Dlc 12/25/07

edited January 2008 in Announcements
Hey all,

Hope you are having some good time off or will be soon. Below is the press release for tomorrow's DLC. As mentioned before the DLC will come out on Xbox marketplace on Tuesday and on Playstation store next week (along with next week's regularly scheduled DLC) due to Sony's offices being closed this week for the holidays. At any rate enjoy the DLC and I'll be back later this week!

Happy holidays,
Sean

Harmonix and MTV Games want you to ring in the holiday cheer with a
special Rock Band gift. For a limited time, fans and
gamers can purchase tracks from platinum-plus-selling rock act 30
Seconds To Mars, pop-punkers All-American Rejects and Swedish new-wavers
The Sounds at a special holiday price of $0.99 per song (80 Microsoft
Points per track for Xbox 360).

Starting tomorrow, there will be a total of five new songs available.
They are:

"Attack" - 30 Seconds To Mars (from 2005's A Beautiful Lie)
"The Kill" - 30 Seconds To Mars (from 2005's A Beautiful Lie)
"Dirty Little Secret" - All-American Rejects (from 2005's Move Along)
"Move Along" - All-American Rejects (from 2005's Move Along)
"Song With A Mission" - The Sounds (from 2006's Dying To Say This To
You)

Comments

• williams22williams22 Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    This is the best you could do for a Christmas release?
  • RastamanDRastamanD Unsigned
    edited December 2007
  • OrdnalacOrdnalac Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    Thanks Sean. Happy Holidays. I'll have them next week (PS3)
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner
    edited December 2007
  • grim88grim88 Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    I like the price, but i'm not a fan of any of those bands.

I do need to get the CCR and Foreigner though.
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited December 2007

I kinda like this song.
  • v1g1lance1v1g1lance1 Road Warrior
    edited December 2007
    I think Move Along will be a blast to expert drum to. I'll be getting all of these.

Thanks HMX.

Ian
  • EliteXFactorEliteXFactor Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    Cool, I'm fine with those songs...I'm not familiar with the sounds except the chick singer is hot. Some side boob action in that snakes on a plane song.
  • NinegaugerNinegauger Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    The Sounds! More Swedes please... give me Shout Out Louds and I'll love you forever
  • nsaucdiv151nsaucdiv151 Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    williams22;210628 said:
    This is the best you could do for a Christmas release?
    Wow ungrateful. Be happy we're getting anything on Christmas. In fact, be happy we're getting so much DLC period. They're putting a lot of work into giving us new content.
  • KaneTakerKaneTaker Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    Never heard of them, hate them, and never heard of them. Great week of DLC...*sigh* Guess I could look up the guys I haven't heard on YouTube and hope their any good...cause All-American Rejects are pop-punk drek.
  • Alonzo1948Alonzo1948 Rising Star
    edited December 2007
    When the songs come out for the PS3 will it still be $.99? I only ask because you said "special holiday price" and it comes out a week later for the PS3.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited December 2007
    Awesome prices for these songs. Too bad I really don't know/like any of the bands. I'm going to check these songs out, see if there are any I like, hopefully there are because I've been looking forward to some new songs for Christmas. And at $0.99 a song, I can't really resist.
    nsaucdiv151;210661 said:
    Wow ungrateful. Be happy we're getting anything on Christmas. In fact, be happy we're getting so much DLC period. They're putting a lot of work into giving us new content.
    Its hard not to be a bit disappointed after such an amazing 5 weeks prior of great DLC. Also the point of DLC is getting music we want, if someone doesn't like it, they should voice their opinion, the DLC is supposed to be pleasing. Arguably it wont always be pleasing to everyone and yes of course Harmonix is working hard to get the DLC out and are doing an amazing job by the way, but people shouldn't have to just sit around and be grateful for whatever we can get if they don't like it.
  • williams22williams22 Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    nsaucdiv151;210661 said:
    I'm certainly grateful for all the DLC, but come on, this is fairly weak for a Christmas day release. Thousands of new people will be getting the game, releasing more DLC would not only be nice for us but profitable for them. They should at least have released the Who album.
    edited December 2007
    The Who album will be coming. Be patient.

For the price, I can't really resist any of these songs. Certainly not my style of music AT ALL, but they should all be pretty fun.
  • greetdeathgreetdeath Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    For Christmas day I find this to be a great disappointment. There are far to many people opening this game on Christmas morning and would've gone nutso to find "Who's Next?" or some classic songs out there.

It would be fine for any old Tuesday, but not Christmas.
  • army_of_mearmy_of_me Rising Star
    edited December 2007
    Actually this release schedule makes a lot of sense. Deeper DLC tracks for the hard core fans who bought the game already (the tracks released up until now), and poppy emo songs for the kiddies who are opening the game on Christmas. And make no mistake, a lot of these songs are popular with the young folks and will be profitable.
  • DesiredFXDesiredFX Road Warrior
    edited December 2007
    Yeah, that's what's got me in a bind: I love the idea of five songs for five bucks, but I really only know two of the songs...

Once we know what's due out on 1-1-08 (assuming that there's more next week, that is), the decision should be easier.
    edited December 2007
    greetdeath;210680 said:
    For Christmas day I find this to be a great disappointment. There are far to many people opening this game on Christmas morning and would've gone nutso to find "Who's Next?" or some classic songs out there.

It would be fine for any old Tuesday, but not Christmas.
    you're wrong. All the teenagers who's parents bought this for them will snap up Move Along and Dirty Little Secrets in seconds.
  • vicpacvicpac Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    Keep the DLC coming! I like the idea of putting out songs from bands that aren't as mainstream at .99. A music marketplace. Its just another way to hear and experience new music. I checked out the clips on Itunes and I definitely will try some of these out.
  • mct685mct685 Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    I feel betrayed. WTF is this ****, honestly. You could at least put one good song with it.
  • sushi111sushi111 Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    DOnt care for the songs, but great prices! My sister will go crazy for these
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited December 2007
    After listening to all of them. 30 Seconds To Mars is really not my taste. I really have never liked Fall Out Boy all that much. But I do kind of like The Sounds, I might get their song, especially since it is only $.99
  • QuastorQuastor Rising Star
    edited December 2007
    I spoke with my future self, and apparently I've already purchased these. Can't pass up $.99!
  • JimmikJimmik Road Warrior
    edited December 2007
    Thanks for the Christmas present Harmonix! Not my particular cup of tea but your heart's in the right place at $.99 a pop :D My sister absolutely loves All-American Rejects so I'm guessing it'll bring the ladies by to play some Rock Band when I get back to the dorm hehe. And the song by the Sounds seems really good.
  • RavagerXRavagerX Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    I REALLY hope they take a break from this punk stuff and anything like it. I don't mind some of it, but I would really like to see something....that more represents ROCK...and not a side genre.

If not that, maybe some blues type music....

Just....please leave punk stuff alone for a while.
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner
    edited December 2007
    WingsOfSteel;210645 said:
    yay. socks.
    um, well. I'd like to amend my previous statement.

yay. four pairs of socks and Song With A Mission.

If I only spend 80 points, that means I'll have more points for Who's Next when it comes out, right?

silver lining. :o
  • willthegreatwillthegreat Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    The price is a great gift...assuming it still holds for the PS3 faithful next week...if that's the case, I'll probably pick these tracks up. Thanks for supporting your product Harmonix!
  • logicalnoiselogicalnoise Road Warrior
    edited December 2007
    as usual you don't have to buy them but I'm sure these songs will be fun. Plus the special price makes it more appealing. I might just stay up late to grab these.
  • lpunderground19lpunderground19 Rising Star
    edited December 2007
    Eh, this DLC sucks compared to what has come out so far. I really really really like Attack, and The Kill is cool, and I'll probably buy those two. As for the others, I'll wait till YouTube vids come up and I'll watch those. Move Along is an okay song, don't like the other two at all. But at least HMX is cool enough to price these at ONE FRIGGIN DOLLAR. That's an awesome Christmas present.
This discussion has been closed.