Old Navy/Lego success!

kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
edited December 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
Just got back from old navy and I got my free lego rock band!

I spent 4 hours in the cold... I was first in line. Ha hahahahah!

Comments

• kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited November 2009
    I stood out there for 3 hours and my Old Navy only had 25 copies.

I did not get one. I am not pleased right now.
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Were the RB t-shirts on sale any good?
  • Die-Guitar-HeroDie-Guitar-Hero Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I stood out there for 10 minutes and easily got my copy for xbox. There were at least 100 people in line but no one was really that concerned about getting the wristbands. I slipped through and grabbed one, bought a belt and some socks, and went straight to checkout. They had a crate full of games. Now I intend to return this unopened copy to Gamestop! I promise to reinvest the money I get back into Rock Band, Harmonix!

Some tips for west coasters who are still thinking about the promotion:
    Even if you get the wrong color wristband (not one of your desired platform) if you are quick about making it to check out they will swap it out for what you want. Just be persistent. Even though the lady who checked me out wouldn't swap it I stood there just beyond checkout until someone else offered to swap it for me.
  • wrldindstries302wrldindstries302 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Die-Guitar-Hero;3287536 said:
    I stood out there for 10 minutes and easily got my copy for xbox. There were at least 100 people in line but no one was really that concerned about getting the wristbands. I slipped through and grabbed one, bought a belt and some socks, and went straight to checkout. They had a crate full of games. Now I intend to return this unopened copy to Gamestop! I promise to reinvest the money I get back into Rock Band, Harmonix!

Some tips for west coasters who are still thinking about the promotion:
    Even if you get the wrong color wristband (not one of your desired platform) if you are quick about making it to check out they will swap it out for what you want. Just be persistent. Even though the lady who checked me out wouldn't swap it. I stood there at checkout and someone else said they would.
    haha you actually think that'll work?
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Rich T.;3287534 said:
    Were the RB t-shirts on sale any good?
    There was an awesome black one with a blue/purple guitar logo. But it was a buy 2 get 1 free. Not paying 17.50 for a shirt
    edited November 2009
    I might have gone crazy, but I just used my export code but it didn't take any of my microsoft points... I think I just got a free export...
    edited November 2009
    wrldindstries302;3287539 said:
    haha you actually think that'll work?
    Yes, because I already bought it the day it came out and still have my receipt. Gamestop accepts any unopened merchandise within 30 days with a receipt.
    edited November 2009
    kitlerc;3287541 said:
    I might have gone crazy, but I just used my export code but it didn't take any of my microsoft points... I think I just got a free export...
    Haha, welcome to Lego RB. You still have to buy it from the Lego Rock Band Store. There are two export codes.
    edited November 2009
    Die-Guitar-Hero;3287544 said:
    Haha, welcome to Lego RB. You still have to buy it from the Lego Rock Band Store. There are two export codes.
    Guess I'll find out when I get back to school... on Sunday...
  • AmatorAmator Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Success! I'm in Greenville SC and we have two Old Navy stores. I figured that 1:30 was early enough but by the time I got to the first store there were already 30+ people in line so I decided to drive to the other ON. Got there at 1:55 and there were only 10 people ahead of me. Xbox bands ran out before the others but fortunenately I got mine with no problem. Since the largest RB tshirts they had were XL I bought a pair of slippers.

Totally worth an hour out in moderate cold. I layered and had a big coffee, so I was never even cold.
  • WhizKidRavenWhizKidRaven Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    There was a GAP near mine open @ Midnight so people walked over to Old Navy just to check on things and apparently they gave all the wristbands away before I got there @ 1:30. There were like 3 people in line ahead of me when I got there and we didn't find out there were no wristbands left until 2:30. YAY!
  • Tuxedo717Tuxedo717 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I'm kind of wondering what i should do about this...

there's an old navy store in the mall, and the mall opens at 6am today....is that when i should expect old navy to open or did they have especially earlier hours for this promotion? did anyone else go to an old navy in the mall, or was this for stand alone old navy's?
  • AmatorAmator Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Tuxedo717;3287564 said:
    I'm kind of wondering what i should do about this...

there's an old navy store in the mall, and the mall opens at 6am today....is that when i should expect old navy to open or did they have especially earlier hours for this promotion? did anyone else go to an old navy in the mall, or was this for stand alone old navy's?
    It's been my experience that if the store has it's own non-mall entrance, then yes, it will open earlier on BF than the rest of the mall, but if it is a "landlocked" store, then you will have to wait until the mall opens.

I just noticed that the receipt where I bought my slippers to get $20 doesn't have anything about LRB. I wonder if it would be unethical to return the slippers and keep the game.
  • Tuxedo717Tuxedo717 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    yea you have to enter the mall proper before you can get into old navy so i guess 6 is when it opens, that sucks though, now i have to stay up even later >_< im hoping 2 hours early is good enough for an xbox lego rock band...
  • cutmaclasscutmaclass Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I'm in Manhattan. I was first in line, but my line was small anyway and it looked like they had a lot of leftover wristbands. I only had to show up two hours before opening to get a good spot...

Definitely too easy... :D Very pleased to have gotten LRB finally without having to pay for it directly. Totally worth it. Also picked up a nice pair of lined khakis and a blazer....
  • west siidewest siide Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I got to my ON at 2:40 and still got my game. Posted my story in the tacked ON promo thread - but I think as my locale was in a mall and there was confusion about what entrance to go in, it helped me as I was surprised that I was able to get a wristband.

Depends on your locale, but something to keep in mind for the west coasters...
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited November 2009
    kitlerc;3287541 said:
    Redeeming the export codes doesn't cost anything, that just gives you the export license key file. But now you have to start up the game, go into the in-game Music Store, and actually download the Export Pack, which contains the songs. That's where you'll pay the $10.
    edited November 2009
    davidshek;3287933 said:
    Redeeming the export codes doesn't cost anything, that just gives you the export license key file. But now you have to start up the game, go into the in-game Music Store, and actually download the Export Pack, which contains the songs. That's where you'll pay the $10.
    Thank you for letting me know.
  • idlephaseidlephase Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Die-Guitar-Hero;3287536 said:
    They had a crate full of games. Now I intend to return this unopened copy to Gamestop! I promise to reinvest the money I get back into Rock Band, Harmonix!
    You should double check that the barcodes are the same. The copies of RB2 they had featured an alternate barcode sticker under the wrapper.
  • supersonic1414supersonic1414 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    kitlerc;3287530 said:
    Just got back from old navy and I got my free lego rock band!

I spent 4 hours in the cold... I was first in line. Ha hahahahah!
    4 hours of my time, in the cold is worth WAY MORE than $50. Unreal...
    edited November 2009
    supersonic1414;3287964 said:
    I'm just insane like that
  • cutmaclasscutmaclass Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    supersonic1414;3287964 said:
    Because on average you make more than 12.50/hr on any given day at midnight? :p
  • odd-propsodd-props Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    free?

I thought you had to buy $20 worth of low quality crap that costs a dime to make by kids in a sweatshop.
    edited November 2009
    odd-props;3287990 said:
    free?

I thought you had to buy $20 worth of low quality crap that costs a dime to make by kids in a sweatshop.
    I get my pants from old navy anyway. And those pants last a while for me. My mom got some clothes she loves too, and (since she paid for it) the game was free for me. xD
  • AlishkillAlishkill Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Only had to wait 2 hours for my x-box version, Wii ones ran out after only 10 people I think.
  • whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited November 2009
    kingtonyx;3287533 said:
    I stood out there for 3 hours and my Old Navy only had 25 copies.

I did not get one. I am not pleased right now.
    Same. About a good 2 dozen people away from even getting a wristband, who knows how far away from actually getting one for one of the seven 360 copies they had.
  • war_lordwar_lord Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I managed to swipe a copy at the one here in Memphis. Got out there at about 12:00 or so and hung out until time and was about the 30th of the 50 to get wristbands. Knocked out 2 presents and bought an RB shirt for myself as well, and then had time to swing by the nearby Target and snatch up a copy of RB: Unplugged for $7 while I was at it. Got some other stuff elsewhere as well, once the craziness had started to die down. All in all, it was a pretty good Black Friday :)
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Geez, people. I dunno, I'd rather NOT wait in line. It isn't cold here, so no worries there, but eh.... Old Navy does have clothes I like, but it's easier just to pay for it.
    cutmaclass;3287976 said:
    I get paid more than that with my full time job, so yeah... I'd rather be home. And playing my Lego songs. I've already owned the game for over 2 weeks. :p
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited November 2009
    cutmaclass;3287976 said:
    Some things are worth more than money. ;)
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited November 2009
    whypick1;3288065 said:
    Same. About a good 2 dozen people away from even getting a wristband, who knows how far away from actually getting one for one of the seven 360 copies they had.
    Sucks. Hey, at least I did get a nice cold out of the deal...