Exporting songs from Lego to Rock Band 2

CalendyrCalendyr Unsigned
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
Ok I know there are plenty of threads about this, I read a lot of them and did not find what I was looking for so here goes (sorry if it was already discussed)...

1. How does the export work? Is it like in AC/DC where you get a code to download the songs? Or do you copy them directly from the DVD and the code simply activate them? I own a PlayStation 3.

2. Since I don't care at all about Legos, all I want is new songs for Rock Band 2... can I simply download them somewhere? (Sony store maybe)?

3. Are the songs master tracks from actual artists? I don't care too much about cover bands.

Comments

• idlephaseidlephase Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    1. The game comes with an insert with a code similar to the AC/DC pack. You then redeem the code at rockband.com/lego-export. I believe then you get another code to redeem on PSN. Then, go into Lego Rock Band where a special export option will be available to purchase for $9.99. You can then download the 1.2GB song pack.

2. See 1

3. All masters.
  • CONAN9845CONAN9845 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    2. No, you need to buy a new copy of Lego Rock Band (or, more specifically, one with an unused code from the insert). They are not ripped from the disc, but downloaded from whichever network you're on.
  • CalendyrCalendyr Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Ok, thanks guys.

I really don't understand why they force us to use 1.2 Gb of bandwith when we have the data on the disk ;( At least we can import them in RB2, unlike the Beatles songs.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Calendyr;3264390 said:
    Ok, thanks guys.

I really don't understand why they force us to use 1.2 Gb of bandwith when we have the data on the disk ;( At least we can import them in RB2, unlike the Beatles songs.
    I prefer it this way. So when I give my sister LRB, I will have it in my download history incase my HD crashes.
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Calendyr;3264334 said:
    Since I don't care at all about Legos,
    Am I the only one disappointed that most people are thinking this way about the game?
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    SonicRocker15X;3265209 said:
    Am I the only one disappointed that most people are thinking this way about the game?
    I honestly dont think most people are looking at it this way. Just a lot of forumers are.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    SonicRocker15X;3265209 said:
    I'm not disappointed that "most" are, but I'm disappointed that "people" are doing it.

It's part of the reason I was hoping the export would come later on...
  • edited November 2009
    Anyone else keep getting Can't Retrieve Information from X-Box Live, Please Try Back Later, message when they try to export? I have been trying all morning & I keep getting that message.
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Rated_R_Superstar;3266002 said:
    Anyone else keep getting Can't Retrieve Information from X-Box Live, Please Try Back Later, message when they try to export? I have been trying all morning & I keep getting that message.
    That's because you haven't downloaded the key yet, or you have some sort of issue with the export key that has been happening to a lot of people.
  • edited November 2009
    SonicRocker15X;3266044 said:
    That's because you haven't downloaded the key yet, or you have some sort of issue with the export key that has been happening to a lot of people.
    I do have the export key. I even looked it up in my memory to make sure after I kept getting the message. Is there anything else I can do?
  • hoopsnuthoopsnut Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I'm having the same issue with ps3.
    downloaded the key, but then nothing happens.
    where is the export option supposedly located within LRB?
  • edited November 2009
    hoopsnut;3266164 said:
    I'm having the same issue with ps3.
    downloaded the key, but then nothing happens.
    where is the export option supposedly located within LRB?
    It is in the music store.
  • hoopsnuthoopsnut Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    thanks
    'search' is my friend