Reaper Audio Exporting Question (stereo)

EvileOLEvileOL Opening Act
edited December 2009 in The Rock Band Network
Hey all, just a small few questions

The stems I have are, for example, the bass is two files (LEFT and RIGHT). I made both these files into one stereo file in Cubase (because im familiar with it), but I was wondering: How do I use two seperate channels, using two (left and right) audio files, and export them as ONE stereo audio file.

I've tried but I just can't figure it out.

Comments

• ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    If I understand your question, this is what I would do in Reaper or Logic, I assume cubase is similar.

Have the mono track you want to be LEFT panned all the way to the left.
    Have the mono track you want to be RIGHT panned all the way to the right.

Then render (or bounce) just those two tracks out to a stereo file (solo just those two tracks).
  • EvileOLEvileOL Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    That IS what I want to do, but when I do the above, it just exports two stereo files, panned left and right.
  • edited November 2009
    I think if you have "Render Master Mix" checked, it'll give you what you want.

EDIT: Oh sorry, I didn't realize that you are doing that in Cubase. I sort of just assume Reaper these days even though I've used Cubase for authoring before. I haven't used Cubase for any audio mix down before.
    edited November 2009
    You are using cubase you said, right?

I don't know cubase very well, but you are saying "it just exports". Sometimes "export" is different from "render" or "bounce".

Can you show me a screenshot of the screen that the program puts up just before it "exports"?

I have a feeling you are not making what I would call a bounce, or render, but you are just exporting tracks.
  • EvileOLEvileOL Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    No I meant Reaper, I just meatn i'd been making stereo files in Cubase for ease in Reaper, I was just wanting to save time and put both seperate files into reaper, then export them later. I will try this and see!
    edited December 2009
    OK in Reaper what you want is definitely called "Render" under the File menu.
  • crskibcucrskibcu Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I accept with information: Have the mono track you want to be LEFT panned all the way to the left. Have the mono track you want to be RIGHT panned all the way to the right.
    crskibcu;3302154 said:
    I accept with information: Have the mono track you want to be LEFT panned all the way to the left. Have the mono track you want to be RIGHT panned all the way to the right.
    crskibcu, this has to stop. I know you are excited about the male enhancement products you want me to try. You've been emailing me at work and at home telling me about them. Now you are trying to particpate in my hobby. I'm not ready for this level of commitment. I need some space. I hope you understand.

-Mister Game