My PS3 just YLOD, will my export code work?

AxlitisAxlitis Opening Act
edited January 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
My PS3 has died. It has the yellow line. I'm sending it to Sony next week, for a I believe either a brand new one or a refurbished one. Anyways, first questions first:

1.) Do I have to buy all the DLC again? Or is it linked to my PSN ID?

2.) For LEGO Rock Band, can I export the songs again? Or was it a one-time use thing? Is that also linked to your PSN ID? I don't want to have to buy the game again. I already used my code on the dead PS3.

To anyone who answers, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.

Comments

• bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited December 2009
    You are fine. It's all on your dl history, except for the RB1 rip. That you'll need the disk for.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited December 2009
    Oh yeah, forgot something. Your game save with world tour progress, band names, characters and scores is very likely gone for good. You'll have to start over.
  • facade66facade66 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Is there no way to get the character stats off here?
    You can print photos of your band members here and try to recreate them if you can remember their attitudes.
    I wish I had written down the settings for my band when I created them, as my PS3 is acting up, resetting itself unexpectedly.
  • dabrry0523dabrry0523 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    hmm that's interesting, when you send the os3 back to Sony cant you take off the hard drive, because when my 360 got the RoD i kept the hard drive which meant i had all the game saves still, and i put that drive onto the console they sent me, and it works fine but since then i got a bigger hard drive but that doesn't matter
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    dabrry0523, the PS3 HD is encrypted to only one console so it will not work on another. I would presume to stop cloning of HDs. If you try it then it will not recognise the HD and ask you to format it. If you upgrade to a larger size, then you can do a full backup to USB device and restore that to a new HD. That HD will then only work on that one PS3 where the backup came from.
  • facade66facade66 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    You can backup the HDD to an external USB drive, then restore to a new PS3.

This should restore all your DLC and user profiles, but the game save will disappear, as it is encrypted to the PS3 that made it.

Don't know why really, except it stops us giving each other fully unlocked saves, again seems little point, as it is only cheating yourself.
  • DarkbutterflyDarkbutterfly Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Hi ! My PS3 is dead and we try to list all the ylod through this site : http://ylod.llysn.net/
    It's important. please register you if you are victim of ylod.
    Thank's !
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited January 2010
    facade66;3315781 said:
    You can backup the HDD to an external USB drive, then restore to a new PS3.

This should restore all your DLC and user profiles, but the game save will disappear, as it is encrypted to the PS3 that made it.

Don't know why really, except it stops us giving each other fully unlocked saves, again seems little point, as it is only cheating yourself.
    Locked files can be copied now. There is a setting that lets you copy files directly from one PS3 to another. However, it deletes them off of the source HD once it's done. I think the idea is for people who decide to "upgrade" to a slim model, or buy a second PS3 and want to move some of their saves elsewhere.

I personally don't see why "locked" saves can't simply be tied to a PSN ID, so they can be moved or copied as often as you wish, but without the PSN ID, you can't use them.