Magma Help!

TNNRANDYTNNRANDY Unsigned
edited November 2009 in The Rock Band Network
I am trying to audition just a guitar part for a song (To Make sure it's correct).. I do not have any other parts authored just the guitar part. Magma is coming back with this error.

[IWARNING: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/torresr/desktop/butter.mid (PART GUITAR): No authoring found for overdrive phrases
WARNING: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/torresr/desktop/butter.mid (PART BASS): No authoring found for overdrive phrases
WARNING: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/torresr/desktop/butter.mid (PART DRUMS): No authoring found for overdrive phrases
WARNING: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/torresr/desktop/butter.mid (PART DRUMS): No authoring found for drum fills
WARNING: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/torresr/desktop/butter.mid (PART VOCALS): No authoring found for overdrive phrases][/I]

Do I have to draw in all the overdrive parts on the other insturments even though its not authored?

Like I said I am just trying to audition the guitar part.

Comments

• trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited November 2009
    Those are "WARNING"s and not "ERROR"s so they should not prevent you from building your song. They're there to remind you to add OD/Drum Fills, so if you're just doing an early test build you can safely ignore those. :)
  • TNNRANDYTNNRANDY Unsigned
    edited November 2009
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, it's nuts. You not only need a note for every playable instrument (if there's a track for it, it needs a MIDI to align with it, so you may have to temporarily add everything to TRKS for only one playable instrument), but a note for every difficulty of every instrument, at least one overdrive phrase for each, at least one drum fill, and at least one note inside and in between every OD phrases/fill for every difficulty!

Magma is rugged like that.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited November 2009
    DavyinaToga;3277536 said:
    (if there's a track for it, it needs a MIDI to align with it, so you may have to temporarily add everything to TRKS for only one playable instrument)
    You only have to do that if you haven't authored a vocal part (and want to hear the vocals while you're auditioning) since Magma will compare the authored notes to the dry vocal track and, well, that won't work if you've just got the placeholder PART VOCALS with the one note in it. :) Since it doesn't run that kind of check for any other instrument, you can safely use the placeholders for those.