Count-Ins and Intro Silence

matrix_loaded02matrix_loaded02 Unsigned
edited November 2009 in The Rock Band Network
I just have a couple of questions:

What is recommended for a count-in if no drum track exists? It seems weird to use a cymbal if there aren't any in the actual song.

Also, how much silence at the beginning of a song is acceptable? After tracking a song and playing it in audition mode, I realized it had six measures of silence at the beginning. I'd like to think that it wouldn't be a big deal and I could save the trouble of deleting the silence and fixing the tempo. I mean, look at the silence at the beginning of Blackened.

Thanks.

Comments

• DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Count in with cowbell. Lots and lots of cowbell. ;)

You can use practically whatever sound you want for the count in, as long as it's somewhat percussive (i.e. don't count off with a "Ahhhhhh" or any other long sound that doesn't start strong and cut out quickly).

As for the silence, it may be up to you. As long as there's at least three seconds between the start of the song and anyone playing/singing their first note, you're fine. If you wanna keep those six measures, keep it. If you don't, then you can remove it and start right at the count in. If the song's fast and the count in is quicker than 3 seconds, leave in a measure or two of silence.

Word.
  • ArmsAreLoudArmsAreLoud Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    "Gluben Gleeben Gloppin Globin".

Do it.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited November 2009