done.

I mean, if the songs in the Lego game already had the block, wouldn't it already be existing in the song's files to have that icon?

Regardless, it's not big of an issue.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited November 2009
    taylorlee;3261242 said:
    I'm sure it could definitely be done.

I mean, if the songs in the Lego game already had the block, wouldn't it already be existing in the song's files to have that icon?

Regardless, it's not big of an issue.
    Not necessarily. It could have been built into the interface.
  • thrillhouse987thrillhouse987 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I'm pretty sure they easily could have done it.

While they haven't said yet, I'm almost positive these songs will be regular DLC in 6 months time. Putting them in separate categories would just screw up their future plans.
  • MattyTMattyT Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    giroml;3261159 said:
    You must not have very much other DLC there chief, the lego stuff gets made into challenges just fine, all of it.
    My fault. I was going by memory. I know there aren't challenges such as, "LEGO Rock Band Out of this World songs Challenge". I haven't looked all that much, and I have plenty of DLC, chief :D
  • wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    thrillhouse987;3261950 said:

While they haven't said yet, I'm almost positive these songs will be regular DLC in 6 months time. Putting them in separate categories would just screw up their future plans.
    No,Not going to happen ... It would make buying the disk useless.
  • ClipheadCliphead Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    thrillhouse987;3261950 said:
    I'm pretty sure they easily could have done it.

Just like how the Rock Band 1 and 2 songs are DLC?