official thread for people who have RESOLVED EXPORT PROBLEMS!

FARTINGMANFARTINGMAN Unsigned
edited December 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
To Everyone who has gone through all of Harmonix's bell and whistles on their website and called tech support and scanned their receipt and spent hours on the phone...only to have their tracks EXPORTED! YES!!!!!! Please post here, guys, right after Santa and the Easter Bunny.

Comments

• gforshawgforshaw Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Sadly, I expect this thread will be devoid of successful exporters.

It's pathetic that Harmonix / MTV / TT / WB release this with such poor organisation behind the export process and then take so long to resolve it.

Shame on them for asking people to jump through hoops to get what they have already paid for.
    Further shame on them because after jumping through these hoops, the people who completed the tasks were STILL left hanging like the rest of us.

Very poor service.
  • iuggiboyiuggiboy Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    when Mobile Me was launched it encountered some problems, in response to this Apple gave us a 60 days more of free service.
    When my site went down for some days, the company gave me a bonus of 10 $ to spend as I wanted to excuse for the interruption of service.
    Should we expect some bonus credit to spend in DLC from HMX?
  • djmagmadjmagma Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    iuggiboy;3298444 said:
    when Mobile Me was launched it encountered some problems, in response to this Apple gave us a 60 days more of free service.
    When my site went down for some days, the company gave me a bonus of 10 $ to spend as I wanted to excuse for the interruption of service.
    Should we expect some bonus credit to spend in DLC from HMX?
    Wishful thinking, but I have my doubts
  • DocFearDocFear Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Shall we expect to have the problem sorted out XD ?
  • lanky316lanky316 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    DocFear;3298456 said:
    Shall we expect to have the problem sorted out XD ?
    Wishful thinking, but I have my doubts... ;)
  • SlaveOfAudioSlaveOfAudio Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I was able to get the songs exported (had some problems along the way), but once I finally did, all of the tracks are just appearing as downloaded songs rather than Lego: Rock Band imported songs. I hope HMX fixes this with an update soon.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited December 2009
    SlaveOfAudio;3298691 said:
    I was able to get the songs exported (had some problems along the way), but once I finally did, all of the tracks are just appearing as downloaded songs rather than Lego: Rock Band imported songs. I hope HMX fixes this with an update soon.
    Theres nothing to fix. Its DLC. You downloaded it from Xbox live.
    edited December 2009
    Ehfahq;3298778 said:
    Theres nothing to fix. Its DLC. You downloaded it from Xbox live.
    Then why do imported Rock Band 1 songs show up as 'Rock Band 1' rather than DLC?
  • Sambo110Sambo110 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    SlaveOfAudio;3298816 said:
    Then why do imported Rock Band 1 songs show up as 'Rock Band 1' rather than DLC?
    Because you didn't download them did you, you exported them.
    edited December 2009
    Regardless of where the files were copied from, the source was Lego: Rock Band. No need to be an ass about it. I used my export code and the export feature to get the songs onto my hard drive.

I just don't see why I can't have the Lego: Rock Band songs distinguishable from my DLC, as my Rock Band 1 songs are.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited December 2009
    SlaveOfAudio;3298838 said:
    Regardless of where the files were copied from, the source was Lego: Rock Band. No need to be an ass about it. I used my export code and the export feature to get the songs onto my hard drive.

I just don't see why I can't have the Lego: Rock Band songs distinguishable from my DLC, as my Rock Band 1 songs are.
    Yes you used your export code to DOWNLOAD the songs.,

Which would make it.......wait for it.........wait for it........

DOWNLOADable content.

Nobody is being an ass about it. Its a simple fact.
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited December 2009
    SlaveOfAudio;3298838 said:

Why does it matter? Why don't you just play the songs regardless of how they're organized? The songs being organized with your DLC doesn't make them any less fun does it?
    edited December 2009
    Ehfahq;3298850 said:

DOWNLOADable content.

Actually, you are being an ass about it. I just want consistency. Since Rock Band, Rock Band 2, and Lego: Rock Band are three separate games, I want to be able to sort the songs by game. DLC works in all three games. It makes no sense to have it all mixed in with Lego: Rock Band songs. I have a ton of DLC and I don't want to have to sift through it all just to play my newly imported Lego songs. I don't care what means HMX forced me to use to import the songs: I just want them to take five minutes to program the sorting functionality that should have been there in the first place. Is it too much to ask for an 'L' next to the Lego songs rather than the DLC arrow?
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited December 2009
    SlaveOfAudio;3299019 said:
    Actually, you are being an ass about it. I just want consistency.
    Heres your consistency:

Every song you DOWNLOAD will be sorted as DLC.
    edited December 2009
    Ehfahq;3299043 said:
    Heres your consistency:

Every song you DOWNLOAD will be sorted as DLC.
    What if I didn't want to download them? What if I wanted to copy them off the disk like RB1? Why would that not be an option in LRB if it was in RB1?

Just forget it. Internet-fighting with argumentative morons isn't going to get me anywhere. I'm contacting HMX about it.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited December 2009
    SlaveOfAudio;3299060 said:
    What if I didn't want to download? What if I wanted to copy them off the disk like RB1? What if you don't care because you only have the Spongebob DLC and don't care about having those songs added to your Lego songs, because you don't have hundreds of songs that you have to manually sift through?

Just forget it. Internet-fighting with argumentative morons isn't going to get me anywhere. I'm contacting HMX about it.
    What if I could fly? What if what if what if. You have no point.

The simple fact is you downloaded the song therefore its DLC.

PS: I have over 770 DLC songs. Its funny youre calling me an ass when you are the ONLY person to throw around insults.
    edited December 2009
    Ehfahq;3299071 said:
    What if I could fly? What if what if what if. You have no point.

The simple fact is you downloaded the song therefore its DLC.

PS: I have over 770 DLC songs. Its funny youre calling me an ass when you are the ONLY person to throw around insults.
    I'm calling you an ass because the fact that you personally don't have an issue with it does not mean that I don't have a valid point. I'm guessing that you never sort by source. I do. I'm sure many others do.

To put this into perspective, I never use lefty flip. So, if lefty flip stopped working, would I care? No. Would I argue that lefty flip doesn't need to be fixed because I personally don't use it? No, that's absurd.

I don't see why you're arguing that importing Lego: Rock Band songs can be classified as DLC. You can't just go into the Music Store and buy the 45-song LRB track pack. It's clearly a special case. Regardless, what difference is it to you? What makes it worth arguing over if you're indifferent?
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited December 2009
    SlaveOfAudio;3299139 said:
    I'm calling you an ass because the fact that you personally don't have an issue with it does not mean that I don't have a valid point.
    You have no idea if I have an issue with it. And you dont have a valid point. Items download from Live are DLC and therefore sorted as DLC. There is nothing to fix.
    I'm guessing that you never sort by source
    I only sort by Location. Dont assume.
    I don't see why you're arguing that importing Lego: Rock Band songs can be classified as DLC.
    Im not arguing, im telling you. Because it is. It doesnt matter where from live you download it. Its DLC. So it will be sorted as such.

What makes it worth arguing over if you're indifferent?
    Who said im indifferent? Oh wait........you did. Because you like to assume and insult people when you cant handle being told the facts.
  • FARTINGMANFARTINGMAN Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    HEY DUMMIES, this is a thread for people who (even though they followed harmonix's directions) still had problems or errors with their export.

The point of this thread is that not a single person who has had errors with their code redemption has had it resolved by harmonix.
  • edited December 2009
    Ehfahq;3299071 said:
    What if I could fly?
    That would be rad.

Sometimes I have dreams where I can fly.

Those guys in the flying suits do a pretty cool job of coming close but it is still just falling with style if you ask me.
  • guitarjackedguitarjacked Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Ehfahq;3298850 said:

DOWNLOADable content.

You are being somewhat pedantic about it, spiltting hairs on a hair metallers head. I kinda see SlaveOfAudio's point. It would make sense to have it listed as L:RB irrespective of the actual physical means of getting the songs on the hard drive. I'm sure this would have been done the same way as RB1 if it wasn't for the threat of resale on release. It would be nice to know how many songs you have bought as DLC without having to remeber 45 of those were from Lego RB (if and when you are lucky enough to be able to export (unlike me).
    FARTINGMAN;3299224 said:
    HEY DUMMIES, this is a thread for people who (even though they followed harmonix's directions) still had problems or errors with their export.

The point of this thread is that not a single person who has had errors with their code redemption has had it resolved by harmonix.
    Sorry, I couldn't help but have my two pennies worth. It does seem that nobody with an issue has reported success but those with nothing to complain about are far less likely to post something about this than those that do (like me).
    edited December 2009
    guitarjacked;3299321 said:
    It would make sense to have it listed as L:RB irrespective of the actual physical means of getting the songs on the hard drive. I'm sure this would have been done the same way as RB1 if it wasn't for the threat of resale on release. It would be nice to know how many songs you have bought as DLC without having to remeber 45 of those were from Lego RB (if and when you are lucky enough to be able to export (unlike me).
    Finally, someone rational! :p
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited December 2009
    guitarjacked;3299321 said:
    I kinda see SlaveOfAudio's point.
    I see his point too. I think it would be nice to have them sorted seperatly. I said this the day I exported. But I never claimed it was broken. Its DLC. So its sorted as such.

The fact is RB2 would have to be patched for a L to show up. There is no artwork in the game for LEGO songs. And it has no way of knowing what songs came from DLC file.

And if it said LEGO, HMX and TT would have to pay a fee.
  • edited December 2009
    FARTINGMAN;3299224 said:
    Name calling, awesome. Definitely a valid reason to have another thread about this issue. Please keep discussion to the existing thread about LRB export issues. Having multiple threads just makes helpful information easier to find.

I've passed along dozens of codes and region info to our Web and QA teams and have been in touch with them all day regarding this issue. Many people have been able to export the LRB tracks on PS3 in the EU, and we are working towards a resolution for the people who are being blocked. Thanks for your patience.
This discussion has been closed.