100 % boycott of all rockband

jokerjdf420jokerjdf420 Unsigned
edited November 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
when i started i was in to gh i sold it all and bought rockband ive spent several hundred dollars on it due to all the track packs dlcs etc. but now that i was tricked into to the beatles believing it was like the rest and would join my playlist after i was informed at Gamestop in Broken Arrow OK it was able to merge with rb2 i am disapointed that it just like gh now you have to switch the discs to go from 1 song to the other. so i am know selling rb off like i did gh. i am disappointed that its random what games will and wont work together and no way to know beffore spending 69.99 a time to maybe get wat you think you r. so i am regretfully not able to gamble on each game month to month which one will.
sincerly
Ex die hard fan

Comments

• jokerjdf420jokerjdf420 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    please read
    jokerjdf420;3263117 said:
    when i started i was in to gh i sold it all and bought rockband ive spent several hundred dollars on it due to all the track packs dlcs etc. but now that i was tricked into to the beatles believing it was like the rest and would join my playlist after i was informed at Gamestop in Broken Arrow OK it was able to merge with rb2 i am disapointed that it just like gh now you have to switch the discs to go from 1 song to the other. so i am know selling rb off like i did gh. i am disappointed that its random what games will and wont work together and no way to know beffore spending 69.99 a time to maybe get wat you think you r. so i am regretfully not able to gamble on each game month to month which one will.
    sincerly
    Ex die hard fan
  • Mr JonnyearsMr Jonnyears Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    You're boycotting the whole series because you can't do some simple research before purchasing The Beatles:Rock Band?
  • TheLovelyNoiseTheLovelyNoise Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    sincerly
    Ex die hard fan
    a little research before purchasing a product is always a good idea...for future reference.
  • TransbrakTransbrak Headliner
    edited November 2009
    It was well known long before the game came out.

Your fault for not doing any research and trusting the idiots at gamestop.
  • ryanco64ryanco64 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Beatles was the only non-exportable game. lol.

I say you owned yourself after spending on DLC then selling off RB.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Yup, they said it was a stand alone platform game with it's OWN DLC and it was NOT going to be Exportable for RB. If the game disappoints, sell it and get something that might interest you more. Like buy RB back, ESPECIALLY if you have hundreds of dollars invested. Else those HUNDREDS of dollars on track packs and DLC is truly a waste of time and money NOT useable anywhere else.

But from reading your post, you're not a 'die hard fan'. Just somebody who has to have all or nothing.
  • edited November 2009
    Sounds to me like Gamestop tricked you, not Harmonix. They were clear from even before the release that it would be stand-alone, and that it would be an exception rather than the rule. They've kept that word so far with Lego.

Also, please don't bump your own thread a minute after you posted it.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    So just return the Beatles game. I dont understand why not having an export would make you stop playing a game you have spent so much money on. Nothing has changed at all in RB2.

Can you give me on logical reason not to play RB2 anymore? Or are you just going to continue to over-react?
  • elitemastersamelitemastersam Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    jokerjdf420;3263121 said:
    please read
    Was it really necessary to double post and quote yourself?
  • snwns26snwns26 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    If anything you should be boycotting Gamestop for giving you wrong info. Beatles is the only game that doesn't export, just play it and sell it.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    If you gave Beatles a chance, you'd realize it only works well as a standalone game anyway. Besides, like others have said, it's the only game that doesn't.
  • TransbrakTransbrak Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Ehfahq;3263149 said:
    So just return the Beatles game. I dont understand why not having an export would make you stop playing a game you have spent so much money on. Nothing has changed at all in RB2.

Can you give me on logical reason not to play RB2 anymore? Or are you just going to continue to over-react?
    Because this is a 100% Boycott....a lower percent would just sound silly...oh wait. :D
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Ah, so THIS is the price of HXM making so many of their products so convienent.

Bit sad that your so quick to anger on this as its old news but hey its your call, not sure your really "hardcore" though if you jump from one series to the next so readily :confused:
  • fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited November 2009
    [CENTER]I honestly think this was a big overeation. You dont need to sell all of rock band just because of one game, wich by the way, is the best game ever!

But, yeah, over reaction on your part.[/CENTER]
  • edited November 2009
    Sorry to hear about your confusion. I'll pass this info about your GameStop up the chain to see if we can contact them to make sure they're handing out the correct information.

For what it's worth, we've tried to be as clear as possible that TB:RB is intended to be a standalone experience, a "walled garden" as some of our Design team has called it. We're still completely invested in supporting the Rock Band platform, which is why every other RB release has been exportable / cross compatible and we've continued to support both RB and TB:RB with consistent DLC releases.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to help out.
  • citric_bulletscitric_bullets Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I nominate jokerjdf420 for best self ownage of 2009.
  • edited November 2009
    lol.

Selling all your Rockband stuff just because one stand-alone game that has the Rockband name attached to it can't export. Wow. That's sad.
  • SystemSCSnakeSystemSCSnake Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    This guy's childish, selfish, immature ways makes me wanna cry

Shame The Beatles Rock Band was such a great game

<3 You HMX
  • CyanFunkCyanFunk Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Get over it and just change discs, you troll. How do you think Wii players trudge along?
  • MonkeCloneMonkeClone Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Does no one else read this and think "Don't feed the troll?"

I just can't believe that this is a serious topic.
    edited November 2009
    MonkeClone;3263237 said:

We all gotta get our .02 worth :D
  • DrumStixDrumStix Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    sincerly
    Ex die hard fan

Learn.
    Some.
    Damn.
    English.

Second, you didn't take it upon yourself to look up TB:RB?

Sad, man, just sad.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    MonkeClone;3263237 said:
    That was the first thing that came to mind...does the guy have any other posts here?
    edited November 2009
    T-Hybrid;3263267 said:
    That was the first thing that came to mind...does the guy have any other posts here?
    Not in this thread, no.
  • DrumStixDrumStix Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    This dude is just sad. He basically owned himself. Someone sound the troll SIREN!
    T-Hybrid;3263267 said:

Probably not.
  • xXZeroOverrideXxxXZeroOverrideXx Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    citric_bullets;3263193 said:
    I nominate jokerjdf420 for best self ownage of 2009.
    I second that nomination.
  • jjdude1jjdude1 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    so because one game didnt export, you are going to sell all of your rock band stuff to buy GH, which has 'virtually' no importing at all.

fail.
  • RampantFrenzyRampantFrenzy Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    MonkeClone;3263237 said:

troll 1 - TB:RB forum 0
    edited November 2009
    RampantFrenzy;3263311 said:
    troll 1 - TB:RB forum 0
    Awesome. :D
  • DaytrippedDaytripped Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    You guys are basically giving high class meals to the troll.
This discussion has been closed.