Will songs made for RBN be practice-able?

RoflcopterrrRoflcopterrr Opening Act
edited December 2009 in The Rock Band Network
Seeing as how we can't put section names into songs... will practicing songs be nonexistent or will we be forced to practice songs like vocal practicing?..aka play the entire song.

Comments

• davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited November 2009
    Roflcopterrr;3275303 said:
    Seeing as how we can't put section names into songs... will practicing songs be nonexistent or will we be forced to practice songs like vocal practicing?..aka play the entire song.
    No, you will be able to play them in Practice Mode in pieces. You just can't define what those pieces are, they are assigned automagically.
  • NSIYusukeNSIYusuke Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    davidshek;3275370 said:
    No, you will be able to play them in Practice Mode in pieces. You just can't define what those pieces are, they are assigned automagically.

WHAT!? D: I didn't know we couldn't name the pieces! I was using REAPER markers to define where everything was, and I thought that was what the section names were going to be. =( Looks like I can't have my silly section names carry over.
    edited November 2009
    NSIYusuke;3279586 said:
    WHAT!? D: I didn't know we couldn't name the pieces! I was using REAPER markers to define where everything was, and I thought that was what the section names were going to be. =( Looks like I can't have my silly section names carry over.
    Heh nope, can't rename the Practice sections or even designate where they stop/start.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited November 2009
    Magma will just overwrite any custom sections you create. And "silly section names" is the reason why we can't customize them; HMX doesn't want people getting carried away. :)
  • xxRaenxxRaen Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I'm hoping that the auto-names are just things like Part 1, part 2, ect because I know of plenty of bands that don't follow the traditional song structure of verse, chorus, verse, ect. and if they auto name things those, well. . . that will be lame.
    edited November 2009
    xxRaen;3280157 said:
    I'm hoping that the auto-names are just things like Part 1, part 2, ect
    That's what it is. Generic part names.
  • xxRaenxxRaen Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    davidshek;3280209 said:
    That's what it is. Generic part names.
    Ok, cool. I kinda figured that's what it was, but it's nice to have it confirmed.
  • NSIYusukeNSIYusuke Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Alternatively, HMX could've allowed us to use section names from a pool of them, like GHTunes does; Verse, Chorus, Fill, Break, Solo, etc.
  • edited December 2009
    We thought about this. Again, we didn't have time to implement Practice sections into Audition Mode so no one would be able to playtest this. We're definitely still considering User generated practice sections in the future.