Option to focus on specific instruments for the entire song in Audition mode?

RoflcopterrrRoflcopterrr Opening Act
edited November 2009 in The Rock Band Network
I really HATE how I can't see the drummer for the entire length of a song in audition mode when checking if my animations are OK or not.. I really don't feel like authoring an entire VENUE track just to see the drummer, because without a venue track, I see the drummer sometimes but I can't see the drummer when I need to the most - at difficult parts. Will you guys at Harmonix be implementing this soon?

Comments

• wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Hit the 'Export' button in Magma,This will spit you out a midi with the venue track auto-generated ... You can then load this up in Reaper and edit in a focus note for the drummer.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited November 2009
    Roflcopterrr;3275308 said:
    I really don't feel like authoring an entire VENUE track just to see the drummer
    Dude, it takes like 2 minutes to do that. Just add one long "Focus On Drummer" note for the length of the song, then camera cuts every few measures. Of course, if you've already started working on a custom venue track you'll want to copy that elsewhere, first.

I know it's not as good as having an in-game option, but it's not that bad. :)
  • wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Exactly and plus,Authoring the venue track is one of the funnest parts of authoring a song in my opinion.
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    trg007;3275839 said:
    Dude, it takes like 2 minutes to do that. Just add one long "Focus On Drummer" note for the length of the song, then camera cuts every few measures. Of course, if you've already started working on a custom venue track you'll want to copy that elsewhere, first.

I know it's not as good as having an in-game option, but it's not that bad. :)
    Agreed. Heck, make one for each part like I do, just to make sure the vocalist doesn't mouth things oddly or guitar hands are too high or low for what to reasonable expect them to look like.

All you have to do is make new tracks with copies of the VENUE midi, edit each one for what you want to check, and mute them all expect for the one you want to use. Muting a MIDI track prevents it from being exported, that way you can have several variations of any MIDI track and be able to cycle through them, depending on what you want to look for.