20 Beatles Buried Treasures

liaminhliaminh Opening Act
edited November 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Pretty good read.

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/feature/115706-20-beatles-buried-treasures/

"The sitar-like result, to be notably reused in Lennon’s equally mind-bending “Tomorrow Never Knows”, was achieved the hard way: by recording the part normally, then playing it backwards and writing out the notation, then recording the notation only to play it backwards one final time and creating a mystifyingly harmonious string of notes..."

(I'm Only Sleeping)

Comments

• hkevinhkevin Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Good article (Although I thought the "swinging from a rope" was the engineers idea after the recording, not from Lennon before it)

Nice to see some love for "She's Leaving Home" too !
  • nbalive2005nbalive2005 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Great read, too much from Revolver and Rubber Soul

Dissed Im a Loser though, i think the lyrics (My tears are falling like tears from the sky, is it for her or myself do i cry) are very good.

No Baby your a rich man or Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey though :(
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    nbalive2005;3277958 said:
    Great read, too much from Revolver and Rubber Soul
    Well, that's because those songs just happen to fit that criteria. It makes sense, as they are about as critically acclaimed as the other big boys, yet aren't quite as popular. Sgt. Pepper and Abbey Road are much more popular, therefore have less of these "hidden gems".

Had two of my favorite songs on that list, Here, There, and Everywhere and You Won't See Me.
  • HylianBowcasterHylianBowcaster Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Wow, they had a few that are some of my most favorite songs, Hey Bulldog and You Won't See Me. I wonder why some of these didn't get so much appreciation during their days, they surely were up to par with any other Beatle hits.
  • californicationcalifornication Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Here, There and Everywhere was also on their worst Beatles songs list...so yeah.
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    They included "And Your Bird Can Sing" and "It's All Too Much," so I'm happy. Fun article.
  • CM_DrunkCM_Drunk Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Actually, they have alot more articles on that site...that one linked is about 1 of 30...good find. Im going to go through alot of these.

Im glad they included Girl on the list. Such a good friggin song.