Dlc 12/25/07

Comments

• rambleon95rambleon95 Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    grateful dead! grateful dead? grateful dead! grateful dead!?!?!?!? WHEN!!!!!!!!! 18 friggin songs to be released and where the heck are they? i mean i reallly dont get it. its the olny reason i bought this game...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.
  • alpakkaalpakka Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    These songs add variety to the set list, and I think most of them look like a blast to play...if you don't like them, don't buy them. It's as simple as that. No one is forcing you to buy every week's DLC.

If you have any musical preferences, you are going to be disappointed some weeks. Sorry :eek:
  • thetroutthetrout Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    In the cause of being open-minded, I went ahead and YouTubed these suckers. I actually ended up liking them more than I thought - not my favorite songs by any stretch, but they should be jolly good fun to play. They're guilty pleasures, to be sure, but pleasures nonetheless.
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited December 2007
    rambleon95;210813 said:
    grateful dead! grateful dead? grateful dead! grateful dead!?!?!?!? WHEN!!!!!!!!! 18 friggin songs to be released and where the heck are they? i mean i reallly dont get it. its the olny reason i bought this game...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.
    Sorry, but if the only reason you bought the game was for music for a group that has not been released or hasn't even had a date announced, then you have made a terrible mistake and get the results that come along with it.

On the upside, there's some really good non-Dead music in the game you might want to give a listen to... ;)
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited December 2007
    greetdeath;210680 said:
    For Christmas day I find this to be a great disappointment. There are far to many people opening this game on Christmas morning and would've gone nutso to find "Who's Next?" or some classic songs out there.
    I would imagine most people opening it on Christmas Day are going to be too busy blasting through the regular content to worry about what they're going to download.

The weekly DLC complaints remind me of the daily Smash Bros. blog whiners and the moaning every Monday regarding the Wii Virtual Console.

They will never please everybody every time. Frankly I look forward to Dirty Little Secret. Though I too am wondering what's considered "limited time" Does it mean till the New Year or is it something like this week only? I don't have access to my 360 until after the New Years.
  • jr174200jr174200 Road Warrior
    edited December 2007
    Disclaimer: I'm completely cool with HMX releasing diverse DLC for different crowds and understand that I just got lucky in than I was pumped for at least part of every release so far.

That said ...

I'd rather pay extra for songs I want to play than $.99 for songs I won't download anyway. I understand it establishes a precendence for lower priced songs, and that excites peoples, but if that precenence dictates more promotional material from below-average modern bands, count me out. Nothing against modern band, just against these modern bands (All-American Rejects and 30 Seconds to Mars specifically).

I would much rather drop $2.99 for some Zeppelin, Green Day, Modest Mouse, Dead etc. as opposed to $.99 to hear Jordan Catalano's ****ty band (Frozen Embryo's anyone?). Ok, I think I dated myself with that one.
  • DesiredFXDesiredFX Road Warrior
    edited December 2007
    AliceInChained;210810 said:
    Meh, lame.:(

Where's "Who's Next"?
    I imagine--since they've known for a long time that they're going to be releasing the whole album--that they're trying to make sure it's a great "album experience" rather than simply a collection of songs.

I don't know what that would entail, but I do know that what I want from Who's Next is so much excitement from the first playthrough that I immediately want to go back and play the entire album set list again.
  • Deeznutzs27Deeznutzs27 Road Warrior
    edited December 2007
    Expectations blown out of proporsion once again. Shocking.

Another great choice in DLC. Something for everyone is the way to go when your touting the greatest party game of all time.. which it is.

Thanks and Merry Christmas
  • Leo_10thLeo_10th Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    at least i'll get more cowbell with the sounds.. *stoked*
  • dhaelisdhaelis Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    What a fantastic way to discover new music! Although I'm not much of a fan of either 30 Seconds to Mars or the All-American Rejects, I've never heard of The Sounds. However, after doing a little wiki-ing, I found out that they're a New Wave outfit out of Sweden and that Jeff Saltzman (producer of the Killers 'Hot Fuss') also produced their 'Dying to Say This to You' album. I'll definitely be checking that song out tomorrow.

I reiterate: What a way to discover new music!
  • WizarDruWizarDru Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    I'd only heard of AAR before, though I couldn't have named one of their songs to save my life. 30 Seconds to Mars is, to me, generic emo-rock. Couldn't pick them out of a police line-up from My Chemical Romance and so on. Songs aren't bad, but not to my taste.

AAR is better. Some decent hooks, if again kind of generic pop-punk stuff. Not a big Green Day fan either, though their last album was better than some of their older stuff to me.

The Sounds....never heard of them before this, but I liked what I heard. Going to pick this up, I think. Might get AAR, too, at this cheap price. Keep on keeping on, HMX.
  • ThinkSoJoEThinkSoJoE Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    maybe since it's only 80 points, I might get "Drity Little Secret," since it's the only one of these that I'm vaguely familiar with that I don't absolutely despise. When are we getting some GNR is what I want to know!
  • utahlasvegasutahlasvegas Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    this has to be some of the worst music ever released. WTF. They announced the Grateful Dead would be involved with the game in September, what's the damn hold up. Jerry Garcia even looks like Santa Claus.

I hope the teeny bopper BS isn't an every week occurrance.

Why do they release the crappiest tunes possible on xmas day.

Total BS!!!!
  • rambleon95rambleon95 Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    Ultrace;210820 said:
    Sorry, but if the only reason you bought the game was for music for a group that has not been released or hasn't even had a date announced, then you have made a terrible mistake and get the results that come along with it.

On the upside, there's some really good non-Dead music in the game you might want to give a listen to... ;)

listen i love music and lots of songs and the game itself. but since i have been hearing that dead songs will be available to DL months before the game came out i figure there would be some available shortly there after...well the first round came and went now so i can really use a fix with the second round.....i need my dead...please oh please rock band gods!!!!!
  • DabogDabog Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    Yeah I looked up all these bands on youtube and I must say, not impressed. I know that no amount of QQ'n will help anything, but man this sux. I was hoping for something cool for xmas. Good thing I didn't get my hopes up, o wait, nevermind.

This is a good move for the company as a lot of little kids will be getting this and loving it so I do see where they are coming from. How about next week we get the nevermind tracks!!!! Thanks!

Dabog
  • CWattieCWattie Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    AAR Sweet! Those are two awesome songs and I like the others too. Not what I was expecting but pleasantly surprised to see All-American Rejects so all is well. Cool. Thanks everyone at HMX. Happy Holidays!
  • teh_rocteh_roc Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    Not my taste, but ill purchase 3 of them, I'm sure with the varied age groups of people I play with someone might like them.
  • KaneTakerKaneTaker Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    DesiredFX;210827 said:
    I imagine--since they've known for a long time that they're going to be releasing the whole album--that they're trying to make sure it's a great "album experience" rather than simply a collection of songs.

I don't know what that would entail, but I do know that what I want from Who's Next is so much excitement from the first playthrough that I immediately want to go back and play the entire album set list again.
    You know what would be friggin cool? If the full albums included a special performance where it displayed Rock Star-ized versions of the real band members as well as a famous venue they were known to play at. For that, I would buy every single album regardless of who it was. Man that would rock...
  • williams22williams22 Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    Anybody know if you can download these at midnight or not?
  • JoshuaB81285JoshuaB81285 Road Warrior
    edited December 2007
    Nice, loving the 30 Seconds To Mars!
  • Chris_GonzalezChris_Gonzalez Rising Star
    edited December 2007
    The price is right (even though I've decided to buy ALL of the DLC anyway), and provided it stays $.99 for us PS3 users next week, I'll be picking them up with glee. If the price doesn't stay, I'll feel gypped, but I'll get them anyway.
  • Camdog916Camdog916 Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    Sean, Love the AMR songs. I will getting them next week. (PS3)

Do you think you could get some Green Day on the DLC. I am a huge fan of them and I know they have some killer hits. American Idiot, Wake me up when September ends, Jesus of Suburbia is a long song to play and would love to play, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Welcome to Paradise, or Good Riddance (Time of Your Life). Please, Please try and get some of those.
  • Ren_n_ StimpzRen_n_ Stimpz Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    yeah. all overplayed. i've actually seen 30 seconds live. they sound good and Jared Leto (lead singer from 30 seconds) was in fight club so thats pretty cool. All American Rejects i probably won't buy because they have to be the most overplayed band in the world. as for The Sounds, i listened to them and liked what i heard. i wont be singing that song because im a guy and i would fail because i couldnt hit a high note even if my life depended on it.

Nevermind would still be awesome.
  • Valery FayeValery Faye Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    Huh... I certainly didn't see this coming, I was expecting - you know - "Who's Next?" but this was actually a nice surprise. The first $0.99 tracks for Rock Band! YouTube'd them, thought some of them were pretty nice.

Great job Harmonix!
  • ToradtheIdiotToradtheIdiot Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    Though I will not likely purchase any of these songs, I appreciate the effort and dedication Harmonix has shown in keeping with their initial DLC promises. Thank you very much, and Merry Christmas.
  • MarxusMarxus Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    Shoot, I would buy them all for .99 if for nothing else than to support the price. If they were the full price I would prolly still buy 1 or maybe 2, but now I will definitely get them all. Would prefer classic rock personally but my friends playing BWT with me like this sort of stuff.

:)

DLC approved!
  • cpl_reptarcpl_reptar Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    Teh_Nfsjunkie91;210758 said:
    The only reason people are disappointed is because they speculated..

While I can agree with this to an extent as we've seen dozens of posts about 12/25 (hope) DLC the last few days, I believe the reason most folks feel a bit let down is two-fold:

1. The 12/25 really built to mythological proportions because of the nature of the season + there being no announcements prior/speculation. Very high expectations when on-paper there was no reason to really build it up that much

and also because...

2. The previous month's worth of DLC was really pretty great in comparison to 12/25- The bands previously released have staying power of 10-30 years or so. Tough to compare that to 12/25's. I do agree with the one post about throwing in a bone...not just one small track from G&R or Temple of the Dog? ;)

On an up note, it is very cool that there was DLC put out on 12/25 regardless of what it became and the price is excellent. I probably won't buy any of these tracks as it really isn't my thing (even though I own most of the other DLC) but the .99c tag is very generous and I'd like to say thanks none the less.
  • Sgt PepperSgt Pepper Road Warrior
    edited December 2007
    Will it be Who's Next?
    Will it be Nevermind?
    Black Album?
    TSO?

The grand reveal and....

Crickets chirp.

For me, at least, this will be forever remembered as "Epic Fail."
  • SkullfireSkullfire Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    Quick question - if this is for a limited time only, what about your European (future) customers? By the time we get the game and access to the DLC, will the prices for these songs have gone up?
  • Setsu102Setsu102 Rising Star
    edited December 2007
    I may get The Sounds - Song on a Mission, but besides that I don't really care for the rest of the tracks. Very good price point though. :)
This discussion has been closed.