Anyone Else interested in getting the Yellow Submarine album?

NocturnalNocturnal Rising Star
edited November 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I was curious on what all was on the album, and basically it's just the song Yellow Submarine, four unreleased (outside of this album) songs, and All You Need is Love.

Since All You Need is Love is being released as a single, do you think they'll do the other three as singles, or just do a small three song pack one week?

Oddly, I think this one has some of my all time favorite songs. I just didn't know they were unique to this album. "Only a Northern Song" and "It's All Too Much" are two of the better George Harrison songs in my opinion. "All Together Now" is just a fun song too. I'd really be disappointed if these were left out.

Then again, I think this all depends on how well the first three albums sell, but my hunch is that they're selling well, and we will see more eventually.

Comments

• CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I agree. George's 2 songs should be DLC. They are both great. And All Togheter Now would be fantastic.
  • JoyDivisionJoyDivision Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    All you need is love? on Yellow Submarine??
  • fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited November 2009
    YEp. It is. The songs that are not instrumental are:

Yellow Submarine
    Only a Norther Song
    All Together Now
    Hey Bulldog
    Its All Too Much(my personal favorite)
    All You Need Is Love

Then side two is classical music that was used in the movie.
  • HotMangoChutneyHotMangoChutney Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    You forgot "Hey Bulldog." :eek:

Hopefully they'll release the 3 other songs as an individual pack. I'd LOVE to see the dreamscape for "It's All Too Much."

Just as a side note, "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" was also made available on the cassette version of Yellow Submarine.
  • UlriqueUlrique Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I want it all.
  • LeoModestoLeoModesto Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    There's two versions of the soundtrack as far as I know. One is just the title track and the "new" songs from it (this was before the US version of Magical Mystery Tour became the official one, so All You Need Is Love hadn't got an Album release in the UK yet). Then they released a complete soundtrack, I believe.

And with the new movie, expect a THIRD version coming along. But I'm cool with that - the more opportunities people have to listen to Hey Bulldog, the better.
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    It would be awesome if the three remaining songs got a 3-pack DLC release.

There's not a chance at all that the side 2 instrumental score would be considered for the game, but....Now that we've seen how much fun playing strings with the guitar controller can be in "She's Leaving Home," I'd love to play both "Pepperland" and "Yellow Submarine in Pepperland." :)
  • mysfarbrormysfarbror Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    all too much is too long
    all together would be boring to play
    only a northern song would be ok
  • NocturnalNocturnal Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    mysfarbror;3282635 said:
    all too much is too long
    Yeah, too bad we can't play I Want You (She's So Heavy) or the entire Abbey Road Medley.

And yeah, I wasn't even considering that the purely instrumental tracks would be added, since as far as I know, The Beatles really had nothing to do with that.

From what I know about the movie, The Beatles didn't think it would accurately represent them, so they had nothing to do with it, until it was pretty much finished and they changed their minds, but at that point all they could do to support it was add a little live action bit at the end.
  • LeoModestoLeoModesto Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, pretty much. Their previous experience with animation had been the saturday morning cartoon, so I understand why they'd think that.

The "new songs" they added in the movie were pretty much leftovers. Take Only A Northern Song, for example - that one was intended to be in Sgt. Pepper.
  • tcole6tcole6 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    HotMangoChutney;3282346 said:
    You forgot "Hey Bulldog." :eek:

Hopefully they'll release the 3 other songs as an individual pack. I'd LOVE to see the dreamscape for "It's All Too Much."

Just as a side note, "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" was also made available on the cassette version of Yellow Submarine.
    Exactly, for me the best three from this album made it already, Hey Bulldog, Yellow Submarine and All You Need Is Love.

Personally can't stand Only A Northern Song. It's All Too Much is pretty good, but I won't miss it too much. All Together Now would be my next pick from this album.

But if it did come out on DLC, I would probably get them all (minus the crazy sound track songs, ugh). What else is a true TB:RB fan to do :)
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Nocturnal;3282289 said:
    Then again, I think this all depends on how well the first three albums sell.
    No, that was proven false.
    edited November 2009
    I added Hey Bulldog:D:o
  • edited November 2009
    gamegyro56;3283890 said:
    No, that was proven false.
    How can that be proven false?
  • Jet BlankJet Blank Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    It's All Too Much is an epic Beatles song, it must be put in the game.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    StrawberryFieldsForever;3283966 said:
    How can that be proven false?
    Harmonix said that future albums are not based on the sale of the first 3.
    edited November 2009
    But in another article, they said that it did.......
  • Gigli78Gigli78 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I'm getting it.
  • RampantFrenzyRampantFrenzy Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    meh.. not really

I would buy it of course.. but if it does come out I hope it isnt soon..
  • RADIO CHRISRADIO CHRIS Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    we have to get "It's All Too Much" and "Only A Northern Song" on DLC they're EPIC songs
  • HotMangoChutneyHotMangoChutney Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    mysfarbror;3282635 said:
    all too much is too long
    "Hey Jude," "Revolution 9," and "I Want You (She's So Heavy)" are all longer. :p
  • edited November 2009
    I'd definitely want It's All Too Much, Only a Northern Song, and All Together Now. Wouldn't really want the orchestral stuff, but I'd probably get it if they put it out because I am a whore