Truly Wroth about Way Lego Export was done!!!

AlOX952AlOX952 Unsigned
edited December 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
Anybody else just strait mad about how the export on Lego rock band was different from the Rockband 1 export was done?...with rock band one each song ripped individually and then you go thru and delete the crap you didnt want...which i did. With lego rock band the songs come as one big file and your then stuck with a bunch of new Emo and Indy crap that just sucks. I wanted Song 2, ghostbusters, Final Countdown, the Queen stuff, the Tom petty stuff and that was about it and was content to pay $10 for just those songs as i assumed that they wound never be DCL. Give us the choice to edit the export list or something. I want more songs i like in the mix for randon setlists and make your own setlists...Not just more songs....If anybody important reads this please consider when you make RB2 exportable to RB3

Comments

• RampantFrenzyRampantFrenzy Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    assuming that the export even worked.... that wouldnt have bothered me..
  • DEMON212DEMON212 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I still to this day don't know why these 45 tracks weren't just released as DLC.
  • MikachuMikachu Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    So instead of getting six songs for $10, you get 45... and you're unhappy?
    edited December 2009
    Mikachu;3316027 said:
    So instead of getting six songs for $10, you get 45... and you're unhappy?
    + the cost of the disc..

and again your assuming the export even works... which it always doesnt

so until some get an email.. assuming they have alerted the correct peoples.. from hmx they have naught but a coaster for the most part..

which is far more irritating to me than having songs I may or may not ever play in RB2 or have them pop up in a random setlist...
  • Thrasher9294Thrasher9294 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    AlOX952;3315839 said:
    Anybody else just strait mad about how the export on Lego rock band was different from the Rockband 1 export was done?...with rock band one each song ripped individually and then you go thru and delete the crap you didnt want...which i did. With lego rock band the songs come as one big file and your then stuck with a bunch of new Emo and Indy crap that just sucks. I wanted Song 2, ghostbusters, Final Countdown, the Queen stuff, the Tom petty stuff and that was about it and was content to pay $10 for just those songs as i assumed that they wound never be DCL. Give us the choice to edit the export list or something. I want more songs i like in the mix for randon setlists and make your own setlists...Not just more songs....If anybody important reads this please consider when you make RB2 exportable to RB3
    You paid the ten bucks anyway. Might as well keep the Emo crap that, I agree is annoying, would be fun for others if you do the right thing and have a Rock Band Party.
    DCL
    downcontentloadable
  • MikachuMikachu Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    RampantFrenzy;3316038 said:
    + the cost of the disc..

and again your assuming the export even works... which it always doesnt

so until some get an email.. assuming they have alerted the correct peoples.. from hmx they have naught but a coaster for the most part..

which is far more irritating to me than having songs I may or may not ever play in RB2 or have them pop up in a random setlist...
    The point of the thread is that he's mad that he paid the $10 export fee for six songs, and he got 45, and he's "hot pissed" about it. Can anyone say spoiled?
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Maybe he can't pass Thunder and doesn't want it to show up in mystery setlists. I mean, that's where all the Visions hate originated.

Edit: And jolly good show to the chap who did a right thing with the thread title.
    edited December 2009
    Mikachu;3316082 said:
    The point of the thread is that he's mad that he paid the $10 export fee for six songs, and he got 45, and he's "hot pissed" about it. Can anyone say spoiled?
    I just want to whine about my export code being broken until Monday when hopefully Ill get my fix...

I wasnt really paying that close of attention..
  • ClipheadCliphead Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Two reasons this was done differently:
    -To prevent people from renting the game just to export
    -Rock Band 1 and 2 aren't programmed to detect Lego songs
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    DEMON212;3315970 said:
    I still to this day don't know why these 45 tracks weren't just released as DLC.
    I still to this day don't know why these people keep opening new threads when there's hundreds of "OMG export!" threads already out there.
  • AkuryuAkuryu Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Some people just want more songs. The more the better. It doesn't matter if they like them or not. More songs, more variety, more gooder. I'm one of these people. In fact I guarantee you nobody in this topic has more DLC than I do. So keep that in mind when I say: I absolutely understand the OPs frustration.

The goal for many players is not "OMG MORE SONGS!" Many people want to build a setlist with songs they enjoy. They don't want their setlist cluttered with songs they don't like and will never play. Imagine if purchasing your favorite songs on iTunes required you to download a bunch of songs you hate. You can't remove them, they are linked to the songs you bought and thus forever stuck on your iPod...cluttering up your music list, taking up space on the device itself, playing randomly if you shuffle your songs. Annoying wouldn't begin to describe it. Even if that happened, on an iPod you can at least skip tracks or save custom setlists...sorta work around the stuff you hate. Rock Band doesn't even let you do that.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    But what's the point of "Working around songs you hate". With the exception of LEGO and AC/DC, everything else thus far has been available as a single song or a song pack.

In situations such as AC/DC and LEGO...it's up to the user to determine if the overall song list is worth the price of admission. Apparently he felt all 45 songs were worth spending $60 on....so I find it hard to sympathize when he spent the money as he did and now is upset.

It was a fully optional process.

---------

In my own case, I badly want to play a few of the songs in the Guitar Hero series. But the overall game experience isn't worth the money spent to bring in those few songs. I see it as the same situation here.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited December 2009
    AlOX952;3315839 said:
    with rock band one each song ripped individually and then you go thru and delete the crap you didnt want.
    Tell that to PS3 and Wii users.

Seriously, I like it this way. I could sell the disk now if I chose to, and I will always have the songs available and attached to my account.

What you really want, is a customizable filter.

Otherwise, relax and try to enjoy some new music. I expected to like about 20-25 of the songs, it's probably closer to 35-40.