Hysteria, Rock n Roll Star, possibly other songs crash Xbox

Least100SeraphsLeast100Seraphs Unsigned
edited January 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
Hey, so LRB is broken in yet another way.

If you load the PAL Xbox 360 Lego Rock Band and go to Freeplay, and try to play Hysteria or Rock n Roll Star, you'll get a disc is unreadable error, and then you'll get booted out to the dash.

Hilarious.

Comments

• EDDSEDDS Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    well it just happened to me, 15 songs through the endless set list and bam, disc unreadable error.
  • SveppiSveppi Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    OrdealByFire;3290029 said:
    Muse is overrated as all hell.
    Same could be said about Oasis, but IMO they're much more fun to listen to.
    How is this in anyway relevant?

HMX or Tt should get on this issue and fix it.
  • Soy_BobSoy_Bob Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    jimbury;3290143 said:
    isn't the endless setlist just ondisk songs anyway? not got there yet so i don't know for sure, but thats the way its always been before
    Endless Setlist is 30 random songs. There's also a Rock Marathon setlist which is 15 random songs.
  • IanC14IanC14 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Soy_Bob;3290138 said:
    It's only happening on songs that were in that first Euro pack that were included with RB1, IE Muse and Oasis. The regular Rock Band 1 songs work just fine.
    Well screw it, im deleting (or at least moving them to my memory card, if thats possible) those two songs from my hard drive. Never really played them that much anyway.
  • jimburyjimbury Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Soy_Bob;3290171 said:
    Endless Setlist is 30 random songs. There's also a Rock Marathon setlist which is 15 random songs.
    i see, thanks.
  • MushroomMushroom Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    God, that's really dissapointed me. I like a lot of the Euro pack songs, It's gonna be so annoying having them crash my game. I hope this can be patched somehow
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    OrdealByFire;3290029 said:
    Muse is overrated as all hell.
    Same could be said about Oasis, but IMO they're much more fun to listen to.
    Since when is being rated highly by a lot of people a bad thing?
    edited November 2009
    Mushroom;3290311 said:
    God, that's really dissapointed me. I like a lot of the Euro pack songs, It's gonna be so annoying having them crash my game. I hope this can be patched somehow
    Muse and Oasis are the only two from the pack that "work" in LRB. Monsoon also works, but of course, that song is US only now.
    edited November 2009
    Soy_Bob;3290426 said:
    Muse and Oasis are the only two from the pack that "work" in LRB. Monsoon also works, but of course, that song is US only now.
    That's weird

What's wrong with all the rest of the songs? I guess there's questionable content that I don't understand due to the language barrier. I mean, I understand why a song based on A Clockwork Orange (Hiew Kommt Alex) wouldn't make it through, but stuff like Perfect Welle (Perfect Wave) or Countdown to Insanity
    edited November 2009
    Mushroom;3290474 said:
    That's weird

What's wrong with all the rest of the songs? I guess there's questionable content that I don't understand due to the language barrier. I mean, I understand why a song based on A Clockwork Orange (Hiew Kommt Alex) wouldn't make it through, but stuff like Perfect Welle (Perfect Wave) or Countdown to Insanity
    Most of the content filter doesn't make sense.
  • DecoratedWhaleDecoratedWhale Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I thought there was something wrong with my disc, was gonna exchange it tommorw. I hope this is fixed soon Hysteria & Rock 'n' roll star are 2 of my most played songs.
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Doesn't sound like something that can't be patched.
  • DriscDrisc Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I have the same problem, I tried deleting the files and re exporting from RB1 but it made no difference
  • IanC14IanC14 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    CloudWolf;3291028 said:
    Doesn't sound like something that can't be patched.
    We don't know though. It could be just something to do with how the game reads the files - its expecting some kind of DLC code which isn't in the files, maybe?

That could be patched, maybe.
  • AraknidXAraknidX Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Wow so glad I'm not the only one lol. Was going to get the disc exchanged tomorrow.

Hopefully it'll get patched soon. I guess the only workaround atm is to either delete those two tracks or move them to a memory card.
  • IanC14IanC14 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    AraknidX;3293004 said:
    guess the only workaround atm is to either delete those two tracks or move them to a memory card.
    Yep, that fixes it. You need around 70MB of space on a memory card though to store both files.
  • HaribokartHaribokart Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Pretty much proof that they never properly test anything for us idiots outside the US.
    edited November 2009
    I've been trying to draw Harmonix's attention to this thread, lets hope we get a response soon.
  • SaikredSaikred Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Glad I read this before taking it back to GAME and having a rage at them lol.

Hope this gets fixed soon, don't have Rock n Roll star, but Hysteria is one of my most played songs in RB2
  • miche.csmiche.cs Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Haribokart;3293242 said:
    Pretty much proof that they never properly test anything for us idiots outside the US.
    With the amount of DLC available they couldn't possibley test that each one actually worked a-ok and 100% with the game. Particularly when the majority of the game wasn't even made in house at Harmonix. It has nada to do with them not testing anything for people outside of the USA.
  • kruegerbaitkruegerbait Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Drisc;3292135 said:
    I have the same problem, I tried deleting the files and re exporting from RB1 but it made no difference
    You have to delete the saved song cache as well, if you don't it still thinks the songs are still there.
  • Spidey987Spidey987 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    miche.cs;3295095 said:
    With the amount of DLC available they couldn't possibley test that each one actually worked a-ok and 100% with the game. Particularly when the majority of the game wasn't even made in house at Harmonix. It has nada to do with them not testing anything for people outside of the USA.
    This isn't DLC for us, it's exported RB1 tracks. When they allowed RB1 tracks to be played in the game, they should have realised there's more than one version of Rock Band 1 out there. You'd think someone on TT's side would have noticed though considering they're a British company but then who knows which side of the Atlantic did the bug testing.
  • AndyyAndyy Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Yup, happening to me also, hope this gets fixed, two great songs I enjoy playing, would love to see lego guys rocking out to Hysteria!
    edited November 2009
    As Harmonix are checking threads here, it might be worth bumping this up so they can see, and possibly give an offical word.
  • AndyyAndyy Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Bump, can we get this fixed please, you thin the number of songs available in the game, which increases the chances these songs pop up in random setlists, then we get bent over the couch because of it :( I've crashed 5 times today against my will, pleeeeeeeease get this fixed.
  • edited November 2009
    Sveppi;3290165 said:

HMX or Tt should get on this issue and fix it.
    We're on it! I passed this along to our QA team as soon as the first post went up. I should have more info tomorrow and I'll post updates as soon as I have them.
  • Least100SeraphsLeast100Seraphs Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I made a new thread that I thought would be easier to see, but I'll repost the info here to make it simpler. Feel free to close the other one :)

Hi HMX,

Please note that the EU version of Lego Rock Band crashes at the loading screen with a "disc is dirty" error whenever you choose, or the game randomly chooses, the songs Hysteria or Rock n Roll Star.

We believe this is because in the US, those two songs are DLC, whereas in EU/AU, the songs are RB1 export songs. The EU version of LRB didn't have the necessary changes made to it to accomodate this, and as such will give the error, and forces the player to exit to the dashboard. This can be very frustrating if you land these songs during a 15 or 30 song setlist!

So far, the workaround for the 360 version is to:

1. delete the two songs or move them to a memory unit.
    2. delete and recreate the DLC song cache.

As I don't own a PS3 I can't give advice there, though I've heard the PS3 version does not allow for individual song deletion.
  • Spidey987Spidey987 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Thanks for the update HMXHenry.
  • IanC14IanC14 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    HMXHenry;3297228 said:
    We're on it! I passed this along to our QA team as soon as the first post went up. I should have more info tomorrow and I'll post updates as soon as I have them.
    Thanks for the update :)
  • B_WallaceB_Wallace Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    This problem is not just in the 360 game. In PS3 PAL happens the same.