Any suggestions for proper callibrations for the instruments?

RockinRayRockinRay Unsigned
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for callibration numbers for the Wii Instruments? I've tried over & over but my guitar & drum kit don't always go in sync with the notes.

Comments

• Gigli78Gigli78 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Change your batteries?
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited December 2009
    RockinRay;3298182 said:
    Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for callibration numbers for the Wii Instruments?
    Unfortunately, that's not going to work. Everybody's calibration numbers are going to be different, depending on make/model of TV, Audio system, and method of connectivity (component vs. composite etc.).

Does the Wii version of TB:RB not have Auto Calibration when using RB2 or TB:RB guitars?
  • softguitar60softguitar60 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Of course it has auto calibration...
  • k364k364k364k364 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    softguitar60;3298650 said:
    Of course it has auto calibration...
    Don't be so scornful... the Wii is missing some key elements. For example there is no slow down mode when practising a song.

I would say for calibration, pick medium drums and pick a song that has a steady beat. Play to the music, don't play to the note highway. Experiment with manual calibration until it feels ok. Have someone watch for the notes you miss. For example, I miss a lot of snare (red) notes because that is my weak hand, and I also used to convulse my entire body when doing double kick notes :) It's a bit better now.

This will calibrate the audio, you can then fine tune the note highway hitting the now bar by adjusting the video calibration. It's less important (to me) but if it's off it can trick you into pushing or lagging cymbal crashes etc.
  • BrickVaderBrickVader Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I've only auto calibrated the drum kit (that I rarely use, TBH) but I got much better results calibrating the guitar (Hofner bass) at night with the lights off.

Kind of like my love life....

:D
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    BrickVader;3331814 said:
    I've only auto calibrated the drum kit
    I did not think the drum kit could do auto calibration!
    Took me a couple of manual tries to get the calibration good for my TV/Audio. I like to hit the note a ms before it reaches the bar, this way it sounds right to me when playing.
  • BrickVaderBrickVader Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Blasteroids;3331837 said:
    I did not think the drum kit could do auto calibration!
    I'm assuming it did: never had a drum kit before, plugged it in and it worked. Sorted! :)

Mainly play guitar/bass, and of course, only being a medium guitar/hard bass player now (after 3 months practise), missing notes couldn't[I][/I] be my fault so I calibrated the guitar. Got it down from 25ms to 13, seems much better. Now I know any bum notes are indeed, sadly, my fault!

:D
  • xfearbeforexfearbefore Opening Act
    edited December 2009