Hysteria, Rock n Roll Star, possibly other songs crash Xbox

Least100SeraphsLeast100Seraphs Unsigned
edited January 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
Hey, so LRB is broken in yet another way.

If you load the PAL Xbox 360 Lego Rock Band and go to Freeplay, and try to play Hysteria or Rock n Roll Star, you'll get a disc is unreadable error, and then you'll get booted out to the dash.

Hilarious.

Comments

• vitamins999vitamins999 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    At least I'm not the only one....

It isn't just restricted to Freeplay, either. I chose Hysteria in a Choose Your Own Setlist in Story Mode and it gave that damn disc read error.
  • jimburyjimbury Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    don't choose hysteria again then, you've got 2 other games you can play it in.
  • Spidey987Spidey987 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    jimbury;3289533 said:
    That's all very well but what if it appears in a random setlist?
  • Awesome_TreeAwesome_Tree Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Good thing I never had liked those songs.
    edited November 2009
    Spidey987;3289552 said:
    That's all very well but what if it appears in a random setlist?
    have a little cry and start again.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited November 2009
    jimbury;3289533 said:
    Fairly big assumption that he has any other games to play it in. If someone pays two dollars for a song that appears in the LRB store, I think it's only fair that he can play it in LRB.
    edited November 2009
    bigmf;3289619 said:
    Fairly big assumption that he has any other games to play it in. If someone pays two dollars for a song that appears in the LRB store, I think it's only fair that he can play it in LRB.
    i didn't assume anything, he said pal version therefore its an on-disk song.

edit: and as its appearing in lego its been exported: ergo - 2 other games to play it in.
  • FOADFOAD Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I also have this problem. Whether or not people have another game they can play the song in is irrelevant. HMX should fix this.
  • IanC14IanC14 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I have had a "disc unreadable" error twice now. Both times it was when loading a song during a random setlist - im guessing it was when it was loading one of those songs. Boo....
  • OrdealByFireOrdealByFire Banned
    edited November 2009
    Muse is overrated as all hell.
    Same could be said about Oasis, but IMO they're much more fun to listen to.
    edited November 2009
    jimbury;3289728 said:
    edit: and as its appearing in lego its been exported: ergo - 2 other games to play it in.
    If you have two other games to play it in, RB1 in particular would have been sold on by a lot people.

You can try to sugar coat it all you want, this is a real issue and they'll be no workarounds for a fair few people.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    WhinerByNature;3290029 said:
    You are too useful sometimes, you know that? :D

Anywho, this is definitely an issue for those into the mystery setlists and the biggie, Endless Setlist. Imagine if the 30th song crashed your game...
    edited November 2009
    monkeyfish;3290038 said:
    Anywho, this is definitely an issue for those into the mystery setlists and the biggie, Endless Setlist. Imagine if the 30th song crashed your game...
    Just read about that happening to someone on another forum. If online RB2 is any indication, there's a lot of people who have the RB1 songs imported but have never bothered with DLC. In their cases, you've got roughly 60 songs pooled together, with a 30 song setlist, that's like a 50% chance of your game crashing.
  • Soy_BobSoy_Bob Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Spidey987;3290117 said:
    Just read about that happening to someone on another forum. If online RB2 is any indication, there's a lot of people who have the RB1 songs imported but have never bothered with DLC. In their cases, you've got roughly 60 songs pooled together, with a 30 song setlist, that's like a 50% chance of your game crashing.
    It's only happening on songs that were in that first Euro pack that were included with RB1, IE Muse and Oasis. The regular Rock Band 1 songs work just fine.

This should be fixed, because I'll be pissed if it happens during the Endless Setlist.
    edited November 2009
    isn't the endless setlist just ondisk songs anyway? not got there yet so i don't know for sure, but thats the way its always been before
  • EDDSEDDS Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    well it just happened to me, 15 songs through the endless set list and bam, disc unreadable error.
  • SveppiSveppi Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    OrdealByFire;3290029 said:
    How is this in anyway relevant?

HMX or Tt should get on this issue and fix it.
    edited November 2009
    jimbury;3290143 said:
    isn't the endless setlist just ondisk songs anyway? not got there yet so i don't know for sure, but thats the way its always been before
    Endless Setlist is 30 random songs. There's also a Rock Marathon setlist which is 15 random songs.
  • IanC14IanC14 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Soy_Bob;3290138 said:
    It's only happening on songs that were in that first Euro pack that were included with RB1, IE Muse and Oasis. The regular Rock Band 1 songs work just fine.
    Well screw it, im deleting (or at least moving them to my memory card, if thats possible) those two songs from my hard drive. Never really played them that much anyway.
    edited November 2009
    Soy_Bob;3290171 said:
    Endless Setlist is 30 random songs. There's also a Rock Marathon setlist which is 15 random songs.
    i see, thanks.
  • MushroomMushroom Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    God, that's really dissapointed me. I like a lot of the Euro pack songs, It's gonna be so annoying having them crash my game. I hope this can be patched somehow
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    OrdealByFire;3290029 said:
    Since when is being rated highly by a lot of people a bad thing?
    edited November 2009
    Mushroom;3290311 said:
    God, that's really dissapointed me. I like a lot of the Euro pack songs, It's gonna be so annoying having them crash my game. I hope this can be patched somehow
    Muse and Oasis are the only two from the pack that "work" in LRB. Monsoon also works, but of course, that song is US only now.
  • MushroomMushroom Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Soy_Bob;3290426 said:
    Muse and Oasis are the only two from the pack that "work" in LRB. Monsoon also works, but of course, that song is US only now.
    That's weird

What's wrong with all the rest of the songs? I guess there's questionable content that I don't understand due to the language barrier. I mean, I understand why a song based on A Clockwork Orange (Hiew Kommt Alex) wouldn't make it through, but stuff like Perfect Welle (Perfect Wave) or Countdown to Insanity
    edited November 2009
    Mushroom;3290474 said:
    That's weird

What's wrong with all the rest of the songs? I guess there's questionable content that I don't understand due to the language barrier. I mean, I understand why a song based on A Clockwork Orange (Hiew Kommt Alex) wouldn't make it through, but stuff like Perfect Welle (Perfect Wave) or Countdown to Insanity
    Most of the content filter doesn't make sense.
  • DecoratedWhaleDecoratedWhale Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I thought there was something wrong with my disc, was gonna exchange it tommorw. I hope this is fixed soon Hysteria & Rock 'n' roll star are 2 of my most played songs.
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Doesn't sound like something that can't be patched.
  • DriscDrisc Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I have the same problem, I tried deleting the files and re exporting from RB1 but it made no difference
  • IanC14IanC14 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    CloudWolf;3291028 said:
    Doesn't sound like something that can't be patched.
    We don't know though. It could be just something to do with how the game reads the files - its expecting some kind of DLC code which isn't in the files, maybe?

That could be patched, maybe.
  • AraknidXAraknidX Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Wow so glad I'm not the only one lol. Was going to get the disc exchanged tomorrow.

Hopefully it'll get patched soon. I guess the only workaround atm is to either delete those two tracks or move them to a memory card.