"Alive" by Pearl Jam NOT in LEGO Rock Band?

jphinesdadjphinesdad Unsigned
edited December 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
The Wikipedia DLC article lists "Alive" (Live: Drop in the Park) as playable in Lego Rock Band; however, when I downloaded this song today, while it appeared as selectable in Rock Band 2, it did NOT appear as selectable in Lego Rock Band. Has anyone noticed any other errors on their list? I see that "Alive" is listed at rockband.com as a "family friendly" song that in theory should be compatible with the LEGO Rock Band, but again, sadly, it does not seem to be.

Comments

• BrentstahBrentstah Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Some songs are deemed unsuitable for Lego Rock Band's E10 rating, so they are not allowed to be downloaded or played on LRB.

I know, it's dumb
  • RyuzakiRyuzaki Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    ...How in the world is Alive family friendly?
  • ArmsAreLoudArmsAreLoud Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Read the OP. He noticed a mistake on Wikipedia, and felt the need to complain about it here rather than make the necessary correction.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited December 2009
    Lesson to learn: DON'T TRUST WIKIPEDIA.
  • ThornDavisThornDavis Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Ryuzaki;3308444 said:
    Seems entirely family friendly to me. A little bit sad, maybe, but no worse than Bambi, and the central theme of the song - where's the justice in who lives and who dies - is pretty much at a child's level of philosophy.
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Wikipedia also says that Feels Like the First Time and Fat Bottomed Girls aren't playable in Lego: Rock Band.
  • Dragonheart1991Dragonheart1991 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I find it funny that Alive isn't allowed in Lego RB but "Nightmare" by Crooked-X is.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    LoopyChew;3308764 said:
    Lesson to learn: DON'T TRUST WIKIPEDIA.
    Correction to learn: Wikipedia is only as reliable as And guess what its sources.
    CloudWolf;3308774 said:
    Wikipedia also says that Feels Like the First Time and Fat Bottomed Girls aren't playable in Lego: Rock Band.
    That's because of this...and this.

And also, what good is complaining here? Go to the WP talk page and let us know there's some mistakes. We'll gladly correct them. Especially now that we know HMX's OFFICIAL SITE is not accurate comparred to actual game data.
  • thedoorsdkthedoorsdk Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    ThornDavis;3308771 said:
    Seems entirely family friendly to me. A little bit sad, maybe, but no worse than Bambi, and the central theme of the song - where's the justice in who lives and who dies - is pretty much at a child's level of philosophy.
    What about the incestuous overtones of the second verse?
    edited December 2009
    Well, that's very family friendly.
  • DosvelasnegrasDosvelasnegras Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    OP actually cites a reliable source stating that song should be playable in Lego Rock Band: Alive (Live: Drop in the Park), which lists the song as "family friendly". Unless there is some other requirements I don't know, that qualification is the only thing necessary for DLC to appear in Lego Rock Band.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    Who cares? The simple fact that you managed to buy it shows you have RB2/1.
    edited December 2009
    Yeah...if you want to make sure that songs are playable in LEGO...buy them through the LEGO disc or go through the LEGO Rock Band listing in the PSN/XBLM.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    ThornDavis;3309368 said:
    Well, that's very family friendly.
    Beneficially friendly...

I better stop before I get myself banned for lame jokes.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited December 2009
    ThornDavis;3308771 said:
    Actually, the song is about having an affair with your mother.
    edited December 2009
    Bront20;3311714 said:
    Actually, the song is about having an affair with your mother.
    Unwillingly.
  • DosvelasnegrasDosvelasnegras Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    GNFfhqwhgads;3311169 said:
    Who cares? The simple fact that you managed to buy it shows you have RB2/1.
    The fact that (s)he posted means (s)he cares. Maybe (s)he wants to play it with auto kick drum?

Also, the fact that (s)he managed to buy doesn't mean anything. Xbox Live Marketplace page for Rock Band 2. You can download any song/trackpack from there without owning the game (useless, but the same as you remark).
  • ClipheadCliphead Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Why would you buy content for a game you don't own? If you know that Lego Rock Band supports DLC, you probably also know that there's a filter and that you're better off looking in the Lego Rock Band section of the Marketplace.
  • recharge138recharge138 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Truthfully, I never knew there WERE incest overtones in the song. I always took it more as just someone being a horrible mom in another way (Oh, by the way, that dude you thought was your real dad isn't, your real one died awhile back, thought you should know).

It really just adds another level of disturbing to it, really.
    edited December 2009
    Dosvelasnegras;3311972 said:
    Also, the fact that (s)he managed to buy doesn't mean anything. Xbox Live Marketplace page for Rock Band 2. You can download any song/trackpack from there without owning the game (useless, but the same as you remark).
    LEGO Rock Band section includes the DLC accepted. Since that's there, any person who buys off the RB2 section can only blame themselves.
    edited December 2009
    Cliphead;3312627 said:
    Why would you buy content for a game you don't own? If you know that Lego Rock Band supports DLC, you probably also know that there's a filter and that you're better off looking in the Lego Rock Band section of the Marketplace.
    *THIS*

You're playing LEGO Rock Band. What are you doing poking into the Rock Band 2 music store when LEGO has one of it's own?

Would you hold Activision responsible if you downloaded GHIII songs thinking they'd work in World Tour?

Or even better example, if you downloaded new Street Fighter characters, should Midway owe you anything if they don't work in Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe?
    edited December 2009
    ThornDavis;3308771 said:
    You're absolutely clueless to the song's meaning, then.
    edited December 2009
    Ryuzaki;3317684 said:
    You're absolutely clueless to the song's meaning, then.
    Right - hence my joke at the top of page 2. C'mon, keep up! You'll enjoy it more if you pay attention.
    edited December 2009
    ThornDavis;3318366 said:
    Right - hence my joke at the top of page 2. C'mon, keep up! You'll enjoy it more if you pay attention.
    Was replying to your post, not you. Duh.
    edited December 2009
    I think that amounts to the same thing.
  • udsubmitudsubmit Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I accept with information:Some songs are deemed unsuitable for Lego Rock Band's E10 rating, so they are not allowed to be downloaded or played on LRB.
    Ryuzaki;3308444 said:
    It´s about incest, how much more frindly can you get in a family?
    edited December 2009
    ThornDavis;3321229 said:
    I think that amounts to the same thing.
    Clearly it does not.
    edited December 2009
    Do you mind? I was replying to your post - not you. In fact I'm picking up a pretty good vibe from your post. I think it likes me, and you're kind of ruining it, so could you leave us to it?
  • SpoonMan54321SpoonMan54321 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    all of you giving this guy **** for not checking official material or not buying through the LRB section of marketplace should die in hell. check YOUR sources.

there are mistakes in BOTH of those places as well. i will point out two simple ones but rest assured there are many more. i posted a thread about it here back when the game came out but no one cared. i also posted something on the XBL forums but no one cared. so now the info is just plain wrong.

http://www.rockband.com/music/songs

someone in this thread mentioned fat bottomed girls being playable in LRB. well on the OFFICIAL ROCK BAND ****ING SITE it's listed as supervision recommended, not family friendly.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802575207f0/?of=3&bt=0&sb=0&p=16

oh look it's the LEGO ROCK BAND section of XBL marketplace. is that kool thing listed there? wait.... wait a minute! kool thing isn't playable in LRB! what the **** it's like they don't care that people can be misled into buying things that don't work!

oh wait. maybe they don't.

like i said these are just two examples. there are around 10 on either side (marked SR but are actually FF, and listed on marketplace but don't actually work in LRB). and of all the people to be giving the TC ****, T-Hybrid should be the one to know that there are problems, because he was the one giving ME **** for posting and bumping the thread i made about these exact problems back when LRB first came out.

i realize that alive: live is NOT one of the offending songs in this case, that is simply wikipedia's fault and TC's fault for ever trusting wikipedia ever, but there ARE problems with the system right now that no one cares to fix.