"The Making of the Beatles: Rock Band" SPECIAL!

RMThompsonRMThompson Opening Act
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Just got this in the email from the PR company behind The Beatles: Rock Band:
MTV Games and Harmonix Unveil New Holiday Campaign for The Beatles™: Rock Band™

“The Making of The Beatles: Rock Band” Special to Premiere
November 27th on VH1 Classic at 7:30PM ET/PT

New York, NY – November 20, 2009 – Harmonix Music Systems Inc., the leading developer of music-based games, and MTV Games, a part of Viacom’s MTV Networks, today unveiled a new marketing campaign for The Beatles™: Rock Band™ targeted to families this holiday season and complementary to the award-winning launch campaign. The new TV commercial can be viewed at www.thebeatlesrockband.com/press and will begin on-air rotations on Saturday, November 21st.

Celebrating the massive development effort behind The Beatles: Rock Band, VH1 has created a special look at how the game was created, including never-before-seen footage of Sir Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr at Abbey Road Studios being presented with work in progress by the Harmonix creative team. “The Making of The Beatles: Rock Band” is a 30-minute special that features interviews from Giles Martin, co-producer of The Beatles innovative LOVE album project and Music Supervisor for The Beatles: Rock Band, and Alex Rigopulos, co-founder and CEO or Harmonix Music Systems, as well as additional interviews with the development team. The special reveals the origins of the game and a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the music video game that the New York Times called “the most important video game yet made.” “The Making of The Beatles: Rock Band” will premiere Friday, November 27th on VH1 Classic at 7:30 PM ET/PT.

"The Beatles: Rock Band is the perfect family gift this holiday, and our new TV creative, featuring the song ‘Day Tripper,’ really demonstrates how the game crosses generations to bring the whole family together,” said Paul DeGooyer, Senior Vice President of Electronic Games and Music for the MTV Networks Music Group. “We are also very excited that VH1 documented the making of The Beatles: Rock Band. Whether you are a Beatles fan, music game fan, or both, this VH1 special is a fascinating behind-the-scenes at look at this exciting project.”

The Beatles: Rock Band has been a hit with fans and critics alike, with USA Today calling the game "A superb, vibrant presentation," and the New York Times proclaiming that "The Beatles: Rock Band is sheer pleasure." Additionally, the game was recently awarded the honor of being one of the "Top Brands of the Year" by Ad Age.

The Beatles: Rock Band allows players to take an experiential journey through the storied career of the world's biggest band. Now you can play along with the Fab Four on guitar, drums, bass, and on vocals using 3-part vocal harmonies for the first time ever. Play through story mode to experience the many stages of the band's career, and collect rare and never-before-seen Beatles photos and videos.

Play along to 45 of The Beatles' biggest hits, including classics such as "I Want to Hold Your Hand," "Can't Buy Me Love," "Eight Days a Week," "Day Tripper," "Paperback Writer," "Get Back," "Come Together," "A Hard Day's Night," and much more.

Additionally, players can complete The Beatles albums via downloadable content. Abbey Road, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, and the single track "All You Need is Love" are all available for download now! The complete album of Rubber Soul will be available in December.

The Beatles: Rock Band is available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Wii™ console from Nintendo.

Comments

• elitemastersamelitemastersam Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Sounds cool. I'll have to remember to watch that.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited November 2009
    Ha! Was just coming over to post this myself.

Seems like a behind the game ala the old Behind the Music shows.
  • HMXDungHeaverHMXDungHeaver Harmonix Developer
    edited November 2009
    Everyone should check this out.

Also, fun fact: my desktop background is the Beatles collage made by RMThompson.
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Will this be online at all? I really want to see it but I don't have VH1 Classic.
  • kenttzkenttz Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I must not forget to watch this.
  • RampantFrenzyRampantFrenzy Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    what guitar is that close up of?
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited November 2009
    RampantFrenzy;3270347 said:
    what guitar is that close up of?
    ? The one in the commercial? If so its the telecaster
  • conc78conc78 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    anyone know if this is VH1 UK as well or just US?
  • conc78conc78 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    c'mon someone must know.

checked my sky listings but seems as if noddy holder's christmas is on all day?!!
  • Firestorm12Firestorm12 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Alright, I was going through the TV guide on my DVR to see if this would re-air on cable when I noticed a slot for it @ 1:30AM EST on Friday the 27th on Spike. True? A mistake in the programming?
  • conc78conc78 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Just discovered from the horses mouth that us peasants in the UK will not be getting a screening of this on VH1 Classic (UK).

Thus if anyone know's where it can be streamed/uploaded/watched on youtube I'd be grateful to know.

Cheers
  • honus14honus14 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    DVR set. Thanks, OP!
    edited November 2009
    It's a little short but still an excellent special nonetheless with great interviews, funny bugs and glitches, and footage of Paul and Ringo watching a few HMX guys (nervously) going over and playing the game.

Oh, there's also a pretty interesting part that deals with the motion capture and Dhani Harrison.
    edited November 2009
    I'm really mad I missed it. I don't have VH1 classic so I was going to watch it on Spike but I thought it was on tonight on Spike rather than last night. I hope it will be on the internet or something.
  • D-Smoov45D-Smoov45 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    That was amazing seeing Dhani doing the mo-cap for George. Good watch.
  • BZLuckBZLuck Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Thanks all for the heads up. DVR-ing it, along with "Hard Day's Night" and John Lennon in NY, immediately following on the same channel.
  • deadpool247deadpool247 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    That glitch involving Paul playing bass with a "broken" arm...that was hilarious.
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited November 2009
    deadpool247;3288841 said:
    That glitch involving Paul playing bass with a "broken" arm...that was hilarious.
    "Everyone was smiling... But everything else was broken!"

It's effects like that that really make me amused with seeing the bugs of a game. I was surprised they were showing them, considering they're glitches with character models of The Beatles.
  • catdogtncatdogtn Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    does anyone know why the special was not on tonight?? the top 100 hard rock tunes of all time was on instead!! cant figure out why it was not on,damn it!
  • SgtRubberRevolverSgtRubberRevolver Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    catdogtn;3288926 said:
    does anyone know why the special was not on tonight?? the top 100 hard rock tunes of all time was on instead!! cant figure out why it was not on,damn it!
    Do you live on the west coast? Then it aired three hours before at 4:30.
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Seeing those glitches was hilarious! Seeing the Beatles become stretch armstrong so they can reach the mics, ringo with his head coming out of his chest with drumsticks coming out of his eyes. Awesome!
  • CCDaDonCCDaDon Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Lennon with no eyes just looked plain creepy.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited November 2009
    catdogtn;3288926 said:
    It was on tonight at 7:30 PM EST on VH1 Classic. I watched it last night on Spike, was a really good look into the making of the game.
  • ghostofjarjarghostofjarjar Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    davidshek;3288990 said:
    It was on tonight at 7:30 PM EST on VH1 Classic. I watched it last night on Spike, was a really good look into the making of the game.
    Ugh didn't know this was on Spike too, coulda caught it in HD. It was nice I just wish it was more in depth and longer. I'd like to see a big long RB Franchise Documentary.
    edited November 2009
    Some should record this and put it on Youtube or something for those of us that don't have VH1 Classic. :)
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited November 2009
    Does anybody know where I can get find some of the original character concept artwork that was shown in the special?
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited November 2009
    MostSpartan14;3289049 said:
    Some should record this and put it on Youtube or something for those of us that don't have VH1 Classic. :)
    And get our YT accounts taken down for copyright infringement by Viacom? I'd rather not, thanks.
    edited November 2009
    davidshek;3289121 said:
    And get our YT accounts taken down for copyright infringement by Viacom? I'd rather not, thanks.
    You could always make a second account and put it on there:).

I'm just hoping HMX puts it up on the internet officially soon now that it has premiered on tv. Or at least show it on Spike again.
  • justin19954justin19954 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I missed it. :(
    edited November 2009
    MostSpartan14;3289049 said:
    I was thinking about doing that. I won't be able to do it until the end of the weekend though.