Can't Use Band Name, No Reason Given

deathmonkeydeathmonkey Road Warrior
edited August 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
Has anybody had this problem? I didn't think there was any online component (gameplay or leaderboards) so why would it deny ANY band name? I decided to change my band name from "Blockheads" to "15 Seconds" but it says I can't use it. Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• GamerZX101GamerZX101 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    if there is no online, what is the problem?
  • Il Pupazzo GnawdIl Pupazzo Gnawd Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    GamerZX101;3301540 said:
    if there is no online, what is the problem?
    This.
    Happy that there is no filter for italian words (at least in RB1 & 2, not sure about L:RB). So I could (and I did) name my bands in all the inappropriate ways :)
  • MattyTMattyT Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    It's all to do with the age filter. My roommate Cassie's character has to be spelled "Cas$ie" to pass through. The whole 'sec' thing is somewhat vague. But online, or lack there of, has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FILTER...it's a separate entity from the online component. It's about being 'family-friendly' and maintaining an E10+ (US) rating.
  • raahsnavjraahsnavj Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I couldn't use anything with the word 'bacon' in it... It would have been nice to know what part I used that wasn't allowed. But I think a general theme in this game is to keep subtle rules no one can figure out (DLC filter, naming, etc)... that and legos.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited December 2009
    Between "bacon" and "seconds," I think the filter is tripping on "con," which...I dunno. In French it's short for "connard" (more or less "jacka**") but...uh...
  • Dragonheart1991Dragonheart1991 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I remember trying to create a replica of The Beatles at one time. It didn't let me use "The Fab Four". Not because it was already used, "Not what you'd call as classy" ******ed much.

Sometimes the band name filter is pretty stupid.
  • OrgasmicOrangeOrgasmicOrange Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I was able to use Orgasmic Orange as my band name on RB2 & LRB if I spelled it: Org@smic Orange.
  • recharge138recharge138 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    This has been an issue since RB1. Very bizarre filtering, but colorful use of number replacements usually work (a band called the QU33Fs used to be a top band on the leaderboards, IIRC).

Kinda weird its still there with no online, tho.
  • OrgasmicOrangeOrgasmicOrange Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    deathmonkey;3298225 said:
    Has anybody had this problem? I didn't think there was any online component (gameplay or leaderboards) so why would it deny ANY band name? I decided to change my band name from "Blockheads" to "15 Seconds" but it says I can't use it. Anyone have any ideas?
    If Blockheads is not able to be used either, try spelling it like this: Blockhe@ds.
  • deathmonkeydeathmonkey Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    OrgasmicOrange;3313050 said:
    If Blockheads is not able to be used either, try spelling it like this: Blockhe@ds.
    I'm using Blockheads. I was trying to change the name to 15 Seconds.
  • taylorleetaylorlee Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Boy, those ESRB people would be screaming for vengeance if they played any game rated "E" with a custom character naming component.

Poor Pokemon games are going to be filtered to the limit, and it's going to be sad.
  • MikachuMikachu Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    taylorlee;3314810 said:
    Boy, those ESRB people would be screaming for vengeance if they played any game rated "E" with a custom character naming component.

Poor Pokemon games are going to be filtered to the limit, and it's going to be sad.
    I still remember the days when Red and Blue came out, and being the immature elementary students we were, we kept naming our Pok
  • rocker820rocker820 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Yeah Audiogasm didn't work for me
  • RampantFrenzyRampantFrenzy Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I got skunked on "coconut"
  • GranndGrannd Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    What's next?

The game shuts down everytime you say dirty words through the mic?
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited December 2009
    Between "Bacon," "Coconut" and "15 Seconds," I'm absolutely sure that "con" is the culprit. Bit silly if you ask me, but there you have it. Maybe if you used a "0" instead of an "O" the filter'll gloss it by.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited December 2009
    recharge138;3313045 said:
    This has been an issue since RB1. Very bizarre filtering, but colorful use of number replacements usually work (a band called the QU33Fs used to be a top band on the leaderboards, IIRC).

Kinda weird its still there with no online, tho.
    It's been an issue far longer than that. The content filers are actually not created or maintained by Harmonix. It's Sony, Microsoft & Nintendo that are responsible for those.
  • packerfan8675309packerfan8675309 Bladder of Steal
    edited December 2009
    what about WGG Radio? I couldnt use that for some reason
  • recharge138recharge138 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, I know its not on HMX (Microsoft in my case), but still curious that its in effect in a non-online game. As someone said earlier, I always gave my characters mature names like a**hole and f***o on the old "family friendly" NES when I was a kid and you could name your character.
  • Thrasher9294Thrasher9294 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Urban Assault! works on RB2, but not Lego Rock Band, oddly.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited December 2009
    I couldn't use Illusionary... any ideas on what its picking up there?
    edited December 2009
    folkeye;3325790 said:
    I couldn't use Illusionary... any ideas on what its picking up there?
    Clearly it thinks you're a member of a secret society formed to protect the secret of the Holy Grail.
  • TheoGeekTheoGeek Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    And you have to spell "basement" "bacement" or else it will reject it (basement.)

But I actually like "Bacement 3AM" better anyway...cuz at 3AM, I'd probably spell it that way anyway... :)
  • deathmonkeydeathmonkey Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    LoopyChew;3321377 said:
    Between "Bacon," "Coconut" and "15 Seconds," I'm absolutely sure that "con" is the culprit. Bit silly if you ask me, but there you have it. Maybe if you used a "0" instead of an "O" the filter'll gloss it by.
    Yep, 15 Sec0nds worked...bizarre...doesn't 30 Seconds to Mars have a Lego compatible song? I can't check cuz I have to find a replacement lamp...;(
  • OakTeaOakTea Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I'd be living in the bassment anyways.

Oh, wait...you couldn't even name your band anything that has the word BASS in it! Wow...
    edited December 2009
    OakTea;3357687 said:
    you couldn't even name your band anything that has the word BASS in it! Wow...
    Duh...
  • BaldzirraBaldzirra Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    RB 2 got mad at me for naming my local band "Vagina Meatball." Told me something like, this isn't considered "classy". blah blah blah can't be used on line......blah blah,.so I have to keep it local.......I wonder why. :) lol!!!!!!
    (clearly I'm kidding here..but we still use the name at home lol)
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited April 2010
    davidshek;3326008 said:
    Clearly it thinks you're a member of a secret society formed to protect the secret of the Holy Grail.
    Then that makes me more awesome than I thought I was! (and that wasn't much!) :D
  • SenseiLeRoofSenseiLeRoof Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I remember being unable to use the names Tempest and Cataclysm. Then I found out there were real (though little-known) bands with those names. The band wound up being Myndless Noize, and all was well.
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Baldzirra;3615805 said:
    "Vagina Meatball."
    Best name ever.