Abbey Road or Sgt. Pepper?

DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
edited November 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Which do you think was better, game-wise? This also excludes songs from the album already on disc, and is strictly about the songs bought.

I would say Sgt. Pepper. Many of the best songs were added on, while Abbey Road's best were on disc, albeit there was the epic medley. And the guitar charts on Sgt. Pepper I'm a huge fan of.

Comments

• ghostofjarjarghostofjarjar Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I'm already making my prediction to be Abbey Road. The Medley is absolutely an experience. Sgt. Pepper has too many non guitar/drums oriented tracks for my liking. It should be fun but not AS fun as Abbey.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    That's a tough one. Strictly gameplay speaking, I think Abbey Road, though I think Sgt Peppers is overall a slightly better album.
  • chumsicleschumsicles Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Sgt. Pepper's cause Wii users don't get to play the full uninterrupted medley
  • Anton_96Anton_96 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    To break the trend, Sgt. Peppers. So much awesome dreamscapes, a piano solo that made me replay the song about ten to fifteen times to nail the solo with the guitar in "piano style", a drum chart that was probably one of the best ever, even through the lack of any bass pedal, and so many fun songs on all instruments that all suprised me, I'm set. Althrough, I love the Abbey Road medley, which is completly epic, Sgt. Peppers wins this.
  • xXZeroOverrideXxxXZeroOverrideXx Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Hard decision, but I go with Sgt. Peppers.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I'm not thinking completely gameplay-wise, I'm thinking like, in the game. A combination of the songs themselves and the gameplay, or whatever you would like to take into consideration. I'm just saying, don't count the songs already on disc.

Personally, I think Sgt. Pepper wins mainly due to better songs, with fun guitar being an added bonus.
    edited November 2009
    Honestly, doing guitar/vocals for the Abbey Road medley and A Day in the Life are two of the best experiences I've ever had in a video game, but I'd probably put A Day in the Life just a bit above that.
  • ghostofjarjarghostofjarjar Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I think a lot of the Sgt. love is new release syndrome. Its the newest so therefore, better. I don't think so quite yet though.
  • Spidey987Spidey987 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Sgt. Pepper is a better DLC package. Abbey Road, with on-disc songs, is the better album to play from start to finish.
    edited November 2009
    I think that Sgt Peppers is a better experience on vocals (amazing harmonies), though Abbey Road is more fun on the instruments.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    This is a pretty close race...
  • xfearbeforexfearbefore Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I say Sgt. Pepper mostly because I love the songs and the dreamscapes!
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Abbey Road, as it is a better band experience. I'm always a little irked when I'm playing something other than guitar, especially when a perfectly usable track is in there somewhere. Both albums had that, but Sgt. Pepper does that a smidge more often, and much more noticeably.
  • elitemastersamelitemastersam Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    monkeyfish;3263803 said:
    Abbey Road, as it is a better band experience. I'm always a little irked when I'm playing something other than guitar, especially when a perfectly usable track is in there somewhere. Both albums had that, but Sgt. Pepper does that a smidge more often, and much more noticeably.
    I agree sir monkeyfish, and the next album, Rubber Soul, will provide an even better band experience.
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Oh my god!11!!!

How is Sgt. Pepper winning? With all due respect Sgt. Pepper is easily one of the least desirable Beatles albums. However the dreamscapes do look sweet.
  • RoboEnigmaRoboEnigma Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Sgt. Peppers.

It's not "new release syndrome" either, I've already played through the Sgt. Pepper tracks more than I ever did Abbey Road.

A couple of thoughts:

More songs, and more song time than Abbey Road.

More coherent, you never leave Abbey Road here.

A Day in the Life is a better ending than The End, (Especially when playing through the whole album in order, we didn't have that luxury when we first got The End) I'd have to say...makes you wonder why A Day in the Life wasn't in the game..

It just feels a lot more satisfying...

But I had also listened to Abbey Road a lot so I might have gotten sick of it, but I don't think so...

Playing through the medley entirely was the only way to go for me, and that was pretty time consuming versus playing one song from Pepper.
  • l-o-tl-o-t Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I vote "Wait until we all have Sgt. Peppers before you make a poll!".

OR! I could NOT make snaky comments and just wait til tomorrow to vote...
  • blkninja1961blkninja1961 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Anton_96;3262888 said:
    To break the trend, Sgt. Peppers. So much awesome dreamscapes, a piano solo that made me replay the song about ten to fifteen times to nail the solo with the guitar in "piano style", a drum chart that was probably one of the best ever, even through the lack of any bass pedal, and so many fun songs on all instruments that all suprised me, I'm set. Althrough, I love the Abbey Road medley, which is completly epic, Sgt. Peppers wins this.
    Here's a thought. Did you play the "piano" part with your strumming hand on the lower keys - without strumming obviously??? :D:D:eek:
  • LlamaactionLlamaaction Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    chumsicles;3262883 said:
    sgt. Pepper's cause wii users don't get to play the full uninterrupted medley
    qft
  • WeeJayWeeJay Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    In my perfectly honest opinion, the songs I'd actually want to play from Abbey Road were all already on the disc. Along with the medley not playable on the Wii, I'd give my vote to Sgt. Pepper. I've always had a thing for this album, and the DLC helped get me into the 2 songs I wasn't too keen on beforehand (Mr. Kite and A Day in the Life). The dreamscapes were really well done, and really has a lot more songs that interest me in particular.
  • LeoModestoLeoModesto Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Sgt. Pepper. You have no idea how I've been dying to play that reprise.
  • guscuestaguscuesta Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    very hard ..but i choose pepper..both are my two favorite albums...but i loved peper dreamscapes also i have a wii so i have got no medley..a day in the life was a complete piece of art.....after 42 years beatles music is evolving into new forms of listening and enjoying
  • BZLuckBZLuck Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    We are having a LOT more fun with Sgt Peppers DLC than Abbey Road DLC on our Wii.

Mostly because a decent amount of the Abbey Road Wii songs are parts of the broken up medley, which can't be played all at once. Too many of the AR songs are "two or three songs in one" which turns most players off when it is their turn to pick a song.

They may want to play Mean Mr. Mustard, but not The Sun King, so many tracks often get skipped over for something more immediately rewarding like A Day in the Life.

I'm not sorry we bought them all, (from both albums) and will continue to purchase all Beatles DLC, but the AR DLC only really offered us Wii users a few songs, and nearly ALL of the SPLHCB DLC are now in our "top pick" rotations.

I still think that after the planned release of Rubber Soul, that HMX et. al. should focus on the remaining "hits" that have yet to be released like:

Ob-La Di, Ob-La-Da,
    Help!,
    She Loves You!,
    If I Fell,
    All My Loving,
    Happiness is a Warm Gun,
    Yesterday,
    Let it Be,
    Hey Jude,
    Eleanor Rigby,
    All You Need is Love,
    (Supposedly to be released in Dec?)
    Penny Lane, (Read something about why we may never get this one?)
  • LedZep2147LedZep2147 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I would have to say that Abbey Road has more songs that I like, but Sgt Pepper's is starting to grow on me, especially Fixing a Hole.
  • ErniewanErniewan Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I like more of the songs on Sgt. Pepper's more (though Oh Darling and Polythene Pam are really good on drums). It wasn't really much of a choice for me. And I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy Rubber Soul even more.
  • idlephaseidlephase Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    BZLuck;3264758 said:
    They may want to play Mean Mr. Mustard, but not The Sun King, so many tracks often get skipped over for something more immediately rewarding like A Day in the Life.
    In all fairness, you cannot do what you are referring to on the PS3/360 either. The sub-medleys are listed as single tracks as well. It's just that we didn't get the option to buy them separately like for the Wii.
  • kenttzkenttz Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I will let you know soon as the Sgt Peppers comes out on PS3 today :).
  • mywhitenoisemywhitenoise Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I'm surprised Sgt. Peppers is pulling so far ahead. For me, it's the music first...and Sgt. Peppers is the weakest album from Revolver - Abbey Road (well Let it Be is weaker). Magical Mystery Tour which is a singles album, is so much better in my opinion.
    Sgt. Peppers DLC is all strings, and it doesn't seem like you're playing a guitar. Abbey Road does, because it's more stripped down and guitar based.
  • BZLuckBZLuck Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    idlephase;3264987 said:
    In all fairness, you cannot do what you are referring to on the PS3/360 either. The sub-medleys are listed as single tracks as well. It's just that we didn't get the option to buy them separately like for the Wii.
    Interesting... I did not know that.

As we all know the Wii did get a little bit of a shaft on this album, do to system limitations. When we downloaded AR, and after browsing and playing a few songs we tried to load up the medley, as a playlist and play it all at once.

Given a choice, I would prefer that grouping of songs to be "one song" instead of chopped into pieces.

Between the normal song gap lag, then add in the SD loading card lag, it wasn't very smooth, and sure didn't feel like we were playing the medley as it was intended, just disjointed song combos stopping at random intervals for up to a minute on some.

Not a complaint, but a comment on the OP question: We are having more fun with SP DLC in general.