83 and counting...

ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
edited December 2009 in The Rock Band Network
I was just cleaning out my Rock Band network folder on my computer and discovered that there are currently 83 tracks in various states of peer review, playtesting, etc.

Wow.

I knew there's been quite a few, but I didn't think we were almost at 100 already.

At this pace there's going to be thousands of tracks available in a very short period.

Makes me wonder what amount is going to be there when Rock Band Network goes live.

While my wallet gently weeeee-eeeeeps. :eek::D

Comments

• k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    maybe you should make a thread keeping track of what songs/bands are in peer review/passed peer review.
  • thirdmortalthirdmortal Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    k-mac;3270825 said:
    maybe you should make a thread keeping track of what songs/bands are in peer review/passed peer review.
    Yeah, this would be great for those of us not in the beta :(
  • vulcanjedi42vulcanjedi42 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    k-mac;3270825 said:
    Seconded. Well, thirded. Whatever. Inquiring minds want to know!
  • ImaCarrotImaCarrot Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    While there is technically nothing wrong with doing that, some of the groups feel that someone other than themselves announcing a song is sort of a dick move. This is actually one of the reasons that we are going to make sure to announce our tracks before putting them into playtest.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited November 2009
    ImaCarrot;3270991 said:
    While there is technically nothing wrong with doing that, some of the groups feel that someone other than themselves announcing a song is sort of a dick move. This is actually one of the reasons that we are going to make sure to announce our tracks before putting them into playtest.

Yeah make sure you do that if you're not comfortable with others talking about songs that you haven't personally announced, as HMX has stated that once a song is in the network it can be discussed openly.

I'll make a thread but it might take a while to get all the information going...
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    what's the number up to now? also, is there any way to start an updated list of the songs/artists in beta testing? I'm guessing someone will when the beta opens, which is aparently very soon.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited December 2009
    k-mac;3323738 said:
    what's the number up to now? also, is there any way to start an updated list of the songs/artists in beta testing? I'm guessing someone will when the beta opens, which is aparently very soon.
    The songs are listed on the site itself, which everyone should have access to once open beta starts.

There are about 53 songs in Playtest/Peer Review at the moment. In addition, these songs have been approved for sale on the Marketplace:

Alias Unknown "Top Back"
    Amberian Dawn "River of Tuoni"
    Cetan Clawson and the Soul Side "White Heat"
    DnA's Evolution "The Heist"
    Eric Harm "Stegosaurus Song"
    Fake Shark-Real Zombie! "Angel Lust"
    Full-Source "End Quote"
    Full-Source "It's Not You, It's Everyone"
    Giant Target "In Memories"
    Speck "Grumpytown"
    Speck "VP of Booty Reports"
    Steve and Lindley Band "Backyard Buildyard"
    The Cold Goodnight "Give"
  • Lily_MuLily_Mu RB Wii Super Fan
    edited December 2009
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited December 2009
    Lily_Mu;3326376 said:
    This is out?
    ...?

It's in Closed Beta, just like it has been for the past several months.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited December 2009
    Alternative
    The Cold Goodnight - Give - Alternative
    Fake Shark-Real Zombie! - Angel Lust - Alternative

Blues
    Cetan Clawson and the Soul Side - White Heat - Electric

Emo
    Speck - Grumpytown - Alternative

Indie Rock
    Steve and Lindley Band - Backyard Buildyard - Indie Rock

Metal
    Amberian Dawn - River of Tuoni - Power

New Wave
    Full-Source - End Quote - Synth
    Full-Source - It's Not You, It's Everyone - Alternative

Pop-Rock
    Eric Harm - Stegosaurus Song - Pop

Punk
    Giant Target - In Memories - Other

Rock
    DnA's Evolution - The Heist - Rock

Urban
    Alias Unkown - Top Back - Hip Hop

None
    Speck - VP of Booty Reports
    Genre'd and subgenre'd for your own personal preferences
  • XenigmaXenigma Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    HeyRiles;3326726 said:
    Genre'd and subgenre'd for your own personal preferences
    That's totally awesome. Sort of surprised Speck didn't end up in some sort of generic "Other" category, though, or is that what "None" implies?

Also, if the number is down from 83 to 53, that means a number of songs failed out of the process. Says a lot about the high standards RBN peer-review has!
    edited December 2009
    I've got over 100 songs that have been in the review process in my RBN folder now.

There's about 69 going through review proces now.

Now the missing ones could be getting retooled before they are resubmitted, or the author of the tracks just got fed up with the track not passing, or any other of a number of things.

So while the number in review is down now, doesn't mean that the missing songs are gone for good.
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I'm actually kind of curious how many of those songs are NOT going to have full 4-man band charts. Which are missing an instrument or two?
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited December 2009
    None of those I listed are missing any instruments; not even the hip-hop track. :)

There have been less than a handful of songs in the RBN thus far that don't have all 4 instruments.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited December 2009
    Xenigma;3326899 said:
    That's totally awesome. Sort of surprised Speck didn't end up in some sort of generic "Other" category, though, or is that what "None" implies?
    It means there's nothing listed in its genre-subgenre category. I don't know what happened there
    edited December 2009
    trg007;3328286 said:
    None of those I listed are missing any instruments; not even the hip-hop track. :)

There have been less than a handful of songs in the RBN thus far that don't have all 4 instruments.

I remember a couple that don't have vocals, and there was one(can't remember which one), that had one bass note at the very beginning, and then nothing else for the entire song.
  • S1ckH4ndsS1ckH4nds YouTube Guru
    edited December 2009
    HeyRiles, another song has just passed peer review and will be ready for sale on the Marketplace when it goes live:

Prog
    Glass Hammer - Sleep On - Prog Rock
  • Chuck_FiascoChuck_Fiasco Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    davidshek;3326623 said:
    ...?

It's in Closed Beta, just like it has been for the past several months.
    Hes on the Wii dude. Cut him a little slack. ;)