Game code not found/out of export tokens

Comments

• Least100SeraphsLeast100Seraphs Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Brilliant. I -haven't- received such an email. This keeps getting better and better.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Least100Seraphs;3285749 said:
    Brilliant. I -haven't- received such an email. This keeps getting better and better.
    Don't freak... yet.

It depends on who you contact.

I thought i'd cover all bases, so I emailed both [email]WBGames.Intsupport@warnerbros.com[/email] and [email]legorockband_support@aqinc.com[/email] (they're the only ones who've replied so far, and requested that I scan my receipts, covers, game disc, leaflet and send it to them, etc).

I also called the UK support number that HMXHenry put up (which cost me just over $10). The guy I initially got didn't know anything about it. Infact, I had to spell out the URL http://www.rockband.com/lego-export to him because he had no idea what I was talking about. He put me on hold to ask his manager/superiors, came back and said they're aware of the issue and hope to have it resolved later that day/tomorrow. And, that all of the codes that were entered and refused a token or already redeemed would be reset and should work again. He took my email address down and said he'd contact me when it has been fixed.

It's been a little over 24 hours now, and I haven't heard back from anyone yet.

You'd think they'd have it all working well before the game's release wouldn't you?

The leaflet claims we can export the Lego Rock Band tracks and play them in Rock Band or Rock Band 2. Yeah right. Export doesn't work. Rock Band 2 isn't available in Australia, and neither is the Rock Band Export Key (so we can use the 22 or so tracks from there in Lego Rock Band).

Could someone from Harmonix please help sort out this mess with the Lego Export problem and the availability of the RB Export Key on the AU PSN Store?
  • MyLightyearMyLightyear Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I've just sent through the requested scanned information as I was sick of waiting for the site to be 'fixed'. I'm not hopeful to get a reply but it would be great if they actually resolved this.
  • iuggiboyiuggiboy Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    from Italy, same problem.
  • ElloriaElloria Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Same problem here, from the U.K
    Hopefully the problem will be adressed and as Graffin said, all codes with this error be reset... hopefully
  • doctordraydoctordray Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Can I request that you guys who are currently "in contact" with Harmonix support keep us updated on how this issue is being addressed? I've emailed both support addresses highlighted in this thread with no response - I'm hoping that the support channels have been so inundated with complaints that Harmonix will accept what a piss-poor process they have implemented for song export this time around.

Wouldn't it have been easier to just issue the codes within the box for use directly in PSN or XBL??? Why have this intermediary step that serves no purpose other than to frustrate and alienate their audience?
    edited November 2009
    I also think that the scanning documents process will be a suicide.
    The fastest way is to reset all the EU codes on the server.
    edited November 2009
    iuggiboy;3286749 said:
    I also think that the scanning documents process will be a suicide.
    The fastest way is to reset all the EU codes on the server.
    I agree... but the problem with your suggestion is that it ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE and is the LOGICAL solution.
    But everything that Harmonix has done so far in regards to adderssing this issue DEFIES LOGIC and LACKS ANY COMMON SENSE whatsoever.

Call me a pessimist... but I predict climate change being solved sooner than this.
  • Least100SeraphsLeast100Seraphs Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    It's been 48 hours since I received the email saying to try the code again in a day or so. I mention this because te guy that rang England was told it would be fixed the day he called or the following day. Well it's now the day after that and it's not working.

I've emailed them to ask what is going on, and why my code isn't working, when a friend who lives in the same city as I do here in Australia, used his Xbox 360 code without any problems.

I'd also like to know why there hasn't been any official statement made given that this is affecting all PAL consumers. (According to the email response I got, I quote "A fix is being implemented, but none of the codes will work right now.").
    edited November 2009
    To all the non-Aussies on this thread... Welcome to our World!!! We've been copping this sort of rubbish from HMX for a few years now. It looks like quarantine has been broken and the HIV (Harmonix Ineptitude Virus) has now spread to other PAL countries!

I actually bought another Rock Band track off the PSN store this morning. Why do I still continue to throw money into the coffers of a company that continues to treat customers in my country with contempt?? I guess I'm just as stupid as HMX!
  • HJHoochHJHooch Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    HIV = Classic :D

Seriously though. Day 3 for me now and no response + no fix in sight.

I'm terribly hopefull (don't know why) that the uproar generated from this latest bungle will get them off their butts' and provide that long overdue Aussie export for RB2 along with this...
    edited November 2009
    HJHooch;3287041 said:
    HIV = Classic :D

Seriously though. Day 3 for me now and no response + no fix in sight.

I'm terribly hopefull (don't know why) that the uproar generated from this latest bungle will get them off their butts' and provide that long overdue Aussie export for RB2 along with this...
    Heya HJ,

If you're sick of waiting for the RB Export Key to make it's way to the Aussie PSN store... I have a workaround that worked for me. You just need a PayPal account (quickest and most secure way) or a credit card.

There's a website in the UK that sells European PSN store cards. When you buy one from them, they email you the code straight off the card. Then you set up a UK PSN ID (just use any UK address when prompted for one), use the code and you're set with credit to buy the export key of the UK PSN store.

After I read about this method, I went home... bought the store card off the website... and the code was emailed to me within the hour... and about 30min after that I had completed the process. RB1 songs on my HDD available to play in RB2!

I cant remember the name of the website (it's bookmarked at home) but if you google "xbox live psn uk cards" the store should turn up. I remember it has xbox in it's URL. If you want me to let you know for sure... just reply to this post.
    edited November 2009
    doctordray;3287281 said:
    Heya HJ,

If you're sick of waiting for the RB Export Key to make it's way to the Aussie PSN store... I have a workaround that worked for me. You just need a PayPal account (quickest and most secure way) or a credit card.

There's a website in the UK that sells European PSN store cards. When you buy one from them, they email you the code straight off the card. Then you set up a UK PSN ID (just use any UK address when prompted for one), use the code and you're set with credit to buy the export key of the UK PSN store.

After I read about this method, I went home... bought the store card off the website... and the code was emailed to me within the hour... and about 30min after that I had completed the process. RB1 songs on my HDD available to play in RB2!

I cant remember the name of the website (it's bookmarked at home) but if you google "xbox live psn uk cards" the store should turn up. I remember it has xbox in it's URL. If you want me to let you know for sure... just reply to this post.
    I've seen UK PSN Cards on eBay too.

But, why should we pay around $37 (since the cheapest card is 20 pounds) and have to create a fake UK PSN ID, just to buy an export key that SHOULD be available on the AU PSN Store?

It was put on the store back in November 6, 2008 (when RB1 was first released), but removed in the subsequent PSN update. Unfortunately I didn't buy it back then as I didn't have a PAL copy of RB2.

I can understand why they may have chosen not to add it back to the store (since RB2 still hasn't been officially released here... I don't know why), but now that LEGO Rock Band is officially available here, and makes use of about 20 tracks from the RB1 disc, there is no excuse.

Apparently XBOX360 users don't have the same problem. They can buy the Rock Band Export Key.

Please fix this Harmonix.

At the moment, all we have are Rock Band and LEGO Rock Band. Both of which claim we can export tracks from both games, but the RB1 Export isn't available and the LEGO one doesn't work!

Does anyone here on the support forums have a phone number for Harmonix?

I'm sick of having my emails ignored, and it doesn't appear as though we'll get any real support on these forums either, so the only other option is to call them and speak to a human. At least I hope I get a human and not a recording (which is probably broken too).
    edited November 2009
    Least100Seraphs;3286929 said:
    It's been 48 hours since I received the email saying to try the code again in a day or so. I mention this because te guy that rang England was told it would be fixed the day he called or the following day. Well it's now the day after that and it's not working.

I've emailed them to ask what is going on, and why my code isn't working, when a friend who lives in the same city as I do here in Australia, used his Xbox 360 code without any problems.

I'd also like to know why there hasn't been any official statement made given that this is affecting all PAL consumers. (According to the email response I got, I quote "A fix is being implemented, but none of the codes will work right now.").
    It's obvious the moderators/developers jump on here and post announcements, so why can't one of them post something helpful. That they even acknowledge there's a problem and are working with whomever to fix it.

I'm waiting to hear back from someone. Anyone. The guy I called in the UK promised to email me back, and after scanning practically everything and sending it (as requested) to the support address, i'm yet to hear anything from them either.

The game's officially released in the UK today (according to the guy I spoke with), so if it's not fixed, there'll probably be a few new users posting their frustrations here.

Anyway, i'll have to wait another 3 hours until it's 9am in the UK, and i'll try calling them again.

This is BS.

Harmonix - stop hiding and fix this, or at the very least post an announcement on this so we actually know there's some progress happening. And, while you're at it... Rock Band Export Key on the AU PSN Store please. It seems XBOX360 users don't have any problems getting it, but it's still not available on the AU PSN Store!

As others have said... I don't know why the hell they just didn't put the "actual" code on the leaflet, so we enter that in the PSN Store to buy the Export Key. It's ridiculous. The fault with the current code system resides on their website, so what are they doing to fix it?
    edited November 2009
    Graffin,

I feel your pain brother and agree with both your posts above.
    My workaround for buying the export key off the UK PSN store was offered to HJ purely as an alternative to swallowing the treatment that Harmonix currently dishes up to Aussies.

I too have had many, many emails disregarded and unanswered by Harmonix support ever since Rock Band shipped in the USA. If not for the quality of work of the Rock Band dev team, and the complacent efforts of recent Guitar Hero releases, Harmonix's treatment of it's non-US customers would probably have led to the Rock Band line disappearing from PAL regions a long time ago.
  • RadioteddyRadioteddy Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Can't tell you what a relief it was when Rock Band Beatles came out it Aus!

From what I have read it is selling very well.

Lego Rock Band has now come out (I have my copy, but have yet to try the export code), I hope that we get the support we deserve considering the many issues we have had to put up with (such as the PSN not having the DLC that was annouced).
    edited November 2009
    Do we need a Petition to have an official communication from HMX???
    It's becoming frustrating.
  • deatnote128deatnote128 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I E-mailed the International support and they replied as follows;

"Dear Customer,
    Thank you for contacting our support department.
    Thank you for contacting us. We are aware of the issue and it is being investigated. We are hoping to have it resolved as soon as possible.
    Apologies for any inconvenience."

I am aware of the repetitive lines, but that's just the way it was I suppose. Hope it brings perhaps some kind of relief for you all.

- Allanah.
    PSN: Holy_Ocelot
    edited November 2009
    as soon as possible was the release date of Chinese Democracy.
  • RincewiendRincewiend Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    From The Netherlands...
    Got a "out of tokens" error...
  • halfaworldawayhalfaworldaway Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Has any PS3 users had success in exporting the tracks onto their hard drive? i just got the game but haven't tried yet, just wondering is it working yet?
  • ChadvindaraChadvindara Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    How much is the game? Gonna get it later on!
  • rileN95xrileN95x Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I rang Warner Brothers in the UK an hour after i bought the game at 10am dis morning since they tend to the Republic of Ireland as well & the guy asked me for my email & will notify me when the Technical Team at Harmonix resolve the EU PS3 Export issue, so all you can do really is sit tight and wait. To be honest, its a pain but what can we do?? He said all codes will be reset so if you got the error message of "THIS CODE HAS ALREADY BEEN USED" or "OUT OF TOKENS" then dont worry, all codes are going to be reset
    edited November 2009
    rileN95x;3287806 said:
    I rang Warner Brothers in the UK an hour after i bought the game at 10am dis morning since they tend to the Republic of Ireland as well & the guy asked me for my email & will notify me when the Technical Team at Harmonix resolve the EU PS3 Export issue, so all you can do really is sit tight and wait. To be honest, its a pain but what can we do?? He said all codes will be reset so if you got the error message of "THIS CODE HAS ALREADY BEEN USED" or "OUT OF TOKENS" then dont worry, all codes are going to be reset
    Where did you read this?
    edited November 2009
    Rang Warner Brothers UK,asked for my email, as soon as HMX technical team resolve it, they will email me,best bet is to ring just to give them yer email instead of coming back to the forums
  • kennethvkennethv Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    It has now been 10 days since I reported my problem (US version). I've gotten responses, but no fix.
    edited November 2009
    murph;3279444 said:
    HMX and EA have nothing to do with support for this game. find contact info in this thread.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172773
    The Lego Rock Band export feature in contained within this EA/HMX site so they should have something to do with this.
  • DEMON212DEMON212 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    halfaworldaway;3287834 said:
    Where did you read this?
    rileN95x;3287806 said:
    I rang Warner Brothers
    Well I hope that's true because like everyone else I tried said they were out, so tried again and said my code had been used.

So it's going to be very annoying if they don't reset them.
  • van_of_lovevan_of_love Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    How frustrating! I hope this is sorted soon as I was looking forward to boosting my RB2 setlist. Bit of a downer but otherwise awesome game, i am 28 and have spent all day rockin out to ghostbusters! :-p
    edited November 2009
    Muse & Oasis are on the Rockband 1 selection of the game, yet when you try to play them it gives a disc read error which means you gotta restart the game.Maps is playable but it shows that HMX once again focus on less on PS3, less on European gamers, by rushing the game for a christmas release even though it took 3 weeks after the USA for us to get it. Not surprised by the EXPORT FLAW, a system implementation that they tried to use as to avoid Rockband 2s take any copy of Rockband 1 to export.I dont see why they didnt keep the same as the did for AC/DC but limit it to one time download instead of redeeming it on their site and use this so called code on the PSN