Does the Wii version have a music store?

OnAFridayOnAFriday Rising Star
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
I havent really been following Lego Rock Band, so I am not sure. I almost bought it yesterday then I saw that there was no Nintendo WFC logo on the box... I already knew there was no online play or export feature... but does the Wii version at least have a music store/dlc?? :confused:

Comments

• monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Nope. Your LRB songs are isolated in every possible way when it comes to el Wii.

It sucks, I know.
  • OnAFridayOnAFriday Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    monkeyfish;3276610 said:
    Nope. Your LRB songs are isolated in every possible way when it comes to el Wii.

It sucks, I know.
    That is freaking ridiculous. And here I was wondering why I bought Band Hero instead of Lego Rock Band.... oh yeah...that's right... it PWNS LRB! Hmx could have implemented.... oh forget it... I am sure there were a thousand sad/angry rants on this topic already. Bummer....:rolleyes:
  • ASC2175ASC2175 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Well that just FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF Sucks!
  • TrianglonTrianglon Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    OnAFriday;3276620 said:
    That is freaking ridiculous. And here I was wondering why I bought Band Hero instead of Lego Rock Band.... oh yeah...that's right... it PWNS LRB! Hmx could have implemented.... oh forget it... I am sure there were a thousand sad/angry rants on this topic already. Bummer....:rolleyes:
    No, Lego Rock Band is better.
    Better songs, better people.
    Hey, you get a Lego David Bowie.
    What more can you ask for?
  • CyanFunkCyanFunk Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    This is a Rock Band game on Wii. Of course not
    Trianglon;3277290 said:
    No, Lego Rock Band is better.
    Better songs, better people.
    Hey, you get a Lego David Bowie.
    What more can you ask for?
    Online for one thing
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited November 2009
    CyanFunk;3277819 said:
    This is a Rock Band game on Wii. Of course not

Online for one thing
    No version of Lego Rock Band has online. Not just the Wii, none of them.
  • PubknightPubknight Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    davidshek;3277892 said:
    No version of Lego Rock Band has online. Not just the Wii, none of them.
    True, but other versions have a method of playing the songs online with other people (via export).
    The Wii does not.
    So if you don't have people to play with live in your home, you have no way to play those songs other than solo.

For a band based game... that's pretty crappy.
  • ShadowChaosControlShadowChaosControl Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    what do you want from harmonix? blame nintendo for not having a hard drive, i love my wii, but it isn't without flaws, and RB2 at the moment, can only support up to 4GB with an SD card
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    ShadowChaosControl;3278698 said:
    what do you want from harmonix? blame nintendo for not having a hard drive, i love my wii, but it isn't without flaws, and RB2 at the moment, can only support up to 4GB with an SD card
    So 45 songs > 4 gigs? Since when?
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    It's a shame about the music store absence, because, even with the Wii's lesser graphics, Lego Rock Band is an awesome, incredibly fun game. I'd still recommend it despite the issues. It pales compared to the amazing job done with Wii RB2 and Wii Beatles, but it's still one of the best gaming experiences my family's had this year. I try not to think about the fact that the other consoles get to import more songs for it....
  • Ryan315Ryan315 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    could this get any worse?
  • TheLovelyNoiseTheLovelyNoise Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Ryan315;3285861 said:
    could this get any worse?
    yes, you could have a ps2
  • FinnulfFinnulf Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    First off, in HMX's defence, this is a TT game with HMX input and HMX song charting.

That said, this game does not deserve any Wii owner's money, period. It is a step backwards to the RB1 days and an insult to what the little white underachiever is actually capable of.
    ShadowChaosControl;3278698 said:
    Nintendo has their own reasons for not wanting a hard drive in their console. Personally, the less moving parts, the better, as far as I'm concerned. I do wish SDHC support had been there from the get-go, but no point in wasting breath on that over-stated point (again).

This particular post reeks of the usual narrow-minded console-bashing isolationism. You say the Wii isn't up to snuff for LRB... RB2 and TBRB say otherwise. In the case of the latter, SDHC support means 32GB storage is an option - this alone means there is no reason for LRB to lack a store.

The main limitation on export (apart from developer laziness) is that RB2 only supports SD (ie, non-HC) cards, thus creating a normal limit of 2GB and a hard limit of 4GB (look it up - many of the Wii RB2ers are using 4GB cards). A 45 song export should ring in at well under 1GB.

Excuses are crap. I love giving HMX my money. Over 300 tracks for RB2 and all of Abbey Road and Sgt. Pepper for TBRB speak to my interest.

LRB has eschewed features this community considers essential, the Wii version moreso than others. Thus, LRB is clearly more of a short-term cash-grab than anything else. It's a shame when trash like this pollutes the software shelves!
  • InsanityExInsanityEx Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Finnulf;3285924 said:
    First off, in HMX's defence, this is a TT game with HMX input and HMX song charting.

That said, this game does not deserve any Wii owner's money, period. It is a step backwards to the RB1 days and an insult to what the little white underachiever is actually capable of.

Nintendo has their own reasons for not wanting a hard drive in their console. Personally, the less moving parts, the better, as far as I'm concerned. I do wish SDHC support had been there from the get-go, but no point in wasting breath on that over-stated point (again).

This particular post reeks of the usual narrow-minded console-bashing isolationism. You say the Wii isn't up to snuff for LRB... RB2 and TBRB say otherwise. In the case of the latter, SDHC support means 32GB storage is an option - this alone means there is no reason for LRB to lack a store.

The main limitation on export (apart from developer laziness) is that RB2 only supports SD (ie, non-HC) cards, thus creating a normal limit of 2GB and a hard limit of 4GB (look it up - many of the Wii RB2ers are using 4GB cards). A 45 song export should ring in at well under 1GB.

Excuses are crap. I love giving HMX my money. Over 300 tracks for RB2 and all of Abbey Road and Sgt. Pepper for TBRB speak to my interest.

LRB has eschewed features this community considers essential, the Wii version moreso than others. Thus, LRB is clearly more of a short-term cash-grab than anything else. It's a shame when trash like this pollutes the software shelves!
    QFT mate, QFT.