big money
manhattan project
Middletown Dreams
Mystic Rhythms

your thoughts ?

Comments

• thedoorsdkthedoorsdk Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I think overall this is probably Rush's best album, but I feel like a lot of the tracks are a little too heavy on synth and a little too light on guitar for Rock Band.
    Not like they can't get creative with the guitar charts, though. This album would be a blast on drums and bass at the very least. And playing that guitar lick from Territories would be awesome.
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    thedoorsdk;3305531 said:
    I think overall this is probably Rush's best album, but I feel like a lot of the tracks are a little too heavy on synth and a little too light on guitar for Rock Band.
    Not like they can't get creative with the guitar charts, though. This album would be a blast on drums and bass at the very least. And playing that guitar lick from Territories would be awesome.
    yeah, gotta agree that its very synth orriented, but it wouldnt be the first easy guitar album. and at least all other parts would make up for it.
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    YES. One of their best albums and their best 80's album for sure!

At the very least we NEED:

Territories (MUST have) and Middletown Dreams. Best songs on the album imo.

Then throw in one of their singles, The Big Money~ that would be an awesome 3 pack. :)
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    I'm down for that, or Grace Under Pressure.
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Neil Peart is such an amazing song writer.
    when will we get moar Rush HMX??
  • ZombieJeebusZombieJeebus Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Power Windows is one of my favorite Rush albums. Day one purchase for me.

Mystic Rhythms and Marathon would be sooo fun.
  • thedoorsdkthedoorsdk Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    solidsnakejt;3305597 said:
    yeah, gotta agree that its very synth orriented, but it wouldnt be the first easy guitar album. and at least all other parts would make up for it.
    Plus there's no telling what's buried in the mix that HMX could bring out. Hearing Rock Band mixes of these songs would be one of the things I'd be most excited about. Of course playing them would be awesome too.
  • FiRE_STiXFiRE_STiX Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    this album belongs in rock band
  • wreckem279wreckem279 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I think Signals would be a great album.

I would pay 5 dollars to play the bassline to The Analog Kid.
    edited June 2010
    With keyboards being introduced~ this album just screams Rock Band now~

C'mon HMX~ I need "Territories" and "Middletown Dreams"~ but I'd go crazy if we got the whole album
  • agentnncagentnnc Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    jayou521;3819391 said:
    With keyboards being introduced~ this album just screams Rock Band now~

C'mon HMX~ I need "Territories" and "Middletown Dreams"~ but I'd go crazy if we got the whole album
    I totally support and agree with this post.
  • Alvarado6411Alvarado6411 Dethbringer
    edited October 2010
    Showing support for just Big Money and Mystic Rhythms, I like the album but there are other songs from other albums I want. RUSH GREATEST HITS PACK!
  • stajanleafsstajanleafs Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    I'd get this in a heartbeat.
    By far one of my favorite Rush albums
    Marathon, The Big Money and Territories alone are worth it.
    edited April 2011
    Seeing as I think songs from Power Windows are absolutely essential post-RB3, I decided to post about each of the songs.

All the vids feature custom drum charts~

"Emotion Detector" has become my most wanted song~
    Been listening to it a lot lately and I think it's just perfect.

Emotion Detector ... I LOVE THE KEYS in this song~ and Lifesons' guitar provides a perfect balance between the two (unlike the other songs on the album). There's a long guitar solo that's pretty sweet as well. So awesome and great lyrics~ one of the few songs they've never played live.

Territories has always been one of my most wanted Rush songs for RB. Would be amazing for drummers, one of the albums highlights for Lifeson~ a good choice for Pro Guitar/Bass since it's not very keys driven.

Marathon is a very uplifting and inspirational song. The keys in this give me chills. This would be the other Pro Guitar/Bass song~ with an awesome guitar solo from Lifeson.

The Big Money is the most obvious song choice for HMX, being the albums' main single and opening track.

Middletown Dreams has always been one of my favorite Rush songs~ the intro and verse before the second chorus would be insane for keys~

Grand Designs also seems like an obvious choice. The keys are so awesome~ and the keys solo would be ridiculously crazy. Very catchy.

Those are my most wanted from the album~

Then there's..

Mystic Rhythms was the other big single from the album. The second half of this song is what makes it awesome to me.

Manhattan Project is an awesome song. A great way to learn about history~ love how it leads up to the chorus in the beginning. When Lifesons' guitar riff first comes in.. gives me chills every time.
    edited October 2012
    Someone else made full band custom vids through RBN audition mode.. thought I'd share..

Also I just discovered FoFix.. frets on fire with drums.. and I've been able to play custom charts of these myself. It's pretty awesome! "Marathon" and "Emotion Detector" are both a lot of fun on drums~ "Territories" was cool, I haven't gotten a chance to play the others yet tho~

The Big Money
    Grand Designs
    Manhattan Project
    Marathon
    Territories
    Middletown Dreams
    Emotion Detector
    Mystic Rhythms