I need help, don't hassle me too much...

edited December 2009 in The Rock Band Network
I hate to sound like a noob, and I know I'm going to get people yelling at me about how stupid I am, but I just downloaded the free trial of Reaper and now I need some help. My main concern right now is this: how do I preview my track - Rockband style?

Comments

• CharronCharron Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    RAWR RAWR YELLING

Sorry. I hate to disappoint. :)

You can preview in Reaper by clicking on the FX button for the guitar/bass/drum MIDI track you want to preview. (The button's green, on the left side.) Make sure you've installed the RBN scripts. There should be an option with RBN in its name; that's the preview window.

If you want to preview in Rock Band itself, you need to compile the song in Magma. You'll need to read up on compiling.
  • edited December 2009
    Thank you so much, that's exactly what I wanted to know! Is there any place that I can read that will specifically guide me through my first song? All of the stuff I find seems to assume I already know what I'm doing...
  • GeneralGilliamGeneralGilliam Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    The only thing out there as of now is the rock band docs, which is really more of an explination rather than a walkthrough. Im on a wii righ now so I cant get you the link, but Im sure someone here will be happy to.
  • jjdude1jjdude1 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Charron;3297075 said:

You can preview in Reaper by clicking on the FX button for the guitar/bass/drum MIDI track you want to preview. (The button's green, on the left side.) Make sure you've installed the RBN scripts. There should be an option with RBN in its name; that's the preview window.
    ok, i need some help, i can't open the preview window. :confused:
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    jjdude1;3317615 said:
    ok, i need some help, i can't open the preview window. :confused:
    I'm assuming you know where the FX button is, right? Just to the right of the track name, after the [IO] and [env] buttons? Good? Good.

Are you using the RBN template? Yes, then it's already there for you. If not, you have to add it to the FX list. Just search for RBN at the bottom of the Add FX window. If you have more than one FX on a track, you'll have to choose the RBN preview FX.

Next, are you on the right track? If you're using an RBN template, the track should be colored and already have a MIDI item in it. If not, you'll have to add it yourself. Don't forget the notes!

Lastly, remember that applying an FX to one track does not apply it to all tracks, so you need to add the preview FX to each instrument's MIDI track.
  • jjdude1jjdude1 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    DavyinaToga;3317673 said:
    I'm assuming you know where the FX button is, right? Just to the right of the track name, after the [IO] and [env] buttons? Good? Good. Ok, i had that down already. haha

Are you using the RBN template? Yes, then it's already there for you. If not, you have to add it to the FX list. Just search for RBN at the bottom of the Add FX window. If you have more than one FX on a track, you'll have to choose the RBN preview FX.
    Ok, im using the RBN template, but it isnt there. I searched it and it also isnt there. :eek:

EDIT: ok, i got it now. I had to re-download the tools.
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    jjdude1;3317687 said:
    Ok, im using the RBN template, but it isnt there. I searched it and it also isnt there. :eek:
    *shrug*
    At this point, all I can think to say is "Screenshot, please?"

EDIT - if you have the template, then you must have the plugin for the preview window... so maybe redownload the Reaper plugin file?