any Mass Effect fans here?

PixelatedPixelated Unsigned
edited February 2013 in Less Rokk More Talk
Just wondering if anyone here likes Mass Effect and is looking forward to the new game and the new comic.

If you are a fan, here's some great stuff you might want to check out. These don't have any spoilers so you don't need to worry about that.

ME2 Engineer class changes

ME2 Adept class changes

My ME1 Shepard was an engineer and it was fun. Looking forward to playing them in ME2 with those changes. That summoned drone thing looks cool.

Comments

• Sarge51Sarge51 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Mass Effect 2 = Drama of Mass Effect 1 x (times) 42
  • edited December 2009
    One of the nice things of finally getting a new PC next year is that I'll finally be able to play these games. I love Bioware games, so I'm looking forward to this.
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited December 2009
    I never played the first one, but after playing through Dragon Age, and seeing a couple video clips on YouTueb I can definitely say my interest is piqued. Hopefully the story will long enough to last me through February to March when FFXIII comes out.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited December 2009
    Just FYI, you might want to go back and play Mass Effect 1.

There was a lot of stuff that happened in that game, and you might be a little lost starting with 2.
  • back_blowsback_blows Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    I just might pop in ME today to "get back in shape".
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited December 2009
    noble;3318513 said:
    Just FYI, you might want to go back and play Mass Effect 1.

There was a lot of stuff that happened in that game, and you might be a little lost starting with 2.
    I was thinking this, but I was sort of hoping I wouldn't have to. But, maybe I'll pick it up for cheap after Christmas and play through it in the weeks leading up to ME2's release.
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited December 2009
    Not to mention the decisions you made in Mass Effect effect the second game.
  • Cpt. OverkillCpt. Overkill (Briefly) Touched by a Banhammer
    edited December 2009
    This makes me wish I didn't sell ME.
    edited December 2009
    Why would you sell games? You'd never get profit from selling them or anything.
  • Cpt. OverkillCpt. Overkill (Briefly) Touched by a Banhammer
    edited December 2009
    When it's the only way to get a new game, I'll do it. I won't be selling any more games once I get a job, though.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited December 2009
    Gowienczyk;3318613 said:
    Priorities in life change for some people. And there certainly is a profit on used games, otherwise retailers like EB Games and Gamestop wouldn't do it, but I won't get into that.

But back on-topic, I'm looking forward to playing through ME2, but there's not enough of a draw for me to pick it up on day one. I have to admit that I'm really impressed with Bioware and Dragon's Age right now, so we'll see if the game leaves me on a Bioware kick by the time ME2 comes out.
  • topperharleytopperharley Son of Statler and Waldorf
    edited December 2009
    Very excited for ME2. The first one had a few frustrating flaws, but the story was awesome. Debating whether I want to preorder. I'd really like that Iron Man-esque armor, but I also figure that there'll be some decent sales not too long after the game releases. I can live without cool looking armor if I can wait a month and save $20.
    Gowienczyk;3318613 said:
    But if you sell them online, you can usually get a decent price for them. Which, for people who don't replay games, is a lot more than you get from them sitting in a box in the closet.
  • hawkofvahawkofva Rocks You Like A Hurricane
    edited December 2009
    One of Bioware's lead authors also wrote a couple novels set prior to each Mass Effect game (Revelation is the prequel to ME1, Ascension to ME2). If you happen to be Star Wars fans, he wrote a couple books linking the events of KOTOR to the main Saga via Darth Bane that are also really good.
  • BearclawBearclaw Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I'm a huge Mass Effect fan. I've really gotten back into it lately and I'm working on getting all of the achievements before Mass Effect 2 comes out.

Also, thanks for posting those links, I'm now extra hyped about the adept. After finally seeing singularity in action with Liara (my only other biotic was biotic/tech), it's definitely the class the seems most exciting to me.

I think I'm going to revise my Amazon preorder to release day delivery, I don't think I can wait the 3-5 business days after the game is released to play it.
  • Sarge51Sarge51 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    You have no idea how annoying it is when enemies hide from you. Now you can just swing your biotic "ball" around the corner and get them. :D
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I love ME. It was one of those games I was weary of to begin with so I didn't purchase it right away. I spent a week visiting a friend of mine in the DC area, and one day I saw that he had ME. Curious, I threw it in...three days later I finished it.

So I came home and bought it for my 360 to play through it again. Loved everything about ME, and I hate playing shooters on the console. Wildly anticipating ME2, and even purchased the DA:O CE pack so I could get that armor. :D (DA:O is awesome as well)
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited December 2009
    My brother had been telling me about Mass Effect for the past year and a half and I kept saying that I'd get around to checking it out. He got tired of hearing that and just got me the game for Christmas and I'm absolutely addicted. I've been playing it nonstop since Christmas day and I went to Gamestop yesterday and reserved part 2. I just beat the game for the first time a little while ago and now I'm about to start it all over again. :D
  • clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
    edited December 2009
    I can't wait for Mass Effect 2. Still hafta go and pre-order the collector's edition.
  • CubecubedCubecubed Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    Currently replaying Mass Effect 1. such a good game....
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited December 2009
    clashcityrocker10;3390785 said:
    I can't wait for Mass Effect 2. Still hafta go and pre-order the collector's edition.
    Apprently Gamestop stopped taking orders weeks ago (don't have one so don't know for sure) and Amazon just last week.
  • Wiiman95Wiiman95 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Anyone read the Mass Effect book series? It's actually pretty good. :D:D:D
  • BonezBonez Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I love Mass Effect so much, sometimes I secretly wish I could live in it.

Needless to say, I've got it reserved and I'll be picking it up as soon as work allows on the 26th.

I really wanted to get all the achievements for the first game, and I only have nine to go, but that's going to require at least another playthrough and a half, and Dragon Age has sucked me in, sadly. I knew I shouldn't have started it yet.
  • AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
  • DaemiusDaemius Petal Power
    edited December 2009
    My laptop is junk right now and I don't have a 360, no Mass Effect for me. Oh well, I don't find myself missing it that much. I've had opportunities to get it for my laptop in the past, when it wasn't junk, and I didn't so I'm gonna keep with my gut instinct and skip the next one too.
  • clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
    edited December 2009
    Rock_Starman;3391104 said:
    Apprently Gamestop stopped taking orders weeks ago (don't have one so don't know for sure) and Amazon just last week.
    Damn. I'll just buy it when it comes out then.
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited December 2009
    They're still gonna be pretty limited apprently so get to Wal-mart/Best Buy/where ever it is you're planning on getting it early.
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited December 2009
    I'm okay with just the regular game. The Collector's Edition comes with a mini comic and a small book with some of the concept art, right? Maybe a few behind the scenes docs? I'd rather save the ten bucks for more RB DLC and just enjoy the game itself.
  • pacifistWITHgunpacifistWITHgun Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Daemius;3391659 said:
    My laptop is junk right now and I don't have a 360, no Mass Effect for me. Oh well, I don't find myself missing it that much. I've had opportunities to get it for my laptop in the past, when it wasn't junk, and I didn't so I'm gonna keep with my gut instinct and skip the next one too.
    Your gut's wrong.

Can't wait for this game. It's like the only game out this year I care about.

26 more days.
    edited January 2010
    Can't wait for this game. It's like the only game out this year I care about.
    The Old Republic
    Alpha Protocol
    Mafia II
    Alan Wake
    Star Trek Online
    All Points Bulletin

Those are pretty much my anticipated games for this year (as well as Mass Effect 2)
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited January 2010
    Gowienczyk;3393372 said:
    The Old Republic

Those are pretty much my anticipated games for this year (as well as Mass Effect 2)
    Very excited for that one. I haven't heard of the others, really, although I'm familiar with the name of Alan Wake and Mafia. I haven't really kept up with new game releases lately :(