ESL in LRB is amazing and the best ESL so far!

UpoverandoverUpoverandover Unsigned
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
The endless setlist in Lego rock band is awesome it was done right because it's 30 random songs and it also incorporated my dlc into it which made it nice to play since i didn't have to play all 45 main songs over again. :D This sloves the problem of playing hard songs like visions on expert in rb 2 and not being able to get a bladder of steel or plat icon. Well at least for me. It also is nice too because it uses all of that dlc which i brought. I mean since Rock Band has now over 700 to 800 songs it's nice to play those in the ESL in instead of the on disc songs which get tiring to play after going 8 to 10 hours through world tour.

I hope rb 3 is like this.

Anyone else enjoy this??

Comments

• jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited November 2009
    It was okay. I got too much of The Who because pretty much all of The Who pack gets through the filter. I think about 4 or 5 out of my songs were The Who. Which isn't terrible, but that's a high percentage. I wanted more different artists.

I have hundreds of DLC, so I have no idea why I got that much of The Who.
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited November 2009
    I really liked the random endless setlist, hope rb3 has something like that too, by the time you get to the esl, you have already played the songs 20 times each.

This esl was alot more fun. Hope the read this.
  • ShadowChaosControlShadowChaosControl Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    do you get anything for it outside the achivement(ie clothes, new icon, etc.)? i only have the DS version
  • skyttskyttskyttskytt Headliner
    edited November 2009
    I disagree. It needs to scale with difficulty. It was the most boring thing ever for me, I had 2 tier 6s in the first 10 songs, and the other 28 were tier 0-3s, with the final 10 being 0-1s.
  • EricTheUnicornEricTheUnicorn Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I just super-easyed vocals and took a nap.
    :]
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited November 2009
    EricTheUnicorn;3272013 said:
    I just super-easyed vocals and took a nap.
    :]
    Because who needs to play the game when you can be cheap! Playing games is for losers!
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited November 2009
    ShadowChaosControl;3271871 said:
    do you get anything for it outside the achivement(ie clothes, new icon, etc.)? i only have the DS version
    I don't know about DS version, but I don't remember getting anything for the console version once I beat it other than the achievement.
  • Lily_MuLily_Mu RB Wii Super Fan
    edited November 2009
    I'd rather get my platinum achievement in RB3 by doing all the on-disc. It proves without a doubt I can pass the next VISIONS :p

If DLC is incorporated, it's just an achievement you can easily get by lucking out. And on the upside, imagine doing it on drums and ending the setlist with WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT. Considering you can't pass it, you just wasted 6+ hours of your life.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    master2uall;3270923 said:
    I really liked the random endless setlist, hope rb3 has something like that too, by the time you get to the esl, you have already played the songs 20 times each.

This esl was alot more fun. Hope the read this.
    What's stopping you from making a setlist of thirty random songs?
  • ftmsanchezftmsanchez Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I hated it. It was half The Who/No Doubt songs. I want to play the songs I HAVEN'T had for months.
  • drag_racerdrag_racer Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Maybe in RB3 have a random endless setlist, where it will choose random songs from each tier. It would gradually increase in tiers until you get to the devil tier. That way it proves you can play all tiers on that difficulty.
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited November 2009
    I think there should be two: The endless random and the endless disc.
  • bradylicious9bradylicious9 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    monkeyfish;3272147 said:
    What's stopping you from making a setlist of thirty random songs?
    i'd assume the lack of achievement/icon...
  • ReaverReaver Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I haven't done it yet, but I did the 15-song setlist and 4 of them were Stevie Ray Vaughan. And since you can't fail these songs, I finished one of the songs with a pathetic 2 stars. So I'm kinda dreading the ESL in this one.
  • JPSChampagneJPSChampagne Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I just played it today. And to be honest.... it seemed anticlimactic. It wasn't the end-all be-all grueling march of death that the others were. It wasn't "I can now say I can beat every song in this game one after another in on sitting" - it was "I can play thirty random songs" which, while neat, isn't as impressive. I was alive and still had my voice by the end of it. While that was "better" it wasn't an endless setlist. It lacked that finale that it gave Rock Band and RB 2. It didn't even feel wrong not to roll the credits afterward.

While I had fun playing it, I hope the good old Endless Setlist is back as we've previously known it for Rock Band 3.
  • bootz0rsbootz0rs Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I was dissapointed and got most of the No Doubt album for it.
  • brett82brett82 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Id rather everyone do the same songs if secret achivements or icons are involved. Because everyone has to do the same struggle to get the reward. If dlc was involved you could luck out and get all tier 0 -4 songs and get a platinum icon.
  • Northern_BlitzNorthern_Blitz Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I like the sound of this. I will probabaly do the ESL on Lego (I haven't on the other two games).

I'd also like to see DLC used better in all of world tour in the future. There is no reason why any challenge we have accessable could not appear in one of the venues.

I think that this would make it better for those of us with DLC who prefer to play in World Tour all the time.
  • rocker820rocker820 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I really didn't like it too much. It doesn't prove skill unless you get some hard ones. You could luck out and only get tier 1-2. Also I liked how you got a progressive difficutly shift in RB2 and in Lego you could get the easiest followed by the hardest. I also don't like how the ending can be so anticlimactic. Had Harmonix made it so it was like 29 random and finish it off with We are the Champions, that would be epic. My final song was Blitskrieg Bop, yeah, kind of sucked.

In RB3 they should have the same kind of ESL as RB1 and RB2, but they can also have something like an Ultimate Random Setlist where it is 30 random songs.
  • GamerZX101GamerZX101 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    that's better than 83 songs without pausing... oh god that was the wost 6 and a half hours of my life.
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Lily_Mu;3272143 said:
    I'd rather get my platinum achievement in RB3 by doing all the on-disc. It proves without a doubt I can pass the next VISIONS
    If there's a song in RB3 called VISIONS Unlimited, VISIONS.(period), The Legend of VISIONS, or Fascination VISIONS I will be so upset with you for giving them the idea.

I like the idea of DLC being added to the ESL, and the setlist being random, but it could scale a bit in degree, don't you think? I don't see why not.

Assuming a 30-song ESL ...

First ten are songs that fall under the Simple Random group (or 0-2 tier, we'll say)
    Second ten are normal Random (which could be limited to 1-5 tier)
    Third (final) ten are Challenging Random (4-6 tier)

There's basic structure to it, demanding some sense of skill while eliminating any redundancy AND gives opportunity for those who may have only one or two songs in their catalogue that would be un-passible.
  • raahsnavjraahsnavj Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Personally, I still haven't done it yet - RB2's ESL soured me so much on the ESL concept that I'm still refusing to play this one...

But, with what I have heard from everyone here, I would like the ESL to be a custom setlist (then I can choose what songs I want to play) or hopefully auto picked from the list of songs I have marked as favorites (a feature that better be in the next one) that way the endless setlist turn into 30+ songs that I love to play.

to me the ESL should be about lots of fun, not one last forcing chore to play everything I'm probably sick of by then.

Instead of the ESL being that last confirming - you mastered it all - pat on the back maybe they should make a new achievement of 'gold star all the pack-in songs' or something like that and instead make the ESL a symbol of endurance and willingness to play RB for 6 hours straight because you enjoy it.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    I didn't like how some of DLC was incorporated in the setlist. Most of the DLC that transferred over to L:RB are the DLC I don't like or don't play.
  • Redon26Redon26 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Lily_Mu;3272143 said:
    I'd rather get my platinum achievement in RB3 by doing all the on-disc. It proves without a doubt I can pass the next VISIONS :p

If DLC is incorporated, it's just an achievement you can easily get by lucking out. And on the upside, imagine doing it on drums and ending the setlist with WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT. Considering you can't pass it, you just wasted 6+ hours of your life.
    How about the idea of not connecting the platinum symbol with the endless setlist at all? Because I can pass and even get 5 stars on every RB2 ondisc song, but when I attempted the endless setlist, I first had to suffer over 4 hours of beginner to medium songs to find out I had been using the wrong calibration from when I took my xbox to my friends house, so I just wasted 4+ hours of my life.

I think the platinum symbol should be given to you once you have a score on every ondisc expert song. They can still add some other award for completing the endless setlist, but this kinda makes it look as if skill is if you are willing to sacrifice an afternoon to prove what you already know :P I mean who would seriously attempt to play the endless setlist if he expected to fail at the hardest songs?

EDIT: I kinda didn't notice this is about lego rock band, I was talking about the songs in RB2, but I guess you still get my point.