DLC L:RB / RB2 Question (has anybody wondered about this?)

BorderBrotherBorderBrother Unsigned
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
I posted this on the Rock Band section as well (since it pertains to both L:RB and RB2 games)

Hypothetical question:
[list=*]You own Rock Band2 (love it) [/list] [list=*]you buy Lego Rock Band (love the songs only)[/list] [list=*]you buy the export key and download Lego Rock Band songs into Rock Band 2 (love RB2 so much more)[/list][list=4] You sell, give away, get rid Etc. of the Lego Rock Band game [/list] [list=5] you see song(s) for Lego Rock Band weekly DLC and you want to buy them [/list] [list=6] If you buy the Lego Rock Band DLC (without owning the L:RB game any more) can you play it on the Rock Band 2 game that has the original Lego Rock Band songs already imported on Rock Band 2? [/list]
Is there anyway to do this?

Comments

• Awesome_TreeAwesome_Tree Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    No, because Lego Rock Band is a proper game, not a track pack. None of its songs will be released on the shop.

(At least I think that answers what you're asking >.>)
  • BorderBrotherBorderBrother Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    thank you for your answer..... let me explain why Im asking this question:
    I did everything I posted on this thread, then out of curiosity, yesterday, I went to the Playstation Store on my PS3, and I noticed under "NEW RELEASES", they had a song for Lego Rock Band (Walk Like an Egyptian:eek:) that was just released. so IF I ever wanted to buy a song that was released as DLC for the Lego Rock Band game, could I play it using my Rock Band 2 game?
  • Awesome_TreeAwesome_Tree Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Oh. Yeah. You can play it in any of the main Rock Band platform games. (RB1 or 2) The L:RB store just doesn't let you view unfamily friendly songs.
  • CONAN9845CONAN9845 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    DLC is for the Rock Band platform. They won't be releasing songs that can only be played in Lego Rock Band. All DLC will be playable in Rock Band 2. Not all DLC will be playable in Lego Rock Band.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited November 2009
    Walk like an Egyptian was actually released for RB2.

It just shows up in the Lego RB store because any of the DLC released for RB2 that is family friendly will show up in that store.

I don't think there is going to be any Lego only DLC released.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    There would be no point in releasing "LEGO only" songs since any song LEGO appropriate would naturally be okay for inclusion in RB2.

The reverse, however, is most definately not the case.
  • BorderBrotherBorderBrother Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Thanks a million you guys..... you guys are awesome.
    So Im assuming that the general consensus is that whenever LEGO Rock Band has DLC (as listed in the Playstation Store) , it will be available for RB2 simultaneously. cool, thanks.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited November 2009
    BorderBrother;3267968 said:
    So Im assuming that the general consensus is that whenever LEGO Rock Band has DLC (as listed in the Playstation Store) , it will be available for RB2 simultaneously. cool, thanks.
    I wouldn't call it "general consensus" so much as "fact."