Lego RB Export File Size; How Big?

Metallichris71Metallichris71 Unsigned
edited December 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
Hey all, hope you're having a great day. Got a question I hope someone knows the answer to. I have right now 1.1 Gigs left on my xbox hard drive; do I have enough space to export the lego songs to my HD? I plan on deleting a lot of them, but I am sure the initial export will be all of the songs. Do I have enough room for this or do I need to wait a few weeks when I can get the 120 gig HD?

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• Metallichris71Metallichris71 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Woooah, wait a minute.

I understood they would all export at once; are you saying that once they are on my HD, I can't delete individual songs? When I exported RB1, I got rid of two or three tunes I hated. There are a lot on Lego I do not want to waste HD space on. I can't just keep the individual songs I want?
  • AngryWormAngryWorm Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Metallichris71;3286793 said:
    Woooah, wait a minute.

I understood they would all export at once; are you saying that once they are on my HD, I can't delete individual songs? When I exported RB1, I got rid of two or three tunes I hated. There are a lot on Lego I do not want to waste HD space on. I can't just keep the individual songs I want?
    As far as I know, you cannot delete individual songs. I wasn't too happy about it either.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited November 2009
    [QUOTE=Metallichris71;3286793]I understood they would all export at once; are you saying that once they are on my HD, I can't delete individual songs? /QUOTE]

That is correct. You download one big 1.2GB pack, and just like any other DLC pack, you cannot delete individual songs out of it.
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    And this may be the case for all future exports. You don't get the files from the disc, you download them.Because you download them, it's one big file. There is no way for a code to queue up 45 consecutive downloads much less 84.
    edited November 2009
    That seriously sucks ballage. I was going to head out at 3 am to get my copy because i only want about 10 songs; the thought if having Ghostbusters or Rascal Flatts stuck on my hard drive makes me ill. Harmonix please give us the option to get these via DLC! I want Iggy!
  • MushroomMushroom Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Metallichris71;3286866 said:
    That seriously sucks ballage. I was going to head out at 3 am to get my copy because i only want about 10 songs; the thought if having Ghostbusters or Rascal Flatts stuck on my hard drive makes me ill. Harmonix please give us the option to get these via DLC! I want Iggy!
    But... Ghostbusters is one of the best things about the game!
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Mushroom;3286882 said:
    This.

Also, I don't know why, but I have a pet peeve of people ditching songs from the RB1 export and I'm glad you can't delete from this one.
  • DerTommissarDerTommissar Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Mushroom;3286882 said:
    Amen.
    edited November 2009
    Just my taste. If you guys love it, awesome. Not for me thanks.
    edited November 2009
    "Also, I don't know why, but I have a pet peeve of people ditching songs from the RB1 export and I'm glad you can't delete from this one"

It was actually only one song....yes, Fall Out Boy sucks THAT bad.
    edited November 2009
    Metallichris71;3286940 said:
    "Also, I don't know why, but I have a pet peeve of people ditching songs from the RB1 export and I'm glad you can't delete from this one"

It was actually only one song....yes, Fall Out Boy sucks THAT bad.
    Oh. Well one song isn't that bad.
    I once saw someone on online BQP who only had Flirtin' With Disaster and Won't Get Fooled Again.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    SonicRocker15X;3286891 said:
    Also, I don't know why, but I have a pet peeve of people ditching songs from the RB1 export and I'm glad you can't delete from this one.
    This. I only deleted Tom Sawyer out of the RB1 export, since I bought Moving Pictures.
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Metallichris71;3286866 said:
    Harmonix please give us the option to get these via DLC! I want Iggy!
    They already said they aren't going to do that. All or none pal.
    edited November 2009
    "I once saw someone on online BQP who only had Flirtin' With Disaster and Won't Get Fooled Again."

Yes, that is asinine for sure.
  • taylorleetaylorlee Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I don't quite understand why Harmonix would go with this export model.

It would probably cost them a lot less to re-use the song ripping tool from Rock Band 1 again, factoring in the large filesize and the bandwidth appropriations.

It also gives players the ability to select which songs they would like to keep.
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    SonicRocker15X;3286891 said:
    This.

I can't ditch any songs, I just feel that "I paid for it, I'm damn well keeping it"

I always regret it when a song I don't like at all comes on...
  • DerTommissarDerTommissar Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    kitlerc;3287067 said:
    I can't ditch any songs, I just feel that "I paid for it, I'm damn well keeping it"

If I could export, I'd say, "I've paid for *insert list of songs you like*, and they've given me the option of having *insert list of songs you think suck* as a bonus. Thank you kindly, but I decline."
    edited November 2009
    DerTommissar;3288895 said:
    If I could export, I'd say, "I've paid for *insert list of songs you like*, and they've given me the option of having *insert list of songs you think suck* as a bonus. Thank you kindly, but I decline."
    If I were inserted in that theory, I'd be saying "I've paid for 55 of the Rock Band setlist, and have no songs as a bonus."
    As well as "I've paid for 43 songs of the Lego Rock Band setlist I like and one song I somewhat dislike."
    edited November 2009
    SonicRocker15X;3288910 said:

As well as "I've paid for 43 songs of the Lego Rock Band setlist I like and one song I somewhat dislike."
    So how do you feel about the 45th song?
    edited November 2009
    GNFfhqwhgads;3289023 said:
    So how do you feel about the 45th song?
    Every time I've looked at LRB it said there were 44 songs.
    edited November 2009
    SonicRocker15X;3289041 said:
    Every time I've looked at LRB it said there were 44 songs.
    Count with me.

1. "A-Punk"
    2. "Accidentally In Love"
    3. "Aliens Exist"
    4. "Breakout"
    5. "Check Yes Juliet"
    6. "Crash"
    7. "Crocodile Rock"
    8. "Dig"
    9. "Dreaming of You"
    10. "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic"
    11. "The Final Countdown"
    12. "Fire"
    13. "Free Fallin'"
    14. "Ghostbusters"
    15. "Girls and Boys"
    16. "Grace"
    17. "I Want You Back"
    18. "In Too Deep"
    19. "Kung Fu Fighting"
    20. "Let's Dance"
    21. "Life is a Highway"
    22. "Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me)"
    23. "Monster"
    24. "Na
  • ParodygmParodygm Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Metallichris71;3286793 said:
    Woooah, wait a minute.

Welcome to PS3 World. :p
  • AngryWormAngryWorm Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    kitlerc;3287067 said:

I had no issue purging the plague called 'Orange Crush' off my hard drive. That was my first order of business after I ripped RB1.
    edited November 2009
    [QUOTE=GNFfhqwhgads;3289057]Count with me.

1. "A-Punk"
    2. "Accidentally In Love"
    3. "Aliens Exist"
    4. "Breakout"
    5. "Check Yes Juliet"
    6. "Crash"
    7. "Crocodile Rock"
    8. "Dig"
    9. "Dreaming of You"
    10. "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic"
    11. "The Final Countdown"
    12. "Fire"
    13. "Free Fallin'"
    14. "Ghostbusters"
    15. "Girls and Boys"
    16. "Grace"
    17. "I Want You Back"
    18. "In Too Deep"
    19. "Kung Fu Fighting"
    20. "Let's Dance"
    21. "Life is a Highway"
    22. "Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me)"
    23. "Monster"
    24. "Na
  • NakedFeckersNakedFeckers Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I deleted 4-5 songs from RB1. Not my taste at all. There are only 17 songs from LEGO: RB that I really like as of today. The others might grow on me but the below songs are what people will want to play and hear during a RB Party. I will most likely pay the $50-$60+ and the extra $10 to export because I am freak for Rock Band.

Blink-182, “Aliens Exist”
    Blur, “Song 2”
    Bon Jovi, “You Give Love a Bad Name”
    Bryan Adams, “Summer of 69”
    Carl Douglas, “Kung Fu Fighting”
    Europe, “The Final Countdown”
    Good Charlotte, “Girls & Boys”
    Jackson 5, “I Want You Back”
    Jimi Hendrix, “Fire”
    Katrina & The Waves, “Walking on Sunshine”
    The Police, “Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic”
    Queen, “We Are The Champions”
    Queen, “We Will Rock You”
    Ray Parker Jr., “Ghostbusters”
    Spin Doctors, “Two Princes”
    Tom Petty, “Free Fallin”
    We the Kings, “Check Yes Juliet”
  • rileN95xrileN95x Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    If ya have Rockband sessions its great variety either way, you'd be surprised that alot of them actually grow on you. I never heard of half the bands in Rockband when I bought it but Coheed & Cambria stuck out from Rockband 1. A7X I was never really keen on but Almost Easy done it for me & I have their entire discography & whats worse,Ive developed a weird but strange appreciation for Duran Duran because of RB2,Im just giving it a few days for Lego Rockband now that I have it in Rockband 2
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited December 2009
    taylorlee;3287053 said:

It would probably cost them a lot less to re-use the song ripping tool from Rock Band 1 again, factoring in the large filesize and the bandwidth appropriations.

It also gives players the ability to select which songs they would like to keep.
    1) This model gets people buying new copies of LRB instead of renting them for the export.

2) Files are hosted by Sony and MS, not HMX.

3) They are almost effectively using the same export tool used in the Track Packs, so it's development money already spent.

4) An in game model that allowed you to do this would be preferable to a file management solution, especially since a file management solution really only works on the 360 anyway.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    taylorlee;3287053 said:
    By using the existing console marketplaces, the export becomes a part of your purchase history.

Therefore if you sell/lose/break the disc, you are still able to re-download the songs.

It's far more convenient in the long run to do it this way.
  • CUBS!!CUBS!! Opening Act
    edited December 2009