Lego Rock Band Songs in Rock Band 2?

Eric25Eric25 Unsigned
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
First off, i don't know if someone already post this thread so sorry if im posting the same question again it again.

Ok here's the the thing, i have Rock Band 2 for the Wii and i heard that you can export the songs on Lego rock band into rock band 2 but, I don't know if this is true or not.

Someone please tell me if this is true or if this is one of those impossibe things the Wii can't do once again... :(

Also if this is possible, please tell me with all the basics.

Thank You

Comments

• andybogardngandybogardng Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Sorry, export to RB2 or import of RB DLC is not available for the Wii... :(
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    ...and every Wii owner here knows what you're going through. :(

On the plus side, the game's still awesome. I just finished the story mode: It was fantastically fun.

I'm more ticked about the lack of an ingame music store on Wii.
  • JixzerJixzer Hillbilly Deluxe
    edited November 2009
    I think I know why there is no Wii Music Store for LRB. If I remember correctly, Nintendo does not allow duplicate files, which is why there are no "bundles" when artist packs or albums are released. Since all the songs available for LRB are also made available for RB2, having the same song in both stores would violate the duplicates rule.

Now, if LRB still lets you use your other DLC, I really don't see the issue. You just download the song from the RB2 store and enjoy. If you can't use your DLC, well yea, that kind of sucks. :)
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited November 2009
    LRB can't use DLC on Wii either.
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Jixzer;3287326 said:
    If you can't use your DLC, well yea, that kind of sucks. :)
    And suck it does.

It's a tribute to how fun this game is that I'd *still* recommend it to Wii owners even though the Wii version has inferior graphics and can only use the disc's setlist.
  • Jet BlankJet Blank Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Jixzer;3287326 said:
    I think I know why there is no Wii Music Store for LRB. If I remember correctly, Nintendo does not allow duplicate files, which is why there are no "bundles" when artist packs or albums are released. Since all the songs available for LRB are also made available for RB2, having the same song in both stores would violate the duplicates rule.
    So what would that mean for Rock Band 3?
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Jet Blank;3288041 said:
    So what would that mean for Rock Band 3?
    That would most likely mean that they'd have to find a way to convince Nintendo to allow the two games to use the exact same files, just allowing the ones played in RB3 to download to an SDHC (hopingly).
  • Ezekiel17Ezekiel17 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Jixzer;3287326 said:

Now, if LRB still lets you use your other DLC, I really don't see the issue. You just download the song from the RB2 store and enjoy. If you can't use your DLC, well yea, that kind of sucks. :)
    Thats not entirely true, you can buy DLC bundles in Guitar Hero 5.
  • JixzerJixzer Hillbilly Deluxe
    edited November 2009
    Ezekiel17;3288555 said:
    Thats not entirely true, you can buy DLC bundles in Guitar Hero 5.
    Yea, but only the bundles. You don't have the option to buy the songs in the bundles individually. It's all or nothing. That's only if I'm remembering correctly.
  • Ezekiel17Ezekiel17 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Jixzer;3289159 said:
    Yea, but only the bundles. You don't have the option to buy the songs in the bundles individually. It's all or nothing. That's only if I'm remembering correctly.
    Actually, I think there are options. You can buy song packs which are usually themed or are all songs by one or a mix of artists. Or you can buy one of the "Special Offers" song packs, suck as 25 songs from Band Hero or the most popular songs from World Tour or Smash Hits. The songs in the song packs can be bought individually for 200 points each or bought in the bundle. The "Special Offers," however, can only be bought as one big download. But it actualy doesn't seem like a bad deal considering how cheap the "Special Offers" are. The only downside I can think of is that you'll probably need to buy separate 2 Gig SD Mem Card for the "Special Offers" since they have so many songs...