"Love" album DLC Dreamscapes and Ideas

Marvelfan13Marvelfan13 Unsigned
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
There is, in my opinion, only one way to release this as DLC. They would have to make it into a Abbey Road Medley Type thing, where you play the entire thing through in one go. It works perfectly, because all the songs feed into each other. You would, of course, get all the songs in singular form, but some of the songs are unchanged in almost every way. I think that this is the only way that this "album" would sell. While I'm here I might as well express some dreamscape ideas.

Because - Dear Prudence field. 'Nuff said

Get Back - Starts off in Abbey road and then transitions into the rooftop, but the sky will be fast moving and changing colors like in Good Morning Good Morning.

Glass Onion - After Get Back, they will transport to the I Am the Walrus place.

Eleanor Rigby / Julia - The same place where She's Leaving Home took place.

I Am The Walrus - I Am The Walrus place... again.

I Want To Hold Your Hand - This will be at the Ed Sullivan theatre, except that they are their older selves instead of their younger selves, and there will be no one in there.

Drive My Car / the Word / What You're Doing - Budakon, except that they are their older selves and that no one is in the stands.

Gnik Nus - This will serve as a transition back to Abbey Road Studios. It will be the same as the Sun King dreamscape, except in reverse.

Something - Same as its normal version, except that the color is different. Maybe more red. At the end, where the Blue Jay Way organ starts playing, its time for WYWY space stuff to come out!

BFBMK/IWY/Helter Skelter - BFBMK will acutally be in the studio. But when it goes into IWY and Helter Skelter, It will use a combination of Helter Skelter background and a very blurry effect, like at the end of IWY.

Help! - All Black and White. Thats it. Plain and Simple.

Blackbird / Yesterday - The bird thing from ADITL and then it will just be paul with his acoustic guitar (like Her Majesty).P.S. Bass will be the strings in Yesterday.

Strawberry Fields Forever - Good Morning Good Morning field.

WYWY / TNK - Same as on-disc version.

LSWD - Same as on-disc version.

Octopus's Garden - Starts with the strings (Guitar). Ringo is in the studio by himself, but the studio is in that water state for The on disc version of the song. Then it uses the same dreamscape for the on disc version. During the solo, George will be saying, "Fab" and all the other stuff he says. At the end, for Sung King, It would be the Sun thing again.

Lady Madonna - It would be just like Hey Bulldog, but in green (for some reason that song reminds me of green).

HCTS / The Inner Light - It would be Harrison Hill, but in its rainy/sunny state.

CT/DP/Cry Baby Cry - Same as on disc, but at the end, they are on Harrison

Revolution - Same as on disc.

BUSSR - Same as on disc.

WMGGW - George alone in the studio. As the strings (bass) come in, It will go into a colorful state.

ADITL - Same as on Disc, except for they are their older selves.

Hey Jude - It will be just like Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight

SPLHCB - It will be them in the studio with changing colors and stuff.

All You Need Is Love - Them in the studio with a purple back ground thing going on. Lyrics will pop up. At the end, when they start saying "good night to ye's all" It will be their younger selves. And then the screen will be black. It is over.

Comments

• quinakingquinaking Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I think I Want You/Helter Skelter would look a lot cooler if it was on the rooftop with the sky transitioning into the Helter Skelter dreamscape background. Then the whole world melts away leaving nothing but The Beatles.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    It'd actually be pretty interesting to get Love and be able to play it as one song.
  • CCDaDonCCDaDon Headliner
    edited December 2009
    Get Back would be best played by "Cavern Club" Beatles on the Rooftop, since the basis was to get back to their old sound.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    CCDaDon;3315489 said:
    Get Back would be best played by "Cavern Club" Beatles on the Rooftop, since the basis was to get back to their old sound.
    I love it, actually. Or they could just switch between them, either constantly or each verse.
  • LikeMikeLikeMike Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Short question: is the album Love worth it? I kinda always only listened to the normal albums, and thought this was just a fun but still "odd" side project. So, would you say the album adds enough quality touches to the songs to warrant a buy?
  • Thrasher9294Thrasher9294 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I would be mad if Hey Jude was made to be released with it, because I want the real 8 minute version, and it seems like it'd be likely that they wouldn't care about the real one if they released this one.

Also, not all of the songs seep into one another. Hey Jude has a separate intro, for example.

I mean, I'd love some really rearranged Love tracks, but only if we could still get the real versions, too. And if I had to pick, I'd want the real versions.
  • bigboss2014bigboss2014 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    i think for help they should be doing stuff like in the film, ie. playing in the snow, running away from killers, you know, usual beattle stuff

for Eleanor rigby/julia, they should be in a grave yard playing instruments while what happens in the song goes on around them, then at the end it shows eleanor rigby's grave
  • MatitoMatito Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    LikeMike;3315985 said:
    Short question: is the album Love worth it? I kinda always only listened to the normal albums, and thought this was just a fun but still "odd" side project. So, would you say the album adds enough quality touches to the songs to warrant a buy?
    Personally, yes, it's worth it, for the most part. It's great if you actually have the album and you can pop it into your car stereo or whatever and listen to it all the way through.

Where it doesn't translate well is if you put it on an iPod or something. Yes, you can listen to it the whole way through on that, too, but I'm sure I'm not alone in putting my iPod on shuffle and letting it randomly pick songs. Because a lot of the songs blend into one another, the transitions get cut off and you're often jumping into and out of songs.

But if you have the cash and are up for a neat, unique Beatles experience, check it out.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    CCDaDon;3315489 said:
    Sounds as far away as their old sound as anything IMO.

I think the whole Love album would be kinda pointless for release. All I know is that Because should just be them in a black room and you just see their faces, Bohemian Rhapsody style.
    edited December 2009
    DookieMan;3317184 said:
    Sounds as far away as their old sound as anything IMO.

I think the whole Love album would be kinda pointless for release. All I know is that Because should just be them in a black room and you just see their faces, Bohemian Rhapsody style.
    Actually when they started recording what would end up being "Let It Be" it started out as "Get Back" and was supposed to bring back the old style of just 2 guitars a bass and drums...

I find it funny that the album name was changed to "Let It Be" and in came the orchestras.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    CCDaDon;3317202 said:
    Actually when they started recording what would end up being "Let It Be" it started out as "Get Back" and was supposed to bring back the old style of just 2 guitars a bass and drums...

I find it funny that the album name was changed to "Let It Be" and in came the orchestras.
    Well, they wanted to go to the old style of recording, but it still sounds just as far away to their old sound.
    edited December 2009
    DookieMan;3317352 said:
    Well, they wanted to go to the old style of recording, but it still sounds just as far away to their old sound.
    Well... There are some parts of Get Back that sounds like a modernised version of "I Saw Her Standing There"
  • buffalopride11buffalopride11 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    i like the idea of having the old beatles in the ed sullivan theater
  • wrecklasswrecklass Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I'd actually like to see the Get Back Beatles doing the performance in the Cavern. That'd be cool and hit the right tone to me.
  • CamRockmanZillaCamRockmanZilla Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I'd have a mix of the dreamscapes of the normal songs. For example - for the mix of Mr. Kite/Helter Skelter/She's So Heavy, we have The Sgt. Peppers of Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite, playing on the Apple rooftop, and the sky in the background is from the Helter Skelter dreamscape. Also, there would be no people. This works for most tracks. Such as in the Octopus's Garden, we have the coral reef from Octopus's Garden, but the sea is purple and the Yellow Submarine is whoosing past. Also include some from Good Night. I think that LOVE should only be released if we somehow get every other Beatles album, which I know is very unlikley.
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    While My Guitar Gently Weeps would fit more, with Harrison, sitting in the studio. No colours. All Black And White. Halfways through the song, he is sitting on the hill, when its raining, and it ends with him sitting in the studio again.
  • deadpool247deadpool247 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    I figured Because/Get Back/Glass Onion can be all on one track; they flow together. Plus, with that, I felt that "track" can all be played on the rooftop.
  • ClipheadCliphead Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    If the whole thing was one track, you can't do much with the dreamscapes. Look at the Abbey Road medley and how simple it is compared to the individual parts. And we already have a version of Because with instruments (you know, the kind of song that would actually work for Rock Band), and from there it's fragments of songs, most of which you can already play without sitting around doing nothing for three minutes. Who would want to play an 80-minute song that often anyway?
  • KingKoolBeansKingKoolBeans Unsigned
    edited December 2009
  • Martipin12Martipin12 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    If they release it, i like to play it loke one song on WII, and the Abbey Road Medley and Ruber Soul Whole Album too
  • FamousszFamoussz Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    it would be messed up if they were there older selves playing i want to hold your hand and drive my car
    edited December 2009
    I had an idea for the Love version of Come Together:

It starts of just like the main version, but once the second solo starts, it goes to "Lennon Land," and you see the flowers bloom (which is what happened in Dear Prudence, which coincidentally is the segue in the song); also, I wouldn't mind the fans from "Sgt. Pepper" to dance around while the flowers are blooming.

The Love version of Being For the Benefit of Mr. Kite! would go the same way as it does now, but when the Helter Skelter/I Want You segment pops up, have the image go negative. That, or it could turn red. (I have a feeling that song will be the hardest in the entire game....at least for DLC songs)
    edited December 2009
    Having thought it over, I think that the Revolution/Back In The USSR song will be the hardest for the entire game (the two songs flow together on the album, and in the Love show)