Playing RB2 DLC in Lego RB for the Wii

freakin_ozfreakin_oz Unsigned
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
Okay, I just signed up for this, so I am really sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere. I own a Wii. I have RB2 and have a pretty big selection of DLC. I bought Lego RB. Is there anyway that I can play the songs I already have downloaded onto my SD card from the music store on the Lego game? If so, how the heck do I go about it? I am under the understanding that anything played in Lego RB has to be "family friendly", which I get. So does anybody know how to do this, or am I screwed again being a Wii/RB supporter?

Comments

• davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited November 2009
    freakin_oz;3283101 said:
    Okay, I just signed up for this, so I am really sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere. I own a Wii. I have RB2 and have a pretty big selection of DLC. I bought Lego RB. Is there anyway that I can play the songs I already have downloaded onto my SD card from the music store on the Lego game? If so, how the heck do I go about it? I am under the understanding that anything played in Lego RB has to be "family friendly", which I get. So does anybody know how to do this, or am I screwed again being a Wii/RB supporter?
    The Wii version of Lego: Rock Band cannot play any DLC.
  • freakin_ozfreakin_oz Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    :(Thanks! That was what I thought, but just wanted to confirm. I love my Wii for many reasons, but the way it gets screwed over for RB features is really ridiculous. And the fact that the whole instrument compatibilty thing with GH games really doesn't work at all for the Wii (if you already have RB stuff) really makes me wanna cry. I can't afford 2 complete sets of instruments so that I can play GH and RB games. I guess I chose the wrong bandwagon to hop on if I wanted cross-compatibilty of instruments, and jsut about anything else:p
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    freakin_oz;3283162 said:
    , but the way it gets screwed over for RB features is really ridiculous.
    They take a game made for a current gen console, and actually got it to work on the Wii. You are not getting screwed over in any way. You should feel lucky to get what you have.
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Ehfahq;3283310 said:
    They take a game made for a current gen console, and actually got it to work on the Wii. You are not getting screwed over in any way. You should feel lucky to get what you have.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Wii is current gen?
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    freakin_oz;3283162 said:
    :(Thanks! That was what I thought, but just wanted to confirm. I love my Wii for many reasons, but the way it gets screwed over for RB features is really ridiculous. And the fact that the whole instrument compatibilty thing with GH games really doesn't work at all for the Wii (if you already have RB stuff) really makes me wanna cry. I can't afford 2 complete sets of instruments so that I can play GH and RB games. I guess I chose the wrong bandwagon to hop on if I wanted cross-compatibilty of instruments, and jsut about anything else:p
    Lego Rock Band is an unfortunate exception to the full-feature ports Harmonix has released for Wii lately, OP. Both RB2 and TB:RB are awesome on Wii, with great DLC support and solid graphics. PS3 and 360 do them better, of course, but if Wii's your only console, those two games don't disappoint. And remember, GH Wii instruments work fine on the Hamonix games.

But, yeah, as much as I love LRB, I'm ticked off about the DLC thing, too.
  • InsanityExInsanityEx Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    We are screwed over for no good reason. Sucks I know.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    siee;3287744 said:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Wii is current gen?
    I guess it is. But not really under the hood. And im not talking crap on the console, I own one. My neigbor is borrowing it and they got RB2 for it. And I was suprised at how much you can do on it.

I think they did a great job getting RB to work on the Wii. Wii owners shouldnt feel screwed. They should be happy.
  • InsanityExInsanityEx Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Ehfahq;3290376 said:
    I guess it is. But not really under the hood. And im not talking crap on the console, I own one. My neigbor is borrowing it and they got RB2 for it. And I was suprised at how much you can do on it.

I think they did a great job getting RB to work on the Wii. Wii owners shouldnt feel screwed. They should be happy.
    Wii owners are very happy with RB2 and TBRB (even though TBRB can't do album downloads for some reason) but LRB is a huge step back into the RB1 days.