Drum Solos

grim88grim88 Opening Act
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
I've unlocked most songs, but haven't come across many drum solos. Are there only two songs in the game with them?

Comments

• mjlambert1mjlambert1 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Drum solos are rare. I think Cool for Cats was the only one in RB2 to have a drum solo.
  • XeromatrixXeromatrix Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    mjlambert1;3273850 said:
    Drum solos are rare. I think Cool for Cats was the only one in RB2 to have a drum solo.

well that's not true.
    Spoonman, We Got The Beat, and Painkiller are three that I can think of off the top of my head.

And yes, there are only 2 drum solos. Real Wild Child and Ghostbusters
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    NoThru22;2439258 said:
    The purpose of this thread is to keep track of drum solos across the Rock Band platform.

Rock Band downloadable content:
    The James Gang - Funk #49
    The Killers - Spaceman
    Deep Purple - Space Truckin'
    Steve Miller Band - Take the Money and Run
    Steve Miller Band - Space Cowboy (two solos)
    The Fratellis - Flathead
    Jimmy Eat World - Lucky Denver Mint
    The Grateful Dead - Uncle John's Band
    Jane's Addiction - Ted Just Admit It
    Prong - The Banishment
    No Doubt - Runnin'
    Ben Harper and Relentless7 - Shimmer & Shine
    Iron Maiden - Powerslave
    Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden (Live)
    The Dead Weather - Hang You from the Heavens (two solos)
    Kiss - 100,000 Years (Live)
    Kiss - Parasite (Live)
    Spinal Tap - America (two solos)
    Spinal Tap - Big Bottom
    The Jackson 5 - ABC
    Queen - One Vision
    Queen - Under Pressure
    Foo Fighters - Word Forward

Lego Rock Band
    Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters
    Everlife - Real Wild Child (two solos)

The Beatles: Rock Band
    The Beatles - The End (standalone and part of the Abbey Road Medley)

Rock Band Network songs being authored with drum solos (Subject to change):
    Terrorhorse - Packet Flier
    DNA's Evolution - The Heist
    Full-Source - Up Stem (Down Stem)
    Bright Midnight - For The Strange

Rock Band 2 disc:
    Squeeze - Cool for Cats
    The Go-Gos - We Got The Beat
    Beck - E-Pro
    Rush - The Trees (Vault Edition)
    Soundgarden - Spoonman
    Judas Priest - Painkiller (two solos)

Rock Band 1 songs that identify drum solos in practice mode:
    Rush - Tom Sawyer (Cover version)
    Rush - Tom Sawyer (Original version)
    The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again
    Bang Camaro - Rock Rebellion

Please let me know if I have any missing and I will update the thread.

My first drum solo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiupAlxcbyo
    http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141162&highlight=drum+solo

39 in the RB platform..........id say thats pretty rare when there are almost 1000 songs.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I don't know if you should count the Rock Band 1 songs in your total because they don't turn blue during gameplay or the Rock Band Network songs until they are released, so that leaves 32.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    NoThru22;3276024 said:
    I don't know if you should count the Rock Band 1 songs in your total because they don't turn blue during gameplay or the Rock Band Network songs until they are released, so that leaves 32.
    Well maybe you should go to that thread and tell the person that wrote that list.
    edited November 2009
    Hur hur, I meant in your numbering, not on my list. Right now there are only 32 songs out of 972 playable songs that have in-game drum solos.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    :rolleyes:

Once again, WHY ARE YOU TELLING ME THIS? Its not my list. I didnt start that thread. I just passed the info on.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited November 2009
    Ehfahq;3276125 said:

Once again, WHY ARE YOU TELLING ME THIS? Its not my list. I didnt start that thread. I just passed the info on.
    His thread doesn't have the number "39" in it, that's something you came up with.

You could argue that maybe he should leave them out of his thread, or at least put them under a more distinct heading, but I mean, you posted the number 39 in this thread, I'd say it's reasonable for him to also post the number 32 here for the same reason, to further the conversation.

I think it's too bad that RB2 didn't pick up on the RB1 songs with sections labeled "Drum Solo" and make them into actual drum solos.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    LuigiHann;3276148 said:
    His thread doesn't have the number "39" in it, that's something you came up with.

You could argue that maybe he should leave them out of his thread, or at least put them under a more distinct heading, but I mean, you posted the number 39 in this thread, I'd say it's reasonable for him to also post the number 32 here for the same reason, to further the conversation.

I think it's too bad that RB2 didn't pick up on the RB1 songs with sections labeled "Drum Solo" and make them into actual drum solos.

Maybe you should go tell the person who wrote that list. I didnt come up with ANYTHING. I simply counted how many songs were in the list.

whos gonna push the useless merry-go-round again???
    edited November 2009
    Perhaps there's been a simple misunderstanding here. That list is from my drum solo thread. When you said to tell the person who wrote that list, I thought you meant me with a wry smile, but perhaps you didn't realize that you were talking to that list's author. My "hur hur" was also with a wry smile.

I have chosen to list the Rock Band 1 and RBN songs to supplement the drum solo list, but they shouldn't count as playable solos right now.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    NoThru22;3276219 said:
    Perhaps there's been a simple misunderstanding here. That list is from my drum solo thread. When you said to tell the person who wrote that list, I thought you meant me with a wry smile, but perhaps you didn't realize that you were talking to that list's author. My "hur hur" was also with a wry smile.

I have chosen to list the Rock Band 1 and RBN songs to supplement the drum solo list, but they shouldn't count as playable solos right now.
    My bad. I didnt realise you wrote the list.
  • djchuckydjchucky Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Painkiller had 2 drum solos in it aswell
    edited November 2009
    djchucky;3286810 said:
    Painkiller had 2 drum solos in it aswell
    My list on the original thread and in the quote in this thread list Painkiller with two solos.