Export RB2 to LRB?

ElvisChapelGuyElvisChapelGuy Opening Act
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
When will this happen? We could use the extra songs. I'm getting a little sick of Ghostbusters. ;-)

Comments

• EricTheUnicornEricTheUnicorn Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    ElvisChapelGuy;3263278 said:
    \ I'm getting a little sick of Ghostbusters. ;-)
    Blasphemy.
  • davedamondavedamon Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Probably never, seeing as you can do the reverse. Plus there is some dlc you can buy for L:RB
  • ElvisChapelGuyElvisChapelGuy Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I just figured that, since you can export GH5 to Band Hero, we should be able to do the same. Guess not. )-:
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    ElvisChapelGuy;3263387 said:
    I just figured that, since you can export GH5 to Band Hero, we should be able to do the same. Guess not. )-:
    So you figured that company A's decisions mean company B MUST do it?

Like how when everyone when HD, Nintendo...didn't.

Or when PSN was free, XBL...wasn't.
  • Thrasher9294Thrasher9294 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    ElvisChapelGuy;3263387 said:
    Wouldn't be worth it anyway.
    GNFfhqwhgads said:

Like how when everyone when HD, Nintendo...didn't.

Or when PSN was free,
    XBL...wasn't.
    Wouldn't be worth it anyway.

Might as well just export Lego tracks to Rock Band. It'd be easier. They'd have to re-license all of the tracks again, like they did with 1.
  • ElvisChapelGuyElvisChapelGuy Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I'm just going by what HMX said in the Beatles forum about The Beatles being the only exception the Rock Rand exportability policy. No biggie.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    It'll work like that when RB3 comes out. I'm sure some of the RB2 tracks will show up in LRB, because I has a feeling the filter may become more commonplace with future releases...
  • CONAN9845CONAN9845 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    ElvisChapelGuy;3263694 said:
    I'm just going by what HMX said in the Beatles forum about The Beatles being the only exception the Rock Rand exportability policy. No biggie.
    They said that The Beatles: Rock Band wouldn't export, and that it was the only exception (currently). Lego Rock Band DOES export.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    davedamon;3263328 said:
    Probably never, seeing as you can do the reverse. Plus there is some dlc you can buy for L:RB
    I wouldn't say never. LEGO is capable of reading RB1 exported songs. So if RB2 ever does export it's possible the same filters will apply to whatever subset of the 84 song set list becomes exportalbe.
    monkeyfish;3263710 said:
    because I has a feeling the filter may become more commonplace with future releases...
    I dunno, they've got LEGO for the family-filtering. Unless you think RB3 would work in reverse (the ability to turn OFF content filtering). The problem there being none of the songs contain the M-rated content, and allowing such a filter would mean the game has to be rated M.
  • QuesT_QuesT_ Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    You can export LRB to RB2 are you idiots or am I one step ahead of the game? The code on the manual needs to be emailed to HMX they in return send you a code to input into your respectable systems code entry and it costs 10 bucks but you can strip all the music into RB2 so figure it out and enjoy the playing. Find something else to cry about for later posts!
  • acidicthought8acidicthought8 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    QuesT_;3264991 said:
    You can export LRB to RB2 are you idiots or am I one step ahead of the game? The code on the manual needs to be emailed to HMX they in return send you a code to input into your respectable systems code entry and it costs 10 bucks but you can strip all the music into RB2 so figure it out and enjoy the playing. Find something else to cry about for later posts!
    I'm pretty sure we all knew about that, and the insults aren't necessary. This was a question about exporting RB2 into LEGO (which was already stated is not possible), not the already known way of exporting LEGO to RB2. But thanks anyway.
  • idlephaseidlephase Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    QuesT_;3264991 said:
    It's always funny when someone gets all pissy about someone being wrong when they are in fact wrong. The OP asked about exporting RB2 -> LRB not the other way around.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    QuesT_;3264991 said:
    Good job kicking yourself in the ass.