Is LRB worth keeping after I import the songs?

El StaplesEl Staples Unsigned
edited December 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
I was planning on buying this game after the import problems clear up. (that is if there are any in the U.S.). and I was just wondering, i was gonna import the songs into rock band 2. but is the game worth keeping after I do. I mean, if i import than the songs are all in a different game that has all my RB2 songs, RB1 songs and DLC. I was just wondering. Oh, one more question, is the import code on like a paper or something or do I get it online. I just wanted to know in case i get a used copy that ill still get my code, since i may sell the game if its not worth it after importing i also wanted to know this answer so i know if the person that would buy it after i sell it would still get to import.
Thanks.

Comments

• eke826seke826s Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I haven't played RB2 since I got Lego. I miss some of the songs, but Lego is a better game overall.
  • JixzerJixzer Hillbilly Deluxe
    edited December 2009
    I'm 37 and absolutely love LRB. I would recommend it to anybody.
  • FARTINGMANFARTINGMAN Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I wouldn't know, because the export problems i'm having still haven't been resolved. along with many of us on here.
  • ClipheadCliphead Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Can't you actually play it and decide for yourself?
  • thjimmythjimmy Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Keep the game!

It is a very friendly way to get more people to play RockBand.

I had a bunch of non-believers over for Thanksgiving and had them try LEGO RB. Now my sister and her family are buying LEGO and the RB2 special edition bundle.

Fun graphics and enhanced features make it a huge win as a stand-alone game.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    Cliphead;3300639 said:
    Can't you actually play it and decide for yourself?
    This is ultimately the best answer.
  • El StaplesEl Staples Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    ill rent it first i guess. i havent seen the entire tracklist. (ive heard its good) but i wanna see the song list first. Either way im not getting this game anytime soon. Im already getting 4 games for my PS3 for christmas. (RB2, TB RB, MGS4, and the new ratchet and clank). so ill be set for a while anyway.
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited December 2009
    I'd recommend keeping it after the export. It's a great game. The Lego aspect of it makes it really fun, and it's always good to have around in case you or a friend has a little sibling that wants to play that's not supposed to be listening to anything obscene. The lack of online play doesn't detract from the game much unless you're someone who thrives on online play. I rarely play online so it's not a big deal to me.
  • A New Pyro FoolA New Pyro Fool Forum Comedian
    edited December 2009
    As someone who never plays online (only local multiplayer), I found the loss to be very small. Of course, being that I never play online, that's a given.

However, L:RB is a fun game to have on its own. After all, the Lego humor certainly isn't found in RB2, now is it?
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    I've got the Wii version, which doesn't export and can only play the on-disc songs, and I still love Lego Rock Band. I makes me laugh, cheers me up, and is one of the most incredibly entertaining games I've ever played.

Play it and decide for yourself: The game has its own distinct comical atmosphere, and you'll either love it or your won't. For me, playing songs while busting ghosts and fleeing from a T-Rex brings a whole new level of fun to the genre.
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited December 2009
    Rich T.;3301718 said:
    I've got the Wii version, which doesn't export and can only play the on-disc songs, and I still love Lego Rock Band. I makes me laugh, cheers me up, and is one of the most incredibly entertaining games I've ever played.

Play it and decide for yourself: The game has its own distinct comical atmosphere, and you'll either love it or your won't. For me, playing songs while busting ghosts and fleeing from a T-Rex brings a whole new level of fun to the genre.
    I personally enjoyed demolishing a building while playing Tick Tick Boom more than any of the other Rock Power Challenges.
  • InsanityExInsanityEx Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Don't see why you should but I've never played the game myself. If I had a 360 or PS3, I'd sell the game right after export so I have cash for DLC. 45 songs + more RB2 songs = win for me.
  • redbackredback Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    BallisticJunkfood;3301746 said:
    I personally enjoyed demolishing a building while playing Tick Tick Boom more than any of the other Rock Power Challenges.
    Ghostbusters ftw.
  • illgreenillgreen Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I like playing as LEGOs. Probably going to just keep the game and not export.
  • leob5622leob5622 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Absolutely worth keeping. If you have younger players or those sensitive to offensive music, LRB is great way they can experience Rock Band without being exposed. It's also good for getting Achieve/phies!
    edited December 2009
    redback;3302395 said:
    Ghostbusters ftw.
    I loved the roadies popping up to sing "GHOSTBUSTERS!"
  • DragonclawDragonclaw Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Indeed, if it wasn't for the filter (yes, I KNOW it's supposed to be for the E10 rating...still would have liked the option for unlocking the filter anyway :p ) and the inability to export RB2 into Lego I'd totally just switch to LRB :)
  • illgreenillgreen Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    redback;3302395 said:
    Ghostbusters ftw.
    T-Hybrid;3303318 said:
    I loved the roadies popping up to sing "GHOSTBUSTERS!"
    The cow and the minotaur popping out had me laughing out loud while trying to play drums. Totally fun.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited December 2009
    Dragonclaw;3306052 said:
    Indeed, if it wasn't for the filter (yes, I KNOW it's supposed to be for the E10 rating...still would have liked the option for unlocking the filter anyway :p ) and the inability to export RB2 into Lego I'd totally just switch to LRB :)
    This.

I like the customizable rockers better in RB2, but gameplay (for us unpatched PS3 folks) is better, I like the tour structure a bit better (not the linierness, but how the setlists are setup), customizing everyone and everything is fun. My only other fix would be to allow the Teleporter to send you to any venue, as swapping vehicles gets old after a while.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited December 2009
    T-Hybrid;3300682 said:
    [QUOTE=Cliphead;3300639]Can't you actually play it and decide for yourself?
    This is ultimately the best answer.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. On a personal level, I love the Lego cutscenes and characters; however, obviously they're not for everyone. I absolutely adore the minifig versions of my band, though, and some of the features/tweaks introduced in LRB are fantastically wonderful. And then, the Rock Power Challenges:
    redback;3302395 said:
    [QUOTE=BallisticJunkfood;3301746]I personally enjoyed demolishing a building while playing Tick Tick Boom more than any of the other Rock Power Challenges.
    Ghostbusters ftw.[/QUOTE]

I agree with redback: The Ghostbusters challenge is the awesomest, although Tick Tick Boom is a friggin' sweet song and I am very happy it made it into the game. Also: dude, you're demolishing a building with the power of rock. How is that not awesome? (It isn't quite as awesome as clearing out a haunted house with the frigging Ghostbusters theme, but honestly, can ANYTHING match that level of awesomeness?)
  • PubknightPubknight Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I haven't played regular RB since getting Lego RB because of the star tracking.
    No lie... I actually didn't think it mattered to me that much, but after seeing it 'back' I just couldn't understand why it was ever removed for RB2.
  • ClipheadCliphead Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Pubknight;3309147 said:
    No lie... I actually didn't think it mattered to me that much, but after seeing it 'back' I just couldn't understand why it was ever removed for RB2.
    Has everyone forgotten that Rock Band 1 didn't show scores in Quickplay at all?
  • PubknightPubknight Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I didn't forget.
    I can see why some people might want the score info, but I can see why others (like me) might want the stars.
    The way RB1 and RB2 did it (just stars in 1, just scores in 2-at least initially) baffles me a bit.

Lego, and the Beatles, both showing both is what makes the most sense.

At least we know we can be pretty well assured of having both stars and scores displayed in RB3.
  • ChaosraidenChaosraiden Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    LoopyChew;3308779 said:
    Absolutely. On a personal level, I love the Lego cutscenes and characters; however, obviously they're not for everyone. I absolutely adore the minifig versions of my band, though, and some of the features/tweaks introduced in LRB are fantastically wonderful. And then, the Rock Power Challenges:

I agree with redback: The Ghostbusters challenge is the awesomest, although Tick Tick Boom is a friggin' sweet song and I am very happy it made it into the game. Also: dude, you're demolishing a building with the power of rock. How is that not awesome? (It isn't quite as awesome as clearing out a haunted house with the frigging Ghostbusters theme, but honestly, can ANYTHING match that level of awesomeness?)
    Fighting a giant octopus to Sum 41was the best imo.
  • GeeForce11GeeForce11 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    The story is really fun and pretty looooooong. I've been playing it for like a week, few hours every day, and just got to unlock the teleporter and there's still a lot more to go. Thanks God it did import half of my DLC and half of RB1 to the game so don't have to play the disc songs 50 times over and over...lol...If I wouldn't have any DLC & RB1 i doubt I would have the patience to play the whole story. Once I finish the story I'll put it away on a shelf and maybe put it in once in a while but will play RB2 that has the songs in it.
  • packerfan8675309packerfan8675309 Bladder of Steal
    edited December 2009
    I really dont think so. I sold mine on Amazon for 22 dollars so I'm a happy camper.
    edited December 2009
    Cliphead;3310353 said:
    Has everyone forgotten that Rock Band 1 didn't show scores in Quickplay at all?
    Rock Band 1 displayed the stars next to the song in Tour Mode though. So there was a place to go to track your progress.
  • rjbr2000rjbr2000 Insane
    edited December 2009
    I sold it for financial reasons but I did the export and the Hysteria bug bugged me a lot (I always had that fear that whenever I do a mystery setlist, the game will crash due to the song being picked)

But I wish I kept it for at least another week. I haven't finished the whole game. Was planning to do every single gig and all that but I thought, meh... Now I regret it and I miss my Rock Den. My poor troll...
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited December 2009
    Its better in pretty much every way to RB2. The only downsiders are online play and some of the songs obviously are not playable on the DLC front... those are big negatives for some but should not be reason enough to not play the game and see for yourself.

I love it and have no intention of selling it on even though ive finished it and gained most of the achievements in the process.