DLC track on the in game listing but grayed out

JoshuaTronJoshuaTron Unsigned
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
So David Bowie's 'Suffragette City' is IN the track list, but it is grayed out and unselectable... and I'm confused.

Is it a problem on my end with my HD files, or is it blocked until LEGO Bowie can sing it himself?

Comments

• lazy_swayzeelazy_swayzee Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    is this happening in story mode?
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited November 2009
    Rumors suggest(but I can't confirm this), that you have to complete the game 100% to unlock the david bowie (and Queen), mini figs from the game to get the grayed out songs to unlock.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited November 2009
    You can play them in Quick Play (but not if you try to make a set list).

You can't play them in set lists, which prevents you from ever choosing them in Story Mode.

Nobody knows why, but they don't appear to be "unlockable."
  • ElvisChapelGuyElvisChapelGuy Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    They are not unlockable in Story Mode at all. I have finished all venues and still cannot add them to any lists in Story Mode. Very odd. I wish we had an official explanation for this.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    LuigiHann;3275993 said:
    You can play them in Quick Play (but not if you try to make a set list).
    I chose Under Pressure and We Are The Champions in a freeplay setlist and the rest of my Queen tracks grayed out. Apparently you can choose one of them as your first song. Under Pressure started with my regular minifigs. I didn't play through.
  • MrHartgraveMrHartgrave Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I have completed EVERY gig in the game, this includes beating all of the Queen and Bowie challenges and the songs are still blocked and the QUEEN,ect. minifigures were not unlocked to be bought in the store.

If you play the Queen/Bowie DLC in FreePlay mode you will be playing as Queen or Bowie. I figure this must be the bit of programming that went all screwey in the Story Mode. I now FIRMLY believe that not being able to select the Queen.ect. DLC in custom setlist is a BUG. Hopefully there will be a patch for this...
  • raahsnavjraahsnavj Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Harmonix? Any customer support in these forums? What is the answer? I bought some queen last night hoping to use them in the make a setlist section... would have been nice to know I can't actually use the songs in the game I bought them for - like a nice warning when I buy it - "Note: this song only playable in modes you don't care for."
  • MrHartgraveMrHartgrave Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    raahsnavj;3279788 said:
    "Note: this song only playable in modes you don't care for."
    Lol, it would be funny if they added this to the music store instead of fixing the bug...:P
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    The grayed out songs can and will still show up in Surprise Setlists.
  • JoshuaTronJoshuaTron Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    huh... wackier and wackier...