Game code not found/out of export tokens

Least100SeraphsLeast100Seraphs Unsigned
edited June 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
So I picked up LRB, headed to the export page and input my code. Running on vanilla IE with no blockers of any sort getting in the way.

Tried inputting the code a bunch of times, and apparently my code isn't found. A couple of times, however, the site was out of export tokens instead, and on one occasion my code was already redeemed... wtf.

I check the sticky on the forum to see who I need to contact, and once again Harmonix/EA show just how much they care about their Australian RockBand fans - no contact information for Australia.

I guess this is the ultimate in preventing people from stealing export keys - I've paid $89.95AU (for the US residents out there, at the current exchange rate that's about 80 US dollars) and the code I've got won't work.

What am I supposed to do now? I feel ripped off, because I've paid far more than I would've in the USA, had to wait an extra three weeks for the game, and it's broken. [A code that doesn't work would fall under one or more of the statutory refund clauses (item not as described, item broken when purchased, or not fit for purpose)], but as wonderful irony would have it, because the game has a unique ID code, I'm going to have a nightmare of a time if I do try to return the item.

I suppose this is how it feels for the PC gamers that try to do the right thing and buy games - jump through all sorts of copy-protection hoops, hitting frustrating errors along the way, while the people downloading a torrent have a cracked version that just works.

Apologies for the angry/ranty tone, but I'm feeling a bit annoyed.

Comments

• Least100SeraphsLeast100Seraphs Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    That's ridiculous.

I don't even have a phone number I can contact to chase this up - all I have is the US, and EU email addresses. I've emailed both, and had no response from either so far.

My two housemates were going to pick this up as well. Now they said they'll wait and see how I go before they buy it.
  • TMac93TMac93 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Sorry to go off topic, but I noticed you said you got the game in Australia?

I thought it didn't come out until tomorrow?

How/Where/When did you get it?
    edited November 2009
    I didn't do anything special... I walked into a store, it was on the shelf, I bought it.

I guess if it's not due for release until tomorrow, there's a chance that might affect things, but I'd be surprised if EA would wait until the last moment before activating this sort of thing, as it seems to have had its fair share of problems in the USA as wel.
  • Awesome_TreeAwesome_Tree Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    They would probably activate AUS codes when the game is officially released.
    edited November 2009
    So I've now waited a full work day, and had no response from either of the listed contact emails - they've just sat in their respective support inboxes all day without anyone replying.

To make things worse, I live in Australia, and HMX has not supplied a contact phone number that I can call. There's no phone number listed in the manual or on the export key slip. So my only contact options are email and these forums.
    edited November 2009
    So wait for the official release of the game and try then? Dude, you got one of the most awesomest games early, I have to wait til Friday.

Don't worry about the export and just play.
    edited November 2009
    In response to Awesome_Tree - that's possible, but I had no idea the game was not due out yet. EA's site doesn't list a release date, and in any event I can't say I'm impressed with being punished for someone else's mistake.

There's another factor, unfortunately. The game apparently is released in Australia tomorrow, but not in the UK until Friday. If it doesn't work tomorrow, will I then be expected to wait until Friday?

I'm in a tight spot, because the longer I'm kept waiting, the less likely it is that the problem will be resolved, but as it becomes more likely that I may be stuck with a broken item, it also becomes more difficult to get that broken item replaced.

I don't really want to take it back, either. I'd like it to just, you know, work. But when I remember that Australia still doesn't have Rock Band 2, I can't help but wonder if EA/HMX simply don't care.

Even an automated email response to my emails yesterday would be something.
    edited November 2009
    I'd say give them a week. If it doesn't work then, you should have official reason to get agitated.

Just go through and enjoy all those happy minifigs and please the inner child. I'm insanely jealous. ;)
    edited November 2009
    I don't think I can afford to wait that long, nor should I have to, to be honest.
    If I wait a week for a response to my problem, that means I've had the game for more than a week. That makes returning it difficult.
    Basically, I want a fix, and failing that, a refund. The worse the technical support I receive, the more difficult it will be to get a refund.

The more widespread the problem, the easier it will be to get it refunded, but similarly, the more likely it will be that HMX/EA will fix it. Conversely, if I'm partof a small minority, I'm less likely to be helped, and I'm also less likely to be believed when trying to return it.

Logically, I should be taking it back to the store rather than waiting. But I really want to keep it. :(
    edited November 2009
    If worse comes to worse, and you can't get in contact with anyone and the code is a bomb, scrunch up the code, and go back and ask for either a new copy or to trade in your copy and use store credit plus $$$ for a new one. It seems unfair, but it will be worth it for Ghostbusters. :)
    edited November 2009
    If the code doesn't work and I can't get any support from EA, I'll do the right thing by myself and by my store (who are also not at fault for an EA/HMX screwup) - I'll take it back for a refund, and probably buy Band Hero instead, since I have been a music game fan for about ten years now.
    edited November 2009
    How do we know it's a screw up? They could just be waiting for the official release date of the game to allow codes to be valid.
    edited November 2009
    I was referring to your worst case scenario - if I cannot get in contact with anyone and the code is a bomb, then it will definitely be an EA/HMX screwup.
  • MyLightyearMyLightyear Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I have had the same thing happen to me. Not happy at all.
  • karaokefreakkaraokefreak Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Can somebody plz tell me where I can look up the email address of europes support? Or maybe a phone Number? Wa want this solved!!
  • murphmurph Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    HMX and EA have nothing to do with support for this game. find contact info in this thread.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172773
    Hi gang,

For all issues with your game, code, disc insert, etc... please use the following information:

E-mail: [email]legorockband_support@aqinc.com[/email]

Call us at: (410) 568-3680

You can also visit www.legorockbandgame.com/support for comprehensive game support information (including contacts for EMEA).
    Hey all,

Just popping in to add EU / PAL specific support info to HMXthrasher's post above me.

For LEGO Rock Band email support in Europe / PAL territories you can contact the following email: [email]WBGames.Intsupport@warnerbros.com[/email]

General support info can be found on this page: http://games.kidswb.com/official-sit...-band/support/

The support phone numbers will vary from region to region, but the numbers we have been provided are as follows:

United Kingdom - 44 8708500246
    Germany - 49 6995086407
    Denmark - 45 38487294
    Finland - 358 969379269
    Norway - 47 23162367
    Sweden - 46 858770666
    Italy - 39 0269633491
    Spain - 34 914069024
    France - 33 155695083
    Netherlands - 31 203469432
    Belgium - 32 27119939
    Luxembourg - 35 23420808447
    edited November 2009
    It's the 25th - the game's now officially out in Australia. Export key still alternating between not being found and already being used. Still no response from either of the two email addresses listed above. Still no Australian phone number to contact.
  • xXjAmEZXxxXjAmEZXx Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    i have the exact same problem, its ****ing stupid, couldnt they just do it the way they did with rb1 or have a code on the back of the manual to export it that way, it would save all this trouble and stupidity.
  • MyLightyearMyLightyear Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Got a reply from the american support address saying there are known issues with non US codes and that they hope to have it resolved in a day or two. I'd say hang tight for a few more days and see if they can fix it.

I'm as frustrated as you are but at least we have some acknowledgement of an issue.
    edited November 2009
    Update for the benefit of other people in the same situation: I received the following email.

--
    Hello,

There is currently a problem with the non-US redemption for Xbox codes. A fix is being implemented, but none of the codes will work right now. Please try the code again in a day or so.

Your customer number is XXXXXXXXX.
    Please refer to case #:: YYYYYYYYY if you have any further questions.

Please include all previous replies when/if responding to this message.

Best Regards,
    Dan W. at Warner Brothers Technical
    [email]support@legorockbandgame.com[/email]
    --
  • harveyglobetrotharveyglobetrot Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I'm having the same problem.

Just logging on now, I notice that the PS3 option has been split into PS3 US and PS3 EU. Perhaps they need to do something similar to that for the 360?
  • harveyglobetrotharveyglobetrot Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Least100Seraphs;3281503 said:
    Update for the benefit of other people in the same situation: I received the following email.

--
    Hello,

There is currently a problem with the non-US redemption for Xbox codes. A fix is being implemented, but none of the codes will work right now. Please try the code again in a day or so.

Your customer number is XXXXXXXXX.
    Please refer to case #:: YYYYYYYYY if you have any further questions.

Please include all previous replies when/if responding to this message.

Best Regards,
    Dan W. at Warner Brothers Technical
    [email]support@legorockbandgame.com[/email]
    --
    Well at least the problem is on the way to being resolved. It wasn't an overly huge concern but it would have got annoying if the problem were still occurring in a week or two.
  • kennethvkennethv Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Still waiting, here. It's been over a week now.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Same problem.

I'm in Australia - got Lego Rock Band on the PS3 today.

Tried the code on http://www.rockband.com/lego-export (for EU PS3 since there was no AU option), and received the error... “We’re sorry, but we’re temporarily out of download tokens. Please check back with us soon!”.

When I try again, I get "That game code has already been redeemed"

So, I can't export the tracks and now I can't re-use the code???

Someone please help!
  • deatnote128deatnote128 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Ive got the exact same problem as graffin. no tokens atm. Then That game code has already been redeemed. It might be that the store isnt updated til tomorrow . Help .Tom
    edited November 2009
    Using Firefox, it tells me "That game code has already been redeemed", whereas IE7 now tells me "That game code was not found. Please try again."

This is fantastic. We don't have the Export Key for Rock Band on the AU PS3 store, and now we can't even export the Lego Rock Band tracks either!

Just called the support number for UK (since there isn't one in Australia), and they're totally clueless. The guy on the phone said the game's not officially out there until the 27th. He spoke with his manager and apparently only the US codes work at the moment. Non-US codes that have already been redeemed should be reset and should work again when they get it fixed (which apparently happens later today/tomorrow).

If anyone else wants to try calling them, it's 0011 448708500246.
    edited November 2009
    Graffin . You are the man. i think you have solved why it isnt working. cheers hoping they fix it soon. tom
    edited November 2009
    A friend of mine in Australia had no problems redeeming his code for the 360. Mine's still broken. This is ridculous.
    edited November 2009
    I hope they're right when they said the already used codes *should* work when it's fixed.

One thing did occur to me though. If I did this on a PC, how would the "token" (or export key) get onto my PS3... I should've used the PS3's browser. But, no, that doesn't work either (just incase you're wondering).
    edited November 2009
    what you do is put that code into the website and theyll give you a code to put into the ps3.